High Sec Occator Fit

I have a dst in which I haul billions worth
I have a cloak, an AB and a mjd.
I haven’t died yet because I have them

How does that confirm anything?
What universe do you even play in? Lol

Snipped. - ISD Fractal

You can’t explain in which situation the cloak helps, yet you claim it is necessary.
Typical childish “I’ve doneit for 7 years so I am right”.

Guys, want to take the dissing elsewhere please.

Or just use a Bustard. Those things can get some ridiculous tank stats.

1 Like

ive level IV in an Occator and level V Gallente Industrials, I dont see the need to cross train into a Bustard, although I do like the look of the new model.

AB sounds nice, but you are sitting there for ~8-9 seconds uncloaked that’s plenty of time for someone to get a scan and get ready for you on one of the next gates. If you are running empty that might make sense, but imo it’s a bad habit I wouldn’t suggest getting into, take the extra few seconds and just mwd+cloak.

with the MWD+Cloak sure you might get caught out once in a while by gate trash, but most gates you won’t even be lockable if you time it right. Most of the gates with gate trash aren’t even the spots where people are cargo scanning. And if you use your tactical overlay you can often time it to avoid the concord/faction police spawns. If I had to guess I’d say I have a less than 5% failure rate with Mwd+cloak.

and of course if someone has fast tackle with multiple scrams well you’re probably dead either way, but I don’t think I’ve seen much of that. Most DST ganks I’ve seen have looked more like careless DST pilots.

all that said I’m never taking MWD + cloak off of my DSTs, barring some mechanic changes.

1 Like

Ive been lucky up to now with the ship, Ive used the original fit I posts for some time now and generally will do the MWD+Cloak trick if anything is in grid with me that even might be a threat. I hate going through Uedama and Niraja at the best of times I will generally go during quiet periods or scout it first where I can.

The deadspace fit lists above was way too expensiv for me so I went with a fit that is better than what I currently had but not as good as that deadspace fit, just under 70k EHP or just under 107 overheated, although Ill prob go for the 400mm plate which changes that to 75.2 / 117.6

[Occator, Occator]
Damage Control II
Dark Blood Armor Thermal Hardener
Dark Blood Armor EM Hardener
Imperial Navy 200mm Steel Plates
Dark Blood Armor Explosive Hardener
Dark Blood Armor Kinetic Hardener

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Medium Micro Jump Drive

Improved Cloaking Device II

Medium Transverse Bulkhead II
Medium Transverse Bulkhead II

I removed an off topic and inappropriate back and forth between two posters.

5 Likes

And war targets… things are not as safe in hisec as you seem to assume.

1 Like

I hope you can afford them at some point anyways because they are worth it and x-type hardeners used to be much more expensive than they are now.

actually its the opposite : if you are decloaked, you need to wait for your mwd to shut down, that is 10s, before you can warp. eg if you have something close to you, you take more time to align, and you are an easier target.

It’s “only” 5% chance to get killed after all. Because if you are scanned (and actually you will get scanned on the gate with much traffic, the kind of gate where you can be spawned close to a freighter on AP) then next gate you are dead - if you rely on your cloak to escape gankers. While if you are tank fitted, you can safely haul 1B in a DST and only press warp, warp, dock.

For any more than 1B I rather move my expensive items in a BR. This can tank at least 3 nades in case I cant warp and the 3s align+ cloaked warp makes it much safer than the DST MWD cloak. And people who want to bump a BR … lol.

For high volume I have an obelisk. 3 bulkhead and ehp implants.

… your math is faulty due to faulty logic.

My failure rate on mwd + cloak trick is less than 1% in hs – including gates full of “trash”.

What you missed is that if you see “trash” at 2km+ from you and it is moving away from you can perform the trick. Otherwise wait till it moves away… you do realize that you can hold gate cloak, right?

1 Like

Inb4 she attacks you like she did to me above

Because mwd+cloak doesn’t work /s

you do realize you can’t if it lasts too long right ? like a freighter slowboating or concord BS doing nothing, or a wreck/drone that sits here ?

Almost every time it happened to me, it was on the jita gate in perimeter. Since my DST gets often targeted, and I assume scanned, on this gate I can’t say this is a “safe” gate to lose cloak.
plus, of course, if someone wants to decloak you (and has an inty ready) he can. nothing you can do against that

You can always mwd-mjd-warp…

can’t help much in case of freighter slowboating but it is bs example – you will be 15km from gate, and autopilot will be at 4km… CONCORD bs doing nothing happens mostly just at the gate [due to collision with gate], very rarely 16km off the gate. As for wreck/drone - tough luck. Interesting that I have had only one case in which I couldn’t mwd + cloak… in Miroitem at Otou gate (decloak can). Your argument is always about worst case scenario in which you can’t cloak… how about another scenario - 20 tornadoes warping in on top of you to blow you up the instant they land? if you mwd + cloaked they wouldn’t be able to do that.

As for interceptor - not really. Dramiel/daredevil on another hand can do it easily. But w/o strong point from someone else he can’t do much outside of decloaking.

Also, maybe you don’t realize it but mwd alone can cut align time to 10s (cause when cycle is over you will meet required velocity for warp)

It happened to me several times already. So I call BS your explanations why it can’t happen.

what do you mean by not really ?

now you tell me you never heard of bump ?

Thanks for the suggestions/fits all, though I prefer the Impel.

1 Like

most DSTs need more than 10s to align so using a mwd would improve align speed most of the time. Also chances are if I get decloaked I’m at least several seconds into my align.

and yea if it’s small enough. I do most runs in a BR, but it’s nice to have the DST to move up to a few bil of bulky stuff around.

You mean afterburner, which reduces the align time to 7.5 seconds for all deep space transports.