High Sec issues I have heard, from both new & old

On point 1:

Personally I agree, but… There are those who can’t protect themselves from Newbie-bashers, and those who will bash newbies as they are too lame to take on real targets.

If the Newbie gets nowhere then they will head off to another game, sadly.

Hence me suggesting that CODE dial it back to when a character reaches a certain age. Make sure teh Newbies can bed in before you get a stick out and start to chase them around. PvP is expensive for ship losses, and learning to ISK is a big part of the Newbie game. You only really sort your ISK proper as you reach Yr 1 in age to my understanding ( I might be wrong ).

And not everyone can PLEX like this thing is a slot-machine.

On Point 5:

And yet we have High Sec content now showing up that is for players with more SP’s. FoB’s etc.

Maybe teh tide is turning for those who like the High Sec storyline?

I hope so, as I like the Empires. I’m part of a group trying to crack FoB’s for example.

Not gonna happen.

LOL I play several other games. I have been gaming online since 1994, so I have seen some real winners and losers in the online development world.

What I find funny in your response is nothing you have said, states that CCP doesn’t know what they are doing. They have made changes based on CSM guidance, which you may not pay attention to their meeting minutes, but some of these changes were discussed almost a year ago. Yes I looked.

Here look through them yourself.
https://community.eveonline.com/community/csm/meeting-minutes/

I know… they kept track of this. What developer that doesn’t care does this?! (Rhetorical question)

Now saying there is no PVP, LOL zkillboard paints a different picture. Heck last night in FW space, I know there was a pretty good fight in Ezzara.

Yeah just a few kills in that system. And I dont see a lot of miner bumping or ganking going on there.

But, I am getting the feeling you are just talking out of your 5th point of contact.

1 Like

There are quite a few indicators that “CCP DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING”. That is, if Captain’s Quarters didn’t already convince you of their general ‘Attention Deficit’ and incompetence.

There is also the fact … I said “FACT” … that the game is NOT what they want it to be and they don’t know how to transform it into what they want!

They want to create a PvP game, but they can’t! Poor planning, poor design and poor development have resulted in something in the game that is a far cry from PvP! No matter what “SEC” you are in, the lack of a ship hierarchy, the ridiculous modules, the inability to imagine Space PvP, have resulted in “N+1”, just bring more ships! No depth! No strategy! No thought! Just mindless ganging up!

Surely you’ve watched their “Tournaments”! It takes longer to assemble the players and ships than it does to actually fight the battle! Whichever team turns on the ECM wins! No Drama! No Depth! No Strategy! No Thought! a Far cry from PvP!

If this game did have PvP they would not desperately NEED High Sec which (try to follow this) they don’t actually want, and don’t actually want people playing in, but they desperately need people to be there and to play there in order to keep the money rolling in, the servers online, the company up and running, and ICELAND HAPPY! They need to market EVE Online as a PVE game, even though they want EVE Online to be a PvP game, but since they are too incompetent to design a PvP game, they need to market the game as a PvE game, despite the fact they don’t want anyone to PvE because they can’t produce PvP!

Because NOBODY would buy and play EVE Online’s "far cry from PvP!

Ships were destroyed, you say? I’m more interested in game MECHANICS, BALANCE and COMPETITIVENESS.

Yeah, CCP doesn’t know what they’re doing. They should take some advice on planning, design and development from one of those other companies who have kept an online game relevant for 15 years.

3 Likes

You’re saying, that the MONEY is all that matter right?
that’s what I’m saying too! the MONEY is ALL that matters to CCP!

Then maybe a MOBA is for more for you.

I’m interested in:

• A laissez faire economy (or as close as we can get).
  • PVP (the pew-pew type) that has consequences other than just stats and achievement points.
  • Competition between players in all aspects of the game.
  • Watching an interesting socio-economic experiment unfold right before my eyes.
  • Long term strategy.

EvE gives me this.

When I want to do other things like smash someones face in a good tightly controlled tactical game, or just faceroll through quests to read the story, I play other games.

EvE scratches a few of my itches that other games don’t.

I would suggest finding what works for you.
Apparently EvE doesn’t, and that’s just fine.

–Gadget wishes you luck

5 Likes

Who is talking about what you want???

This is an Objective discussion, not your subjective Pah-Ta-Toe — Paa-Taa-Tah discussion.

FACT: CCP markets EVE Online as a PVE game
FACT: CCP doesn’t want people playing PvE in EVE Online.

what do those facts have to do with … how you’ve learned to interpret your activities in EVE Online???

Gonna need a source for the second one.
Or maybe your definition of PVE.

Because in mine, you are encouraged to do PVE in EvE. In fact, it’s built in - where do you think most minerals and ISK come from? Doing strictly PVE is of course player choice - sandbox and all that - but I don’t see CCP as poo-pooing PVE so long as the competition is still there.

All aspects of EvE involve player competition. Some also call this PVP - some take a more narrower view of PVP and only apply it to shooting each other. Nomenclature is irrelevant in the long run. I will repeat, all aspects of EvE involve player competition - including the PVE portions.

CCP gets this; that’s why its there.

–Competitive Gadget wants all the stuff

4 Likes

I need a source! I need a source! Suddenly … or is it just for the space of that sentence? … Gadget needs incontrovertible Fact!

And then the rest of Gadget’s reply is pure wishy-washy, waffling, semantics, and the usual subjective flim-flam!

All the while ignoring the very facts that there is a pretense of calling for!

–Gadget gets poo-pooed

That’s because you have no facts beyond EvE is marketed as a game.
:roll_eyes:

–Gadget nods

3 Likes

you only need to google “EVE Online, NPC Corp Tax” to find tons of hits that say what CCP intended to do with the tax was force players out of NPC corps and into Player Corps to increase PvP!

and of course, that also proves that Gadget is just your garden variety troll.
A Source!

Improve your Troll skills then come back.

'K, I will.

CCP Ytterbium
The goal of such changes is to give more flexibility for Citadel owners to make a profit when charging their services to the public, while making sure they are profitable enough to compete versus NPC station services.

(emphasis mine)

Competition. It’s what EvE is about - no matter if you shoot rocks, rats, or each other.

–Rock Smiting Gadget

1 Like

Citadels weren’t even a distant dream when CCP instituted the NPC corp tax.

Not to increase PVP. At least not in CCP’s words.

11% tax was introduced in 2009 (was no tax before then) and the reasons are outlined in this devblog:

While CCP have a preference for players moving to player Corps, and do see NPC Corp membership as a temporary thing, the devs don’t make a distinction between PVP or PVE.

Both are needed to “shape the World of EVE”. You cant shape without building as much as destroying, and tax isn’t even required from a PVP perspective.

Additionally, it’s a tax on PVE activities, so arguably a motivation more for a PvE focused player to move to a player Corp.

2 Likes

Thanks!

I was looking for that one, all I could find was the (BEST NAMED) source engadget.

–N-Gadget

1 Like

Beautiful post! We are much indebted to your Web-Searching Skills! Hopefully, someone as talented as you already works at a competent and well respected IT Corp!

However, we only need to read the following to prove, without any further doubt, that the intent of the NPC Corp tax was to drive players OUT OF NPC corps and out of High Sec:

NPC corporations are meant to be temporary spaces where people can go about their daily activities while searching for a player corporation. Currently the level of comfort they provide, both in terms of war declaration immunity and 0% tax, give them an inherent advantage over player corporations which was never intended.

…Hopefully, this will let player corporations compete on equal footing with NPC corporations.
…That said, this change is not implemented to “destroy” NPC corps, they should be considered a small motivation to join a player corporation, where you can develop and flourish as a player.

Here’s the rest. Again, emphasis mine.

At no point do I see PVE is bad - stop doing it.
I see, EvE is competition. Make some friends - or don’t.

–Gadget has friends… right Chloe?

1 Like

Allow me to remind you what is at issue.
The issue is the INCOHERENCE of EVE Online. The fact that CCP’s right hand doesn’t know what its left hand is doing. The Facts that CCP markets EVE Online as a PVE game and CCP doesn’t want players to PVE and wants to force them into PVP and Null Sec!

Of course there is no condemnation of PVE, it’s how they market the game!

But that Dev Blog proves that CCP views its game as a PVP game as INTENDED for PVP but can’t quite bring it about, AND that PVE is NOT intended, despite being the way it markets its game!

EVE is not marketed as a PVE (only) game.

Nonsense. “PVE” is an integral part of the game and is even considered PVP “without shooting”.

Seriously are you so upset because you saw a piece of marketing that you felt was misleading? What was it? Actually pointing to some actual marketing material vs. just these vague whines and complaints would be helpful…but if you want to just be a cry baby…carry on.

1 Like