High sec should be.. more safe

Except you can dock up sit around and undock just before you strike again.

As I said Hi-secs rewards are not comparable to the risk vs reward in null, so either Hi-sec needs its rewards massively increased or its risks reduced.

Reduction is the easiest by making criminals unable to enter hi-sec.

1 Like

That’s bollocks for a start, ganking already reduces sec status by far more than 0.001; you appear to be confusing standings with security status.

The smallest sec status hit is for attacking a ship, the formula is as follows:
Modification% = 2.5% * System security * (1 + (Target’s security - Aggressor’s security) / 100)

Aggressor’s new security status = (1 - Modification% / 100) * (Aggressor’s security + 10) - 10

The other hit is for attacking a capsule, the formula is as follows:

Modification% = 25% * System security * (1 + (Target’s security - Aggressor’s security) / 100)

Aggressor’s new security status = (1 - Modification% / 100) * (Aggressor’s security + 10) - 10

You shouldn’t see the same guy floating outside the station for months. If he’s been shooting people for more than a week, that’s too long. They should be lit up bright red, and fair game to everyone by that point. Clearly they’re a space terrorist.

This is already the case, the majority of gankers have a sec status that opens them up to being shot by anybody without repercussion and being constantly chased by faction police.

3 Likes

What if we just never leave highsec?

2 Likes

You are auto ejected from any station you are docked in and unable to dock in hi-sec.

Good luck.

1 Like

Subsequently I think criminals should be unable to enter hi-sec

Agreed. Especially those Guristas, Blood Raiders, Sansha, Serpentis and Angel Cartel criminals. It is silly that Caldari state lets thousands of Gurista ships enter highsec everyday, and yet they don’t do anything except wait for some capsuleer to come by and destroy them. Why doesn’t Concord destroy those NPC ships for attacking me in the same way they destroy ships flown by other players? If you want to fight Criminal NPCs, you should head to their space.

5 Likes

What if I enter trough a wormhole? I already stage from w-space. Another fix needed?

1 Like

They already don’t dock in stations.

1 Like

No you still could not dock.

1 Like

Why do I need to dock? I have a whole Cat production line in Thera. I can enter highsec, dunk your face and you can even pod me back to Thera.

Oh and you are totally free to come and camp the station, I will be totally able to undock with criminal timer. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you want to find a wormhole and enter Hi-sec to gank people I think that is fun and innovative as well as risky.

Or did you miss the fact that I said criminals should be unable to enter Hi-Sec (via gates)

1 Like

Expanded fitted bestower?

You can’t autopilot a 250k hp armor tanked battleship through hi-sec without being ganked. They target everything. I’ve seen goons gank a cheap 200m domi with 20 catalysts too as it passed through their usual 0.5 target gank zones.

CCP really should act on this out of control ganking because I am sure it costs them players. One option would be to give a much faster concord response time in these heavily ganked pipe systems.

Domi gank: https://zkillboard.com/kill/78456304/

Armor fit leshak gank: https://zkillboard.com/kill/78315004/

Armor fit vindi gank: https://zkillboard.com/kill/77901958/

None were expensive fits.

Plainly fit battleships are not meant to get ganked while traveling through hi-sec. I understand that if one were expensively officer fit that he may be targetted with great force for the value of the ship makes it worthwhile. But these are average fits. The fact that it is happening shows there is a problem.

2 Likes

Player numbers be damned.

CCP have shown that only 12% of the game matter.

But risk vs reward needs fixing, it can’t be fixed in null so it has to be fixed in every other type of space.

2 Likes

I have done that for over a year already. I don’t see how that is more risky than staging from Highsec though.

Here is something to think about. When staging from wspace:

• I don’t have to sit around until the criminal timer is gone. I can undock at anytime prepare for the next gank without CONCORD killing my ships or FACPO hunting me down.
  • It does not matter if I’m in wspace or highsec everyone can just shoot me, but in highsec I will die if I shoot first, not so in wspace.
  • 1400 DPS applied to the face at 0 work in wspace the same way they work in highsec. You can ask those wormhole camper, they where quite surprised.
  • ag has never be seen camping the station, wonder why
  • If I lose a ship in wspace it was one I would have lost if I made it to highsec. It’s basically the same thing as if someone intercepts me at a gate but in highsec they have even FACPO to help them kill me if they can’t do it themselves.

Now explain to me how this is more risky.

But people cant shoot you when your docked and most gankers stay docked until just before a gank.

1 Like

The solution is simple, don’t use autopilot.

1 Like

But the rewards in Hi-sec are not high enough so there needs to be less risk.

2 Likes

Take a note: difficulty of not autopiloting talks nothing about difficulty of ganking. Using arguments like these you put yourself to really bad position.

2 Likes

Yes, I can stay docked in wspace as well. How does that increase my risk? And what do I risk when not staying docked in highsec if I have an empty pod?

add this

• remove clone tags.
  • scanning someone makes you suspect.

BTW I am ganking in alpha alts and yes I think this should not happen.

Well you answered your own argument yourself : even if it’s been nerfed it’s still so easy it happens a lot.

Tell that to the devs that implemented a shitty AP.

It’s not too hard, it’s that you learn how bad the mechanics are only after you are the victim.
Can’t wait for shared bookmarks so every beginner can have insta bms.
Still they won’t use it because it makes no sense at all to have such a mechanism in a game.

Undocking bookmark are not magical. You can still be ejected with a too high angle and need 3-5 s to align back.
Plus they are not difficult : they are just not covered and are a counter to the bad mechanism in the game.
When everybody needs insta to play correctly, it’s a sign the game is bad. Because after that most people use it and the game becomes balanced over people using them, so they become completely useless unless people make mistake like disconnecting, lagging, or getting ejected with a too wide angle. Yeah such a nice mechanism …

Just because you don’t see him win, does not mean he did not reach some of his goals.
Incursions are just a way to take slaves, resources, and then GTFO.

2 Likes

Rewards for many highsec activities are more than adequate - you can run incursions, abyssal sites, station trade, scam, gank untanked haulers on tradehub undocks and scoop the loot with an alt, extort money via wardec threats if you’re in an alliance like PIRAT, all with very little risk present. The reason why so many people stay in highsec is because it offers too much of the game’s content while giving players a great deal of security.

1 Like