High Security Space Toxicity concerning MTU's

there were other reasons why CCP made the bumping change, not just cause of that..

I do not believe that to be true whatsoever, one such point is that any kind of griefing or ganking of brand new players in the starter systems and SoE areas can and will result in a ban, there are many other rules against scamming and griefing that I think you are overlooking. Eve Online is not fair game for any kind of malicious behavior.

A scam is what happens when someone takes advantage of a players misplaced trust, temporary confusion or ignorance of game rules, and robs players via legal in-game means. When this occurs, there is nothing the Support Team can do for the victim. Although low and despicable, scams do not violate any game mechanics and can not be compensated for by the GMs, nor can the scammers generally be punished for their actions.

From https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/203218892-Scams

“Scams do not violate any game mechanics.”

There are a few types of scams that are still banned, listed in that link, but most regular scams are legitimate gameplay within this game and not banned whatsoever.

1 Like

outside of the starter systems, there isn’t many rules… and you can engage with new players in starter/soe systems..

right but that isnt what you stated

Which tells me that over the years CCP has used their agency to make decisions on when to intervene and when not too. It is entirely plausible and likely that nothing will be done about the issue that I have brought up, but I still have the right to make that proposal and if it gains enough support it can go through the proper channels to be reviewed by CCP. But to try and discredit me by intentionally miscontruing what my proposal is, is very disconcerting.

I see a fantastic bit of regular EVE gameplay in your zkillboard by the way:

Shown, a Hecate destroys 4 MTUs and they then get caught by you in a Tengu.

Good revenge!

This is what EVE is about, emergent gameplay surrounding MTU hunting and revenge.

Well done.

Why would you want to remove this kind of gameplay when you so successfully dealt with that MTU hunter that their loss is equivalent of over 20 killed MTUs?

Isn’t this kind of gameplay what makes EVE great? Why get rid of it?

I understand that you want to make this personal and attack me directly, but this isn’t the place for it. If you agree with the proposal you show your support of it. If you disagree with the proposal you state your disagreement and move on. Trying to personally humiliate or degrade me because you disagree with my proposal or wish you could remove my right to post a proposal isn’t necessary.

I’m not trying to attack you.

I’m honestly saying you did well killing that MTU hunter.

I’m also asking why you would want to get rid of this part of competitive gameplay, as you apparently don’t do badly in this part of the game yourself.

Because I can tell you that the person who I managed to catch has been harassing me and chasing me ever since. I no longer can enjoy my favorite part of the game which was mission running because I am now constantly looking over my shoulder in expectance of one of their alts either suicide ganking me or going after any more of my MTU’s. This kind of hypervigilance and anxiety is to be expected when trying to do content in Low security, Null, or Wormhole space but now it is no different in High Security space. Once a person decides they want to dedicate their life to ensuring you never get to enjoy the game again they absolutely can, and that is why I am suggesting regulating the amount of harassment and griefing that takes place through small changes that allow for newer players to continue to enjoy the game.

But again you are intentionally trying to make this post all about me when it isn’t. This post applies to anyone who would want to use an MTU in high security space for any reason.

Ah, so this isn’t really about MTUs, it’s about a feud you have with another player as result of killing them.

Maybe you can try playing in another part of space? Or play on an alt to lay low for a bit, they’ll get bored.

Those others who want to use a MTU can also apply your strategy, camp their own MTU in a cloaky ship and kill whoever goes to kill it if someone is repeatedly killing their MTUs.

There you go again with the intentional misconception. I didn’t make the post about them, I made the post because that was a core issue I observed in my experience playing the game. If you disagree with the proposal you have every right to voice your opinion and move on, but hounding me and trying to attack me doesn’t discredit the post nor does it provide a compelling argument

You could relocate, mission run in a surprise-PvP fit and kill them if they aggress your MTU, or switch to a style of mission running that doesn’t bother with MTUs anyway (e.g. burner blitzing), there are definitely counterplay options that don’t require a rule change.

It is not my intention to ‘hound you’ or to ‘attack you’, I was merely trying to help you with existing alternatives, and to find out what exactly the problem is you have with MTU killing.

But I’ll stop ‘hounding’ you.

Just one last thing:

Right now someone can take vengeance on a MTU killer like you did. You caught and destroyed a Hecate worth 268 million ISK!

This makes MTUs a source of interaction, a source of (fun) player-versus-player content.

If destroying MTUs were to become a criminal act in high sec space this means people would have to sacrifice their ship to destroy it. There wouldn’t be a way to ‘get back’ at the killer, the killer would already be automatically destroyed by CONCORD.

If people would still attack MTUs at all, this means that while MTUs are still being ‘harassed’ and ‘griefed’, the person losing MTUs now no longer has any means to get back at the MTU hunter anymore.

Instead of using a 268 million ISK Hecate to kill a MTU that you can catch and destroy, people would sacrifice a few cheap Catalysts at it and you’d have no way to deal with it at all. CONCORD would kill them for you.

Personally I think the current situation is more fun for everyone involved. It creates content.

Your suggestion removes content from the game.

I do not disagree with you, and I appreciate your engagement and feedback. I’ve already agreed earlier that this particular form of griefing has many options for counterplay, as did other forms of griefing in the past. But I believe as CCP has done in the past concessions can be made to further improve the gameplay experience for non-harassment or griefing oriented players. It’s just my proposal, it doesn’t have to be agreed with or accepted.

It’s not “griefing” as “griefing” is defined in Eve. You don’t like it, I get it, but “griefing” is specifically disallowed and this does not meet that threshold.

1 Like

And you are entitled to your opinion. I am not disparaging you in any way or saying that you are overtly incorrect. I simply think my proposal would benefit the playerbase more than it would hurt the playerbase and be a net positive to the game.

can you provide that definition then. And would you say that since Eve Online’s conception that definition hasn’t ever been added to or more broadly defined?