Highsec Ganking Dead - Are you happy now?

As an Elite PVPer I can confirm that ganking is dead.

Someone close this topic.

Oh. So you’re new to MMOs too.

Got it :smiley:

Google UO, Google SWG, especially.

You seem to think CCP is infallible when past history has proven no human is.

It’s obvious what model they are turning to, however EVE itself lacks some of the content and engagement that would make that model successful.

Could they add it? Of course. But will they?

They have already added daily login rewards, instanced dungeons, arenas, and whatever the equivalent of Faction Warfare is in these other games. What are we missing in Eve? Loot boxes and gold ammo?

2 Likes

Unfortunately NEPF were just a sample demographic in a case study, didn’t mean to imply that you asked for these changes.

However I’m well aware some of the AG community are more than content with recent changes.

Being honest, I had a lot of fun in Uedama during its most active period(s) and sad that has died off.

1 Like

Basically they wanna gear toward the BP model. But the PvE content isn’t enough to sustain it. If they did add WiS or at least captain’s quarters, with rares to grind/farm for, then it’d keep some of the crybears happy.

However we don’t. So we are taking away player driven content but not replacing it with anything. Boredom will quickly set in. It’s obv they are trying to make low FW the only type of PvP really, although I feel low sec gate camps will make a come back once people figure this out, but it’ll just be peeps popping the frigs/dessies with instalock nados and such.

Then they will want peeps to go to null for “elite PvP” but they’ve been gutting null’s ability to mass krab, so peeps don’t wanna really fight.

We need more reasons to be out in space, not less.

Including being content for others :smiley:

2 Likes

To tell you the truth it was easy game play, things we are looking into now will be more challenging, but still on the same side.

Kill rights are still fun and disrupting bots is a Noble venture.

My long term plan for this character was to fight and build a force that would push gankers and criminals back to low sec then if low and null disrespected the laws in high we would hinder any movement in high sec, as I started to understand the game better and taking advice from people in these forums I realised that’s not going to be possible.

So I adapted but most of Githany’s aims are still there and they come out in the things we do, like which null blocks we on occasions fight, who we help, wanting a better war dec sys and poco and the TTT etc

So yes the easy part of crime fighting has gone because of game changes, unfortunately not due to our actions although we became very effect at stopping ganks despite what gankers say, killing their loot freighters and stopping some very large ganks with very small force. I did think the Edencom ships were going to be a good tool but we never achieved the training requirements before change set in.

That play style should have been promoted so if player wanted gankers stopped they could make the effect to stop it but no we lost our gankers though game changes and prices

2 Likes

Infallibility = no human

Maybe to you it is. To me it’s not since I’m

:smiley:

Like what content and what engagement?
Are all your thoughts short of conclusions or is it my inexperience at foruming?

Let’s first agree on what it is first before that’s answered.

Eve’s PvE gameplay is punitive, not fun, and very robotic. If you want to eliminate PvP the the PvE would need to be a lot better. Or maybe not. Maybe people will grind the Eve PvE just to get more isk. What do I know?

1 Like

Just because something is profitable, doesn’t mean that it’s also engaging. The two aren’t mutually inclusive.

Also, the amount of forum control we have now is totally disproportionate to the amount of activity in general. CCP is obviously making some very bad choices that aren’t paying off in terms of player satisfaction (which is similar to engagement). They’ve ordered the ISDs to shut down any discussion that’s remotely critical of EVE. These are signs that they’re concentrating only on profitability, and don’t give two shits about what any of the players (carebears or griefers, doesn’t matter) actually think.

7 Likes

This is showing your lack of MMO experience yet again.

There has to be goals to work towards, savvy? These goals can be given by the game or decided by the player. EVE is slowly stripping away the player made goals whilst not really having any in-game ones either.

Whether it be items or some kind of tangible thing. EVE PvM doesn’t really have that.

Of course its obvious brosef, if you’ve played MMOs for the past 10-15 years :smiley:

The problem is they killing the goose for the gander.

What’s funny is I’d say we some of the most engaged people on these forums and get regularly shut down :smiley:

Nullsec - habitat of the f1 monkey. The f1 monkey, a nervous creature, prone to docking at the first sign of trouble. Various attempts having been used to coax the f1 monkey out of the safety of it’s station such as bananas, but to no avail.

3 Likes

Really? Because I’ve heard from many other people on the forum that null-sec is where the elite PvPers live, and is where griefers should go to if they want to have real fights instead of clubbing baby seals like no-skill cowards

1 Like

Hey.

Do you know how hard it is to be part of a 117 person fleet and to press F1 to blap a lone thorax?

It takes precision. Skill. Unprecedented reflexes.

Great men are forged in fire after all, it is the privilege of lesser men like us to light the flame.

It just sounds like you’re making excuses because you don’t have the balls to engage in real fleet PvP warfare in a place where all the elite PvP warriors fight each other, instead of picking on day-old rookies in high-sec.

Indeed, 207 people to take out one ishtar is penultimate expression of elite EVE PvP.

We could only be so lucky.

Elite PvP is when your entire alliance docks up when a filament fleet lands in your territory.

Real men don’t F1.

yep, brilliant change.
Ganking is for real pirates
 not whiney little chumps who want to do as little as possible or gank defenceless ships that arent even carrying anything worth scooping.

1 Like

The irony :smiley:

Irony? where?

1 Like