High sec should be.. more safe

Please don’t state the obvious, it hurts them.
They are in a very difficult relation with truth, claiming they know it but showing they don’t.

We are not killing the game - we ARE the game.

What will save this game is to buff ganking. Get rid of CONCORD. Get rid of gate guns. Get rid of local chat. Get of NPC stations. Get rid of station defense timers.

2 Likes

Well said. The truth hit so hard they couldn’t handle it and flagged the post

2 Likes

Killing bisons en masse caused them to become an endangered species. When I gank highsec miners, I don’t want them to uninstall and quit EVE, I want them to come back so I can gank them again. That way, they can continue having their fun and I’m continuing having mine.

1 Like

Yep…pretty much this…

1 Like

Why is the concept of the bison being shot by people who farm cattle when not shooting bison so difficult to accept is what I keep asking myself.

You should always quote my entire post so then when a carebear is triggered and tries to hide it from everyone, you can act as an archivist who records what was said.

4 Likes

Also where I live all the “free” bisons are dead and the offspring was transformed into cattle from which we all profit. Progress.

It’s like the killing of illegal miners and at the same time transforming them into a productive permit holding citizen under the Code. Civilization requires some sacrifices.

P.S. I like when miners start with stupid metaphors, the are a source of never ending fun

1 Like

I think most of the gamespace (i.e. nullsec, wh) has most of this stuff already. You want the entire game to be like this, though. It does sound like a game I would be willing to try for a bit. But the thing is, most normal people do not enjoy living in a constant state of war. I believe making the game you imagine will lead to CCP making even less money than it is now. That is because I do not see any other such (sandbox) mmo on the market. Aside from pvp arena style games, are there any successful mmos that adopted such a philosophy and were able to survive for a long time? I used to play Darkfall, which comes close to what you suggest, but even it had safe zones inside cities.

1 Like

Safe zones are breeding grounds for carebears. They must be eliminated entirely.

1 Like

This is a sandbox, though, isn’t it? I believe the game belongs to all of us, beautiful. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well yes, normal people are also not living in a computer game. They play it because it let’s them experience something that would probably never want in their real live. This is what makes games interesting, the “not like regular boring live” part. This is why some people, not all, enjoy constant war in a game. It may be the only reason they play it.

3 Likes

Semantics? It is about how constant state of war makes people feel. RL or computer game does not matter in that regard. Your body reacts with increased excitement and adrenaline, others’ not as such.

It does absolutely matter if it is in a computer game or on RL. And if this wasn’t just some stupid attempt at winning an argument on an internet forum and you actually have the issue that war in a video game makes you feel the same way it would in RL, then please take my advice and get yourself as far away from computer games as possible! They are not healthy if you can’t make that distinction.

1 Like

I think you are wilfully ignoring the point I made. That is okay.

Constant state of war in a game is different from what it is in real life. You do not need to argue that specific point.

Dude, serious question.

Why would I want the game to live if I can’t do what I want in it?

Smashing carebear face is what I find fun and want to do.

Why should I give a crap about the long-term blah blah blah of the game if I can’t even play it how I like to play it?

3 Likes

I think I have a business idea. Serial production of hardcore, full loot pvp mmos. They won’t last, but you come out with a new game every 5 to 10 years and advertise the crap out of it to all of your active and inactive player base. A few different alternatives, as well, like space mmo, high fantasy, low fantasy, world war 2, etc.

16 years is a pretty good run, right?

2 Likes

I don’t know dude, but EVE with it’s PvP centric game play has now endured 16 years while literally hundreds of pure PvE MMOs have cropped up and died within those 16 years.

2 Likes

I was thinking along the lines of what Aiko suggested up there ^

So a tiny bit more hardcore than EVE.

A little more detail:
The devs are basically gankers/scammers. They design the games in such a way that the games entice the “carebear” type of players, but that is a ruse. The actual player base is the gankers, and they feed on the fresh prey until the well dries up. Then everyone moves on to the new game, including the devs. Maybe change the name of the company in the interim.