High sec scavenging is it worth?

1: fit a magnate with 3 salvagers, an afterburner, a microwarpdrive, 4 warp core stabilizers, and 3 salvage tackle rigs. You will be hard as hell to catch and your ship is worth like 1 mil.
2: go to faction warfare zone in lowsec and loot ships and salvage elite and advanced wrecks.
3: ???
4: Massive profit

Do note, if you loot someone else’s wreck you will get a suspect timer. If you want to be extra careful, just dockup until the timer is gone before returning to highsec.

2 Likes

Sounds like fun. I’m needing some salvage materials anyways for rig manufacturing.

1 Like

One thing I noticed is you can passivly manufacture things for extra isk. Use what you SALVAGE for materials so you dont spend a lot of isk on buying things to build with. You can usually pick up decent blue print copies for cheap.

Personally I like to scavenge as people are making the wrecks. First you scan them down. Then go to their site and begin looting the wrecks (be sure to bookmark them). This will probably wind up with you going suspect but fear not you are innocent until proven guilty.

In some instances people will just shoot at you for this valuable service you are providing… So it is usually a good idea to do this in some sort of frigate with an afterburner and an active tank. If you do get shot at be sure to defend yourself and kill them for their troubles. It was self defense after all. Congratulations you can now loot all the wrecks (including that dick who shot at you) and salvage them to your hearts content.

4 Likes

A frigate taking out a battleship with light tech 2 drones and webs is no fun in any arena better bring some mates with ya.

Please… https://zkillboard.com/related/30001409/201804151200/

Hostile ferox not seen as it didn’t die and neither did I. That’s no boosts and a clean clone too. I have a write up somewhere in here Doomheim Claims Another great Capsuleer

Sigh.

I started my EVE life scavenging as a neutral in NullSec. It was fun. It paid the bills, and it got me friends. Get a cheap ship with two salvagers and go have fun roaming a particular NullSec area.

1 Like

Related viewing.

5 Likes

How have I not seen this before

1 Like

My teeth were itchy.

these next two were the same fight

this was honestly doing the poor navy domi a kindness

this was not kind

4 Likes

Turns out there are more noobs than you can expect in hi-sec.

2 Likes

Hay! ill have you know i waggle my arse in a rather seductive manner

2 Likes

That video cracked me up!

You do have that sweet sweet Devil Thong…

2 Likes

Scavenging is looting and salvaging wrecks that someone else killed. If you killed the ships that isn’t scavenging.

God dammit Ralph. You bagged a Rattler in an Ishkur?
Firstly, respect. That’s like the white tiger of high sec mission flipping.
Aside from marauders, one cannot go higher.
Secondly. Limitless jealousy. The only time I managed to score a winning fight with one ‘The Socket Was Closed’ and I popped back in at half structure.

1 Like

If they shoot you and then you kill them in self defense, is not what they drop afterwards salvage and/or loot?

1 Like

Salvage in Eve is a term applied to a specific type of loot acquired from wrecks using salvaging equipment. No other thing is referred to as salvage.

Salvaging can be done to any wreck with no legal penalties for doing it. upon completion the wreck disappears but any items it contained remain behind in a cargo container.

Yes salvaging is a slightly misleading and not entirely appropriate term for doing that and in the literal sense the word salvaging does include a wider range of activities than that but not in Eve.

I do need to get me one of those. For… reasons.