Highsec Lobby Channel

If you visit Harajuku and see someone looking like my avatar, minus the cyborg torso, then that’s because it’s me. =(^_^)=

I am not intending to go to Tokyo.

Where are you going? :slight_smile:

No, it’s not my opinion. We discussed this at length in the other thread linked in the MOTD. The owner of the channel, thinks it is perfectly fine that it will take an upward of 300 player to gank a supercarrier in hisec. 800 players to gank a titan. He finds no problem with it taking hundreds, thousands of players to gank these ships in hisec. He has no problem with rorquals in hisec. The risk that we proposed, of some sort of flag or suspect timer, was rejected by him because he found it too complicated and too restrictive. He wants supers and capitals in hisec on the same footing as nullsec. Same EHP.

And I do too. At a cursory glance, and if I were new to this game, I would want it too. But a better understanding of capitals and the mechanics of the game, make most players rethink this, because they understand the effects of letting even just rorquals into hisec, would do.

1 Like

I’ll bite.

How is there almost no risk in nullsec?

1 Like

Cool. That’s your opinion.

Well, no, you’ve already admitted that this was in your mind, I.e. your opinion. You cant use the word “actual” while also admitting it’s based on your opinion.

Meanwhile, the actual original post clearly states that I wanted to include, and discuss the thread as well.

I’d be happy to. All you had to do was ask.

We have given him ample suggestions on how to balance this by adding risk, such as adding a suspect timer. He refused.

He thinks that getting 300 players to gank supercarriers is not a problem. What he didnt realize is that titans have twice the EHP, and therefore would take 600, 700 players to gank. We aren’t even including implants.

The counter to this, is of course his suggestion that you just need to trick the player into getting himself flagged as suspect. This is, of course, despite his refusal to permanently flag capitals, and his knowledge of the safety button.

And all of this will culminate in what he sees as the eventual rise of hisec mirroring nullsec in terms of wealth.

So yes, he doesnt want any of the risks associated with nullsec or ganking, with all the benefits and wealth that comes with it.

Here. Helps pointing at things. Clicking is required for better quality. I’ll have you know that the channel is still as dead silent as it has been on my first day in there, with the same people being around. 99% of them are from the same group called “Silent Company”, usually there is one awoxer in there as well, me and Androgyn or whatever his name was.

Is it in your actual interest to do something against them?

2 Likes

While I’m at it:

I’ve been stretching my ears out. I’ve heard from people that they’re not actually teaching anyone how to avoid making themselves targets. Members are apparently autopiloting, playing afk and flying ■■■■ they shouldn’t. It’s all on the killboard and stories from others. I’m not convinced the people who run this “community” really care about their members and apparently they’re hoarding new players, which makes this worse.

2 Likes

Good

My reason for not allowing capitals is that it changes the whole balance in hisec, and would push the game even more towards the big blocs and old very rich players, OK this inability to gank with enough players is of course a reason, but I would not get hung up on that apart from using it as an example on how stupidly over powered they would be.

Rorquals in hisec is a step too far too.

The question I had at one point was whether carriers and dreads and even fax’s would add to the game in hisec, and I think it ruins the game too.

It is a moot point because CCP would never do this. I hope…

Well, no. It has to do with effort.

When you compare hisec to nullsec, the effort placed in defending your ship and your assets, differ.

I can be afk in nullsec and concord will still protect me from gankers, not checked.

I only have to withstand 20 seconds of attacks without wardecs or lawful aggression before I know that I am saved, not checked.

I must have my fleet pass through each system in order to reach my target, showing the full number, strength and composition of my fleet to any passerbies, not checked.

Nullsec has been compared to hisec in that there are response fleets and supercap umbrellas that help make systems safer. But all of this is player run, and all of this requires the ganked or targetted person, to speak up and actively be at the keyboard. No one is going to help you if you are afk. The level of effort required is far higher than that of hisec.

1 Like

Post can’t be empty.

Sure, and this is something we’ve pointed out to him too, that this would only harm new players.

Sadly, he doesnt see it this way.

Do you know what his response was, to the imbalance this would cause to new players?

I kid you not. He said all they have to do is buy hundreds, thousands of dollars of real life moneys worth of plex to inject into and purchase capitals.

This was his response.

1 Like

Like what, the end game eviction is the same at this point in hisec as it is in nullsec, when you fill ever inch of a system with structures then it is just like blowing up a few ships and a few structures say in Delve, utterly pointless…

Not at all, being AFK will get you killed in both areas of the game, one is just more highly protected.

I came across many people who were AFK VNI ratting in nullsec and they hardly ever died, especially as they tended to hog the more safe systems.

Well have cyno and an instant response and bang, though that only really applies to Rorquals, Supers and Titans, everything else is going to be dead.

Cough why is this different?

And this is why I tend to look at you lot goggle eyed because it is supposed to be a more casual area, so what?

Yes. I think that was my point.

Sure, and the same could be said of people who live in hisec islands.

Carriers can withstand long enough too, if you have a competent response fleet.

But even most carriers are going to last longer than 20 seconds against most enemy fleets.

Cynos and titan bridges. Cough.

Sure. The problem I have is people mislabeling nullsec as somehow being just as safe, or just as easy to live in, as hisec. When the truth is, the level of effort is vastly different.

Most have paper thin ratting fits, they die quick, I have a few on my killboard. :stuck_out_tongue:

You can still report that.

In any case I think we agree on the idea of bringing capitals into hisec is bad, but in terms of hisec I just like that there is better ratting like emerging conduits, I rather like them. I would like to see more high end content for casual players, but it does not have to be the same as what is there for nullsec. o7

So “in one sentence, you state an opinion. In another sentence, you refer to actual facts. You can’t refer to actual facts in sentence B because you already said a completely different sentence was your opinion.”

Wow, that is some pretty grade-school reasoning right there. If that’s the sort of juvenile logic-chopping you need to resort to in order to pretend you’ve won an “internet debating point”, I suggest you pull out your high school debating team manual and look up “specious argument”.

I also note that in the links you provide from the other thread, none of them say “we want more rewards with no risk”. If you want to discuss non-related topics, you should probably do that in the other thread.

This thread is about your claim that the channel “Highsec Lobby” wants to lobby for better rewards in high sec without any of the risks.

Neither the channel MotD, nor any of your slanted statements since, have established that. That was my original point, that you consistently try to create arguments out of whole cloth (straw-man arguments) in order to have an easy time ‘winning’ arguments that don’t exist.

Well, to be expected from a Code monkey who prefers to gank weaks in safe space rather than fight real battles, I guess.

I guess they can’t be decced…

Oh look, more people who don’t understand the difference between space being safe for everyone because the game mechanics enforce a high level of safety and space being safe for some people because players have invested massive amounts of effort in defending dangerous space from potential threats.

2 Likes

Glad to see our channel getting so much attention, it is about time that highsec starts to lobby for her players, just the same as nullsec has for years.

No, they can’t. They hide their structures in holding corps and I was wondering if I should rub it under CCP Hellmar’s nose that he said “people should show teeth” until he does something about it. The only way to deal with them is either from the inside, or by ganking them.