HiSec Wardecs will kill this game!

It’s a shame that so many players are don’t bring theirs along, and are thus unarmed.

8 Likes

If you act like a douch in the game, you will get war dec’d. its the way of eve, I leran’t that in my first week. We had some real twats in my first corp and got a lot of dec’s. Oddly the twats never undocked to man up to their local chat bravery.
And no I am not a douch and have never war dec’d anyone. If you feed the decrs easy kills they will continue.
That said, being able to perma dec a corp is a very bad mechanic as the decers have no skin in the game as they generally stay on stations with neutral boosters and neutral logi at the ready.

Here, I typed up a little training document for you.

You have access to me (as much as I login) and my little tutorial, the most complete I’ve ever bothered to type.

You should know that even PvP’ers are vulnerable… should you choose to arm yourself. A little information leads to better choices, maybe even teamwork, and eventually a victory over those who are hurting you.

You might even find this is more fun than what you were doing before…

I think you’ll find it to be reasonably complete, if you have questions let me know.

I think a small corp could arrange a successful venture against a “merc” camp with this information and a little time and effort. If I have missed something, please let me know.
Mo

5 Likes

Look, if hi sec war decs were to be the death of EVE, it would have already happened. It’s not like they are a recent addition to EVE. In fact, it could be argued that war decs are at their weakest point ever.

The watch list that let people know when their targets are online is gone.

The war Dec disease that lead to every corp being at war with someone is gone.

CCP doesn’t mind of you drop corp to avoid a Dec.

Seriously, if you can’t handle the weak state of war decs at this time, EVE isn’t a decent fit for you. And if you seem to be constantly war dec, then start asking yourself why. Solve the problem and learn to enjoy the game. It was you who chose to play a hard game, do embrace it.

4 Likes

Well said.

This is the crux of my issue with all these threads. OPs want to know why the game is so hard.

I want the game to be harder.

Every time these cries for help get answered, my game dies a little.

There are lots of easy games out there. Please let just this one actually be challenging.

It’s already too easy. Stop trying to dumb it down further.
Mo

5 Likes

You can’t battle dumb though, Mo.

I popped a Venture in lowsec (because I’m ace and pro) yesterday and received a love letter.

It simply said “F*CK YOU ASSHOLE”.

I sent a polite and helpful reply to the 2 month old player in question, outlining how system security levels work and where it would be safest for him to mine if he wasn’t prepared to stay vigilant. I also explained how his ship has bonuses and had be been paying attention that he would have escaped as I only had a long point fitted.

I got no thank you. No response. Nothing.

Around 5 minutes later he was back, in the same spot in another Venture. I sat cloaked with my alt wondering whether I should give him a break or not when a Loki decloaked next to him and proceeded to pop him and his pod.

I wonder if he sent the Loki pilot a mail?

As I said. Dumb is sometimes just plain dumb, and that’s that. I’d say on average around 20% of people ask engaging questions after death. I allow everyone some rope as I too raged the first time I lost a ship, but it’s always disheartening when I get a love letter. I don’t even laugh any more.

To finish on an up-note, however, I killed an Astero in a wh yesterday and the pilot in question and I chatted for hours about fits etc. He was really cool and interested. We have a play date next week.

Hey ho.

10 Likes

No, rather people who run and drop corps will kill this game. learn to fit, learn to fight, and youll have more fun in 5 minutes than you will have in a year of mining.

3 Likes

Eve is a PVP Game, period. Go away carebear.

tell those guys to go screw themselves like I do and keep flying. they don’t get me.

You aren’t forced to do that. My original character was wardecced by marmite for 6 months straight as a renter. When I came to highsec, I made money just fine travelling around in exploration ships. Literally all I had to do was fly a cloaky through uedema and have dock/undock instas for dodixie / jita or use an out of corp alt hauler. If you are totally stuck in a location, then perhaps your planning is a bit weak, and now you’ve found a reason to expand your horizons.

The game also requires shiploss to function, you have to presume that its going to come around to you sometime, and it is a lot of fun to make the other guys lose theirs instead.

Whatever is you collect or build and sell, the market for it would have been totally swamped years ago, if stuff wasn’t being destroyed.

1 Like

Boring, grinding activities such as mission running and mining are killing EVE, not wardecs and PvP.

3 Likes

Only thing that will be killing EVE is CCP.

1 Like

Well, being a young player, that first loss stings. I remember the first time I was ganked, I was less than a week old can flipped in a noob system.

It can be hard the first time getting diddled by Uncle Mortlake. When it happened to me, I was angry and really didn’t think I would stay in the game.

1 Like

Our first wardec was quite amusing. One of our newbros had a question and none of us knew the answer. So we told him to aks the help chat, sometimes you get lucky and some good answers there. He didn’t. He got flamed for beeing lazy and not testing stuff himself. I chiemed in and ask the person to shut up when he has no clue either. Got wardecked for that.

That was new and somewhat thrilling for us and our CEO promised a one billion ISK reward for the corpie that brings her the first corps from a war decker. We used the locater agents excessively and tried to camp their office with Hyperion’s. Maybe they had more pilots or alts, but I guess as wormholers we had more ISK to burn. But we never fought a battle with them. They slipped through with fast ships and we didn’t get a kill until the wardeck run off. (No worries, we got better by now.)

We begged our CEO to counter wardeck so we would get one more chance on the one billion pot. But she didn’t and forwarded us a mail form the wardecking corp instead. They claimed that they were drunk when declaring war, that they want to apologies and that they don’t want further beef with us. (That was quite a moral boost, so if you lead a corp full of newbies you might even want to fake such an incidnet :wink: ) Maybe the fact that we got accepted into a medium sized WH alliance and the attackers had just deployed a raitaru was part of their reason for the apologie.

Now we have wardecks 24/7 as the alliance is perma wardecked by most bigger pirate corps but we adapted well and I even got to shot down my first pirate. Eat dust K-space rat, AARRrrrrr.

Uhm. Sry … on topic: I don’t think wardecks are a big problem . Mechanics could be a bit better, but … meh…

5 Likes

I don’t think it will kill the game… but it is the end of hi-sec corps.
More and more i am seeing people in npc corps while in hi-sec.
It’s not worth keep a corp while in hi-sec…
Merc corps eventyually will wardec you and eventyually a unaware player will undock his orca and will be killed… and eventyually this merc corp will keep the war for 3 weeks in a row…

if you want to be in a corp and play with friends, go to null sec.
hi-sec will be for people who want to play alone in npc corps. I dont know if it was planed be that way, but it is what has become.

I think its the opposite.

I think that do everything, do nothing well crap newbie corps will kill this game.

CCP has said it themselves, new players are more likely to stay if they make meaningful connections and join good corps.

But there are an abundance of crap corps out there that dont deserve to exist, because all they do is prey on new players and dont really teach them anything, or worse, teach them the wrong things and make them leave.

I understand that you want to make a corp with your friends and fly around holding hands together, but this is EVE. You have the freedom to do whatever you wish, but you must also live with the consequences of your actions.

2 Likes

Hey bud!

Heres a thread about how wardeccs are too easy to avoid

Wardecs are easily turned into a fun and engaging activity for your corp mates that can bring memories and accomplishments they will recall for years.

Hire me as a consultant! Im for sale at a price you can afford.

I’m getting help. Honestly.

4 Likes

We are a very small mining Corp and we were wardocked a few times. I just keep a eye on local and and dock up if they come into system. If they kill my venture and pod me, no big woop, no implants.

2 Likes