High Sec Citadels and Security Status

Hate to break the news to you, but most people aren’t affected by CODE. Once you are outside of the tradehubs and the pipes connecting them, it’s really unlikely that you get ganked. And even if you do lose a ship, most people take it as a part of the game.

The thing is, suicide-ganking has been a part of the game since the beginning. CODE is no different from other successful in-game organisations that they work together towards a common goal. They aren’t breaking any rules no matter how many dollar amounts you come up with. They killed your ship within the game rules. How about instead of trying to change the rules to get back at them, you use the tools you currently have to get back at them?

Finally: Not having an issue with CODE does not mean I belong to them or that I suicide-gank. It just means that I fly outside of their area of influence.

1 Like

:moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

oh you, I used to enjoy your tear filled shitposts,but alas they grown stale and boring to the eyes.
Please good sir do try and innovate when it comes to these posts so I am always able to enjoy such treasured relics of these great great fourms.

A smart industrial player sees this as “CODE has created 61 trillion ISK worth of demand for the replacement ships that I am selling to people who are victims of a suicide gank, as well as lots of ISK worth of demand for the suicide gank ships that I am selling to CODE”. The smart industrial player exploits this demand for their own benefit, understanding that without destruction EVE’s economy grinds to a halt. The smart industrial player understands that every time their competition suffers losses in a suicide gank the economic effect is increased profits for their own operations.

The stupid and lazy player, well, I believe your posts speak for themselves on that one…

2 Likes

Well no. Even though they’ve shot at me i don’t have a vendetta with them. Just know to be wary when they are around.

They are like wildlife. No bad blood and mostly misunderstood. Harmless unless you do something to provoke them.

1 Like

CODE are not harmless unless provoked. If that was true then they wouldn’t have a gank total of 61.2 triilion isk in ships, modules and pods destroyed.

No that type of industrialist is a sociopath who values the destruction of others in order to make more ISK for themselves.

Hate to break the news to you, but most people aren’t affected by CODE.

61.2 trillion isk in destroyed assets means that CODE has affected everyone in some form or another.

Sure, I may pay 0,25 ISK more for my items because of CODE, but that doesn’t affect my gameplay in any way.

soooooo i just put it up with an alt corp and it becomes another meaningless mechanic?

You don’t understand. He does not want to wardec, people could shoot him then. He wants to shoot the citadel while multiple NPC forces make sure no one can actually shoot back at him.

In theory… In reality we would dunk him anyway no matter what game mechanics are in his favour. Lol

…and my tiny little nipples went to Jita.

A lot of people provoke them.

You are paying more for items because of CODE.

That certainly does effect your game play because now you are earning less on your items because of CODE.

Take an economics course and stop groveling before CODE.

CODE provokes itself by being High Sec gankers. There is no amount of spin you can put on CODE to make them seem like the victim.

While I have no doubt that if CODE catches me, they will kill me, none of them have gone to any extended effort to do so.

I have had encounters with two agents. The first made a run to bump me off an asteroid, and when I asked him if he was going to bump me he said ‘love bump’ and let me be after that.

The second was Guybertini, who warped a catalyst near me, and I responded by warping out. He left the system soon after. I sent him a mail with a Gummi Bear theme song linked and he sent me one back thanking me for being a good sport.

Certainly, they are dangerous, but not vindictive, relentless, or without mercy in my experience. If you treat them poorly, if you give them a reason to pay attention to you, then they will, but then again, that would be your fault.

If you lose a ship, you lose a ship. Whether it’s to CODE or someone else. It happens. It needs to happen or we would have a very poor industrial sector. Adversity, and overcoming it, builds character, and it reflects poorly on someone to beseech of another to solve a problem they could solve on their own with what is already available.

I am all for opposing the gankers, but I’ve yet to find a group that does so responsibly. That is, one free of the bitter hatred of an in game enemy that spills over into real life insults. One where I am free to acknowledge the enemy’s strengths without being labeled a spy or worse.

All players should be afforded a minimum amount of respect until they prove themselves to be undeserving of it. The destruction of simulated assets is not a crime in the real world sense, and does not represent an action that frees players from the obligation to display that minimum of respect. Do so, and gankers are much less likely to try to make a personal example of you.

1 Like

Stupid derailment of a topic. CODE tears are most irrelevant. Many in null-sec don’t care about CODE or dislike them as all of high-sec does.

TBF, when a suggestion’s base motivation is literally the result of someone’s lube-less slide on top of an Avatar, it’s a fair reason to assume the idea is going to be critically flawed from the start.

No. Nobody needs a fair reason to make assumptions. That’s actually the best part about assumptions. Having a fair reason to then make an assumption is like putting on a wedding dress and then to jump into sewage.

May I suggest you check OPs posting history before try to defend his ideas? :wink:

The OP currently has 9 threads in 3 differet sections of the forum, all that are against CODE in one way or another. Yes, he is on a personal vendetta against them and is suggesting to change the game-mechanics to win his little “war”.

1 Like