New high-sec wardecs now cost 500,000,000 - up from the previous 100,000,000. This should prove interesting (maybe we’ll see more high-sec structures and wars).
Seems a good plan, not quite the 1B forumites were requesting, but certainly a move in the right direction.
Is it now more than the loot from an HQ?
FC said the core is ~600m, so maybe that factored into their calculations.
A medium structure for every holding corp, and a holding corp for every medium structure. ![]()
They’re still not actually fixing the problem because they keep listening to CSM null lobbyists. For Null this cost increase means nothing.
And it’s so easy: limit the amount of wardecs a corp and alliance can have, that means they can’t just drop random wars which lowers the issue, and that means the big wardec groups fall apart due to a lack of content.
Another blow to Absolute Flag…
The L is optional.
maybe it should be…
1st wd 500misk
2nd wd 1bsk
3rd wd 2bisk
4th wd 4bisk
and so forth… this to be done weekly where it doubles again
You will still get the 500M back if you kill a fitted M-structure because the core drops a 100% and at least some part of the fit and fuel will drop. However, for a cheap Athanor or Raitaru used by a poor small group the “profits” being made from that are going to be very very small.
Astrahus and above will still drop always enough to offset the war costs completely by a good margin.
Their main goal wasn’t to make wars totally unattractive, but more costly if you spam them, like having dozens of wars at any point just to “farm smaller groups”. So yeah, a step into the right direction, but I doubt lt it is really enough. But, better than nothing, at least they seem to have realized that there is a problem.
I personally also think the costs should “scale”, depending on how man chars are totally involved (attacker + defender). Probably with a scaling factor based on certain size limits.
I wonder if next will be something to stop wardec corp hopping.
m
ccp/fc has always said… they have zero control over when someone joins and leaves a corp..
be greatful they cant join another corp if they left a war decced corp for a week i think it is.
Sure they can block both leaving and joining a corp with a character depending on what war-status the corp has. And for sure they can add delays on re-joining player corps after leaving corps being involved in wars.
The question is: do they want to?
The other threaf about wars is just full of nulsec guys and people that have never actually done any wars… Is there anyone here that actually has experience with wars and is a mercenary?
Would anyone with experience like to share actual information? Or would anyone actually like to hear from the perspective of a person that has done wars for 15 years?
I’m starting to get the feeling that there’s only three people left in this game who would be capable of even speaking… It’s pretty sad.
So everyone knows that there is only one war Corp right? And that is BlackFlag. The greatest War Corp to ever exist.
Let’s start by getting our fax straight.
I get the impression that others think there is any other option?
I’m starting to get the feeling that wars are just a play style that was pushed out of game a long time ago and doesn’t even exist anymore. It seems the only people that are capable of talking are the members of Black flag which they will not speak and then there is myself… And that’s all that’s left of everyone that has not quit.
The other merc ceos gave quit or joined BF. There is only BF, the CEO of PIRAT is doing other things… Tora from marm joined BF. Public Enemy is gone… Short bus is gone… Etc. who are you guys? Does anyone even know anything about wars? For real.
I’d like to be speaking only to people who have ever declared war on anyone else or been inside of a corp that has ever even declared war just once in high sec…
You can’t rejoin the same org for a week. You can leave and immediately join a different one, however.
My fax is completely gay.
I’d like to be speaking only to people who have ever declared war on anyone else or been inside of a corp that has ever even declared war just once in high sec… anyone?
So am I correct with the fax here? Am I the only person that actually has experience with declaring war on someone?
Nvm… I lost my interest in this conversation lol.
This is a good idea.
Wars have two main functions as they allow a group to legally fight competitors in HS and also allow structures to be vulnerable.
The main problem I see with war decs is how they instead are used to enable cheap kills in trade hubs by spamming as many war decs to different groups as possible to cast a wide net for targets.
I think war decs should be accessible, but not spammable.
Increased costs seem to be aimed at making war decs less spammable, but only if the cost is prohibitively high, which also makes the wars less accessible to a bunch of new players in T1 cruisers who wish to fight another small group.
The idea to limit the number of offensive war decs of a group instead also prevents spam, but keeps war decs accessible and cheap.
I think it’s a better idea than raising the cost.
Me!
I may have been part of a null sec for most of my EVE life, but because this is a large group I’ve been war decced for the majority of my EVE time. I have fought war HQs, I have lost ships to war deccers, I have made alts in war-immune corps with holding corps to avoid the war decs and I also have been part of an offensive war deccing campaign, like you asked, to get rid of many HS structures.
This shows that despite my main null sec gameplay style I still have some experience with the rules of HS wars, on both sides, even if it hasn’t been from the perspective of HS war deccers looking for easy ship kills.
What is it you wish to talk about?
Personally I think war decs should be more easily accessible, yet less spammable than they are now. I think more characters should be war-eligible than now and think the concept of war-immunity should still exist but be discouraged. Or to give it a positive spin: being war-eligible should have more advantages than just the ability to have a structure.
What I think could accomplish this are:
- automatic war-eligibility for any corp or alliance with more than a certain amount of players
- NPC taxes added to any war-immune corp
- ability for a corp to voluntarily become war eligible to drop NPC taxes without having to qualify otherwise (through structure or high character numbers)
- a limit to the number of offensive wars a group can be involved in
- cheap costs to start a war
This is not a selfish request, I nowadays never am involved in offensive wars to profit from this, and my own HS alts would lose war-immunity.
Still I think that more accessible targeted legal PvP in HS is an improvement to the game and worth personal downsides.
I think these changes would make more players become war-eligible and would make wars more accessible, but with less unaimed spam of war deccing just about anyone.
What do you think about that?