High sec should be.. more safe

Haha, do you have any idea how much stuff I’ve acquired, that I now need to move and consolidate? Over half a decade of trading…it’s staggering.

James 315 is a highly respected player and I am not about to send him a ton of random contracts spread all over New Eden. I have another week or so left on my subscription, then it’s time for a long-term break.

If I’m wrong and Eve still exists after that, maybe I’ll be back. Who knows.

Edit: lol, marked as spam huh? This isn’t an advertisement, it’s a response to a question. Grow up.

That would be awesome.

CCP also needs to add giant foam cowboy hats. That will bring players back and save the game.

Is there?

I was merely pointing out that the coverage of Tornado gankers was such that they can hit a wide range of targets and it is rather difficult to avoid them, while some people were focussed on victim blaming which was incorrect.

Sometimes there is danger that you just cannot avoid.

Education.

A decade for me on this character…

Better find that cliff to drive the bison over quickly then.

Eve will still exist, there is too much doom and gloom around. Just as ganking will always be part of hisec. People vent and worry too much.

Fair.

I picked it up differently due to perceived tone.

But is there an upshot of this observation?

Not meaning to be a bother, but I just get very curious when I see a thread and I feel compelled to pull it.

I find it odd that people are just unable to see and praise the sheer efficiency of the gankers.

1 Like

Thats an interesting way of putting it. And one Im sure will surprise many regular readers of the forums.

If I had more coffee Id probably not sense a subtext my addled mind is presenting here. If it were, Im sure it would be a conversation for another thread :wink:

Oh he is probably just warming up to justify his next round of nerf requests

2 Likes

I’m with you on that. They understand game mechanics better than most and evidently make huge amounts of isk in the process. What they do, they do very well.

1 Like

Why, I have made it quite clear, numerous times in fact, that I respect the sheer organisational skill and knowledge of the game mechanics that gankers have

1 Like

I totally get that, me too.

I made one simple mistake, and only one I knew I made because I knew what to look out for in the first place due to experience, and thats all it took.

Actually three, no four mistakes.

1. Wrong ship for the job
  2. Overloaded
  3. Wrong route
  4. Not acting on hearing the click of the scanner at the right time

And though it was an expensive loss, the only issue I have with the operation was a total lack of engagement comms wise. Extremely disappointed with the customer service I received. And these were CODE. alliance agents, so I expected at least a Permit request.

1 Like

The other day I had placed about 5bn of capital mods in Amarr to sell, but I decided that Amarr was not dymanic enough and in any case with high Caldari and Caldari navy standings and the increased tax I would be better off selling in Jita. So I decided to move the whole lot in one go.

Why, for the challenge, of course number one was picking the time to do it, that made the risk significantly less. second part was I avoided the normal route for at least the first part of the journey, but once I was in Niarja it was MWD cloak trick with scout straight to Jita. The Scout was also a repping ship. The ship was a DST fit to resist instar locking Alpha strikes.

I had a zero BM for Jita 4-4 and I made it even though there was multiple Tornado gankers around, not a single scout was able to scan my DST. To have got me would have required a very good ganker.

Two days ago I saw a ganker use a ceptor to decloak a MWD cloak trick DST and blow him up, that was very well done indeed. When I see play like that I have to say well done.

It is the same feeling I had when freighter gankers were blowing up JF’s when they jumped into Jita, that was impressive stuff, even if the player who did it is a real nasty piece of work.

People were saying dumb JF pilots, however one of the guys they ganked was someone I know who plays really well and had covered all the bases, they negated it with a point before he could jump out when he was aware of the gank fleet.

So back to my little effort:

1. Right ship for the job
  2. Overloaded
  3. The route could have been adjusted into Jita,
  4. No one was able to scan me

That was fun and I have to say that I felt a sense of achievement for taking a fairly expensive cargo in with no loss even though there was people around who could have blown me up.

6 Likes

Bookmarked for the next time he cries about “ganking is too easy”

And backuped (thx @Runa_Yamaguchi ):

3 Likes

It will get an edit shortly…

EDIT
Yes it’s good practice to quote him as he loves to ninja edit his posts…

2 Likes

They want as much risk as they can handle. That was the point of Dracvlad’s post… It is a fine balance of risk vs reward.

And you cannot just say HTFU or GTFO to the bison, because you are also another kind of bison with your own particular kinds of predators, risk of depleting the prey population and all sorts of risk/reward calculations.

And by you, I don’t mean you, yourself, Ramona.

1 Like

Phew I was worried there for a moment.

2 Likes

Do you want bison to pay for fresh air too?
or meybye permission to live?
or play the game?
permit to undock?
permit to write on the forum?
permi to ■■■■ in toilets?
is it why people stop playing eve?

More :salt: please…

1 Like

People were scared of dying when podding mattered and made you lose SP if you didnt update.

Now they are scared of losing their money.

The fact they are more concerned about their cargo than implants also means a great deal.

High Sec is still pretty high security for your pod.

But these days, that doesnt seem to be important to people.

Following up on my own post here. If we assume the problem is that people want as much risk as they can handle, and the OP is a result of this want, the solution may be as simple as designing the game to be a lot more educational about the risk vs reward offered in high security space. If we take hauling as an example activity, knowledge of anti-gank fittings, hauling value limits, various “tricks” (cloak-mwd-warp) would reduce risk to the player, enabling them to be able and willing handle more of it compared to when they did not have this knowledge.

A better, more immersive, much longer, and more educational new player experience would serve this purpose. Relying on Help channels or expecting players to join corps to get educated about this material does not seem to be sufficient, in my opinion.

2 Likes

We are not killing the game - we ARE the game.

You want to play a carebear farmville simulator in which you mine isk. However, unfortunately, that’s not fun for anyone - not even you are having fun.

You carebears are so whiny and lazy, and CCP has catered to this by allowing you to be successful while AFK. There are so many protections in place already, that most of you are too bored to even log in.

What will save this game is to buff ganking. Get rid of CONCORD. Get rid of gate guns. Get rid of local chat. Get of NPC stations. Get rid of station defense timers. Allow players to destroy stargates, or own them. Add minefields, torpedoes and bombs which can kill titans, and introduce resource scarcities which drive continual regional conflicts.

If EVE shifts away from a mining simulator in which everyone wins (and thus everyone loses), it can become an actual wargame that people want to play. The carebears all need to die, and the sooner they uninstall, the sooner the rest of us can start playing a better EVE.

4 Likes