"hisec players are too apathetic and disorganized" - thoughts

Clearly. (grin)

But no company invests in an overhaul for new player experience and related if there’s not an issue or cause for it.

I believe CCP themselves have stated there is a need to ‘future fit’ the game.

So I think it’s safe to say your opinion may be either uninformed or out of date. Regardless, it does not offer rebuttal and I see no reason to reply further unless this changes.

o7

They work quite well all over the place. Have you actually gone looking?

But this is completely unconnected to what you are talking about.

The npc is constantly being changed because new players get dumped into eve and get hit by overwhelm and leave. Hence bad player retention.

I don’t see how the issues you are talking about are relevant to player retention other than introducing more complexity, more overwhelm and consequently worsening player retention.

A moment of elaboration here:

Right now, everyone expects purely PvE players to engage in PvP. Because if they don’t, no fresh meat. And they clearly don’t, since everyone replying seems unable to look beyond their own preferences toward the concept of adjusting for market changes.

But it bears repeating - PvP players EXPECT this same ‘play both sides’ engagement and when it doesn’t happen, they get cranky.

But they won’t do it themselves except as espionage and infiltration work.

Which, ironically, is the charge they most like to level against their perceived ‘opponents’, the purely PvE players.

But, just as with the case I’m highlighting, there’s no structure for purely PvE under HISEC. Never was. We know this.

And no one wants one.

And that’s just as bad.

But I wasn’t trying to suggestion solutions there (I could, heck, you can even incorporate them, it’s not that hard, once you make the PvP/X protect them as part of, say, a military supply chain supporting an eSports team).

But the real first hypothesis to vet is whether or not the data reveals you have PvX players or PvP players (Both, really, but what are the ratios? It matters.).

My suspicion is that PvX hasn’t grown because PvP players don’t support it. But CCP would know better than I how true that is or is not.

Where? Don’t talk about arenas, they significantly reduce content in the sandbox, because they happen outside EvE.

I think you misread; I was referring to the eSports teams that exist in the world today.

But I believe your larger intent was to assert that an eSport event cannot / should not happen within the EvE universe itself.

I am suggesting precisely the opposite because EvE is one of the few games that could actually make that work. And the best part, they would kill like, four birds with one stone:

1. Give PvE players the protection they desire.
  2. Give PvP players the channel to be heroes and champions as much for protecting HISec as the PvP and PvX players get notoriety for prowling LowSec, et al.
  3. Give CCP a new revenue stream that doesn’t require new code to stand up (but likely would to stabilize and grow).
  4. Give players from any side a chance to experience a format that is competitive but not corrosive… the perfect bridge to get to the PvX future.

So far, no one has managed to show me how or why that’s necessarily a bad idea, for any group concerned.

o7

edit: whoops, forgot #4. now added.

Define protection?

Nope, that’s up to CCP to do. As it should be.

Besides, had you actually looked at the other ideas posted, you’d know.

But I think we both know you’re not up in here trying to have a discussion, you’re looking for a fight.

You’ll not have it, sir.

o7

Well let’s just leave everything else up to CCP as well then shall we.

Business as usual. Good good

No I’m trying to understand what you think the problem is and what your suggestion is fixing. Because it’s not clear.

And pretty central to that is why PVE players would need protection. Especially if protection translates as it total safety as it often does in these suggestions then it’s a bad change. All that just is encourage folks to never leave safe areas and takes all diversity out of ship fitting. Why would I ever need to make a meaningful decision between a mining upgrade or a damage control if I’m in a zero risk environment?

So no. As I’m reading these changes I think what you are suggesting is just bad

CCP knows what’s what and it is to them that I am suggesting, via the correct location to do so.

Your assumptions are your own, as always. I’m not sure why you seem to think your lack of understanding is anyone’s issue but your own.

I repeat, “You’ll not have it, sir.”

o7

Are you a bluelysian alt?

not enough word salad to be blue…almost every one of her posts regardless who she replied to would have a page long… most of these are really short… but maybe she’s learning an adapting to better hide herself.

Okay, right off the bat, your first assumption appears wrong. Let me put it this way, my first corp was Eve University, which would have PvP fleets every week, as well as HS campus guys who would actively fight the wardeckers. Later I joined a rental corp in NS that mostly crabbed. When we’d try to have PvP fleets, 5 or 6 guys would show up. Casual observation has also revealed that guys who fly with open communities will engage in both PvE and PvP, often in different areas of space. And, of course, if you join a nullbloc, you’ll find a host of people doing a whole lot of PvE and PvP. Oh, and I know gankers that PvE. Hell, I even know a ganker that mines.

So, I dispute the notion that everyone is either a PvE’er or PvP’er, or that you can divide space into the PvE’ers and the PvP’ers. Are there pure carebears, and pure PvP’ers? Sure. And I’m sure that the data will reveal plenty of patterns. However, it is also clear that your casual observation has caused you to see patterns that vary dramatically from those that I have seen with my casual observation, which means that it would probably be a mistake to make assumptions and recommendations based on casual observation.

Second, I’m not sure what I think about your point on research because I don’t know you mean when you say the market is looking for something? Are you talking about players, devs, or what? Maybe that’s clear to finance bros, but I don’t know what you mean. What I can tell you is that you are most certainly allowed to give more information. And, I know it takes time and effort, but you can cite sources for those who either have access, or know how to get it (do a google search for, “how to access scientific journals for free”.

Third, I don’t even know where to begin with your point on the social contract. Are you trying to say that because we don’t all cooperate for our mutual krabbing benefit in the PvP-centric game whose name literally stands for Everyone Versus Everyone, that means that Eve has somehow failed when it comes to social interactions and relationships? Because if so, you might want to consider that this is a PvP game, and not a society. And if you merely think that no one has any long lasting cooperative relationships, then you might want to take another look.

Fourth, many, many players engage in PvE and PvP all the time. Moreover, many will frequently engage in PvP in order to protect their PvE assets and opportunities (i.e. response fleets, guys who gank competitors, people fighting over POCO’s). Once again, I know that there are pure carebears out there, but I don’t think that they’re as pervasive as you seem to think.

Lol. So, the solution is not more conflict drivers, but incentives to protect. Did a krab write this?

You know what, I’m at a loss. It’s like we’re talking about different games.

Thank you for your contribution. I am happy to rest my certainty in CCPs numbers, which they have internally, on how that shakes out.

I see no need to argue anecdotal views, the entire point of a suggestion makes disagreements moot.

o7

Meh, I don’t know how to get rid of region names in order to help make things easier to see, but the map shows Uedama (which is in HS) as the bloodiest system in Eve. In fact, outside of spikes caused by major nullsec battles, HS is most often the bloodiest area of space.

So, right there, we have evidence that you’re wrong about HS being full of nothing but carebears.

Intellectual dishonesty is not helping your credibility.

Nor will it assist you in your attempt to discredit.

But it is telling of intent and motivation. Thank you.

Intellectual dishonesty? Are you sure that you just don’t like having your beliefs challenged?

Who makes all those kills? The miners?

Physician, heal thyself.

Edit to add:

I will not be engaging you further on this topic as your agenda seems clear and it is intentionally disruptive to the suggestion submitted.

I fully accept and understand that you can’t help it. I actually am grateful of your attempts as they are part of the issue and it’s good to have examples like this. Thank you.

o7

thats a first. I’ve never seen anyone call you intellectually dishonest.