Highsec Lobby Channel

Sorry, but if you can’t tell the difference between “prevent ill-planned nerfs” and “increase rewards without any risks”, then there’s really not a lot to say here. You’ve been inventing arguments out of concepts that aren’t being said for so long that you can’t even see you’re doing it any more.

I don’t support any recommendations by this channel, other than to say that the stated goals, while too vague to be useful, aren’t inherently bad.

You’ve spent too long trying to find easy ‘wins’ by arguing against things that aren’t being said. Jousting against straw-men is a game for children.

2 Likes

So let me get this straight.

The relevant thread is linked in the MOTD.

The relevant thread explains what he means by “ill planned nerfs”.

The relevant thread is linked in the MOTD.

I am completely correct in stating that the person who made the thread wants an increase in rewards without any risks.

Because its written in the thread.

You didnt read the thread.

You think I am inventing arguments out of concepts that arent being said.

The argument is being made in the thread.

That was linked.

In the MOTD.

The first thing I asked you, was

Because it was linked.

In the MOTD.

You just assumed that the thread, that was linked, in the MOTD, was somehow not part of the MOTD, and didnt read it because it was too long.

Despite it being linked in the MOTD.

I mention, specifically,

Which shouldve been a clue to read the thread.

You agree that the goals, are

Which means, there was a section that could have meant what I said, that you admit was vague, so you decided to assume it wasnt talking about what I said.

You didnt ask me to prove that the MOTD, contained what I said, which it did.

Instead, you concluded it was vague, couldnt put two and two together, and assumed I was wrong, and had poor reading comprehension skills.

Okay.

You can accuse me of having poor reading comprehension skills. But you clearly have poor reasoning and deduction skills.

1 Like

Btw funfact: one of their member corps is called “Incompetent and Proud” which based on my prior experience with them (and another corp of that alliance “Strategic Exploration and Development Corp”) fits them pretty well.

That alliance seem not to train their members at all even of the utmost basics of the game, I have explained elementary stuff to several of their members over the past year and were generally appreciative for the help, while others I have interacted with by other means :smiling_imp: and the sad fact is many of them fall for the simplest and most obvious of baits and tricks and/or made errors even most rookies avoid.

I can do nothing but feel sorry for those people for not being part of a better corp / alliance that would serve them much better. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

They didn’t even react after I’ve posted yesterdays “Silent Company”-freighter loss worth 4.2 billion ISK with hundreds of blueprints in it. Kushion. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That is your opinion. I get that thrown at me a lot by gankers and ganker aligned players, it seems to be a knee jerk reaction to anyone who suggests changes that they don’t like. There are other versions of it like for example you want to end all ganking, you want 100% safety etc. blah blah blah and all that.

I sort of see why people would want this, there is a part of me that goes would be interesting and shake things up a bit, however I think it would end up being a bad move and would end up reinforcing the game imbalance even more towards nullsec blocs, so keeping hisec as sub cap only is my preferred option.

Still I support better rewards in hisec and improved performance in terms of indy structures too. I also think the timers should be hisec specific to enable more casual play and not be linked to the other areas of the game as in being real hard core get up in the middle of the night to defend your structure.

As a more general point of view I would like the game in hisec to be aimed at more casual players without losing the conflict side of the game and that the balance is aimed at keeping the more casual players interested and focussed without making them easy kill patsies for low effort low skilled self proclaimed elite PvP’rs. Easy to say of course but not so easy to do.

TL;DR of his post:

I want it easier for casual players, with higher rewards. Easier AND better income! I want less ganking, because gankers are evil and I look down upon them from my high horse, but I’d never say that directly, and I’ll just claim it’s too easy while ignoring that there’s not actually much ganking going on anyway despite my claim that it’s so easy! There aren’t more people doing it, not because it’s hard, but because they’d never do such an evil thing!

I am well aware that people know that this isn’t true, but there’s tons of suckers who’ll happily believe it because I make them think I’m a good man and I’m well aware that “making ganking less easy” means a reduction in ganking, but hey, you know what kind of person I actually am and what I stand for.

Luckily for us and the game CCP does not care about what you, or any of us, want, unless it’s actually a really good idea. Luckily for us and the game itself, it looks like they’re going into the opposite direction, because they know what a cancer casual players are. They know that casual players are only useful for money, but for nothing else.

You can actually do plenty! :smiley:

Sol, that was yet another sob story projection of your own fears.

Sorry, linking a thread in an MotD under the heading “What are your ideas?” does not make every post in that thread part of the channel goals, to my mind.

Despite your repetition of “it’s linked in the MotD” (five or six times?), linking a thread for discussion doesn’t make that thread part of the MotD, nor does it make it part of the channel goals.

I won’t argue further than that, since I don’t support the channel nor any points in the thread, only the actually stated goals of the actual channel. You know, the thing you made the entire topic about.

If you want to make points about what’s contained in the thread, you should probably make some links to or quotes from the actual thread. It’s unlikely you’ll do that of course, because then it will become clear that once again, you’re making up things that weren’t said so you can have an easier time arguing against them.

2 Likes

It is a joke, I agree. When I see that sentence:

I take that as a throw away line, to be blunt it all depends what you are doing and how you do it.

But then you get to this overview.

I can lose my ships in hisec, check
I can lose my structures in hisec

Same as nullsec

Is the ultimately reserved for being evicted perhaps? That is why discussing anything with ganker aligned posters is just so amusing, they work in absolutes…

1 Like

You put up a strawman there. There is nothing they state that is about better rewards without risks.

But if someone would want that, they have to know that CCP under PA will go in completely opposite direction, FOR EVERY SECTION in the game. To make PLEX more viable option while covering loses or keeping up with the rest of people who are already rich.

1 Like

What is it with these people, who are against ganking (even when claiming they’re not against it per se), that so many of them are both paranoid and delusional? Does anyone else notice this?

2 Likes

Still projecting, haven’t you got something better to do?

What happened to your other characters Sol, have you got forum bans or something? I got it, if you say it with enough characters some gullible fool might believe it in some fashion.

I am, in fact, The Mittani. And that other char that called you a narcissist, but I forgot the name. How stupid of me, considering it’s my own. And @Solstice_Projekt, too, because apparently he did it as well. Yep, that’s me. I’m also DeMichael Crimson, because it adds a nice twist to this insanity this forum has befallen. He’s my “irony” char who behaves exactly like all those mentally ill people who have no friends, can’t trust anyone at all and can’t actually properly rationalize the hateful nonsense they’re continuously writing.

And let’s not forget one of my most famous alts, KnowledgeMiner. Did you never notice that he’s me as well? It’s been pretty obvious, which makes this even more hilarious. :smiley:

But the best of all is that I’m actually CCP Hellmar. Naarian had it all wrong. It’s not @Merin_Ryskin, it’s me. It’s not a coincidence I’m always around when he calls her CCP Hellmar, you know? How do you think I can keep all this running? Half of the threads on this forum are made by me. Every time a thread about ganking or bumping comes up, it’s actually me. Because that’s what’s best for business. As long as all you simpletons keep talking, you’ll also keep making me money. In fact, the person pretenidng to be The Mittani on fanfest is just an actor we’ve hired, because that’s much better for PR. People would go batshit insane if they found out that it’s me who’s actually controlling the Goons.

5 Likes

Its just how EVE influences people.

“Only the paranoid survive” Old Caldari saying

1 Like

Would you also like to be a part of my illustrous club of alts? It’s really simple to get in!

I think I already may be. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

That was one hell of a deflection, almost a work of art.

OOOOOOOOOOOrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you might just need to take a nice vacation again.

My next holiday is Japan. Looking forward to trying some Kobe beef.