Old player tried coming back, bummed out

I did not play the game for a long, long time. Found out recently it was free to play now (the whole Alpha/Omega thing), thought to check it out. Figured I could fit out a battleship and run some level 4s. Fitted out Rattlesnake, found out I can’t use sentry drones as Alpha. All that with a long trip to Jita and back to mission hub. Oh well, Rattle was really not fun to use without sentries, so I go back to Jita to sell the Rattlesnake, fitted out CNR with all the faction bling (at this point I had to sell bunch of assets to afford all that). Took CNR back to mission hub, it works as intended. So, I figured I could go into EVE and do a level 4 mission or two every once in a while for shits and giggles. Then boom, finding out today Alphas can’t run level 4s two days from now. That trip to Jita and back 4 times, and selling bunch of assets, all for nothing. So much for free to play.

7 Likes

You literally didn’t spend a dime to do this. So yes… all that was indeed for nothing.

18 Likes

I invested real life time with future returns in mind. Except there’s zero future return in this case, so the time was spend for nothing.

2 Likes

Time is relative anyways.

You are able to log in and play without paying, unlike previously. Even when lvl 4 and 5 missions are locked from alphas, there are plenty you can do and lot of ships to fly.

3 Likes

Well it’s clear, that not everyone values your time as highly as you do.

2 Likes

Holy moly entitlement

7 Likes

Stop being poor.

5 Likes

So subscribe and do whatever you want.

7 Likes

Troll post…

3 Likes

You didn’t have to pay to play, did you?

3 Likes

Cool story

1 Like

so run L3’s for shits and giggles, if you want it to be a challenge? do it in a destroyer or a low fit cruiser.

m

6 Likes

lvl3s in a thrasher are tons of fun!

2 Likes

Lvl4 Blockade is a challenge in Raven with Alpha skills, had to warp out few times. I can see why they did the whole Alpha thing, to frustrate players into paying.

1 Like

So…you wanted to have the same content you used to pay for, but now without a subscription. And now you are going to stop playing, like you were, because of the requirement to pay…fine. See you later and can I have your stuff?

6 Likes

You should have done them in a Hurricane, or a Tornado. THAT’s challenging! Getting your ass handed to you, because you’re in an undertanked sitting duck, spamming missiles, definitely isn’t.

NO MORE LVL4S FOR ALPHAS!?!?

Seriously OP, you know what EvE is, you’re not checking it out to see if you like it or not.

So if you like it, pay for it. If you don’t want to pay for it, stop griping about what you get for free.

and if you want to do stuff similar to lvl4s, scan down combat sites and run the higher ones - yw

7 Likes

Oh well, as a (non)paying client, im sure CCP will be very sad to hear you go. And I hear you. Whenever my local restaurant has a free lunch day, I show up, but its packed, and i have to wait 2 hours to get in.

Damn the restaurant for offering free food and making me waste my time for 2 hours to get in, when I couldve just paid 40 bucks at another restaurant and not needing to wait at all.

Oh, thats right. I didnt waste my time, because it was my choice to be cheap and go to a free restaurant and wait for free food.

You joined a game that was free to play. You didnt spend any money. You chose to play it. And you didnt have a good time as a free customer.

I cant imagine what you would do when you pay $60 for a game that also happens to suck.

5 Likes

prior to the alpha change, you couldn’t have run ANY missions without paying for it. now you can run lvls 1-3 (after the change this tuesday)
just because its not as much as you would like, doesn’t mean it isn’t more than you had before.

It would be like an ice cream shop offering free ice cream on tuesdays, toppings are extra. after a year or so they decide to change it to only a free 3/4 cup of ice cream. your still getting free ice-cream, maybe not as much as it was before, but its still more than nothing.

2 Likes