HiSec Wardecs will kill this game!

I live in syndicate, it has easy access; i dont tend to bother with highsec decs as mostly after scouting them i really cba to try and get the required people together and most of the time they cba either, sometimes i fly a ceptor through to see if anyone tries it but they dont unless they have reps on standby which is a big no no if your solo.

Lowsec is… well expect losses but youll get fights in facwar areas… more often than ny other area of space, wormholes are often incredibly quiet but i prefer null mostly because its open and i can use any ship available… oh and local chat is a powerful tool of course. Jspace was/is a case of me needing more toons than i had to lay traps, scout and provide dps… not that i dont like hunting in them :wink:

Im presuming thats not your main? i like your kb in that it doesnt scream at me 'im risk averse’
this guys looks good too https://zkillboard.com/character/407278691/ wonder if he know babarr or zhaag, been a long time since i flew around kubinen.

I basically go anywhere that i might be able to snag a kill though lately iv not been pvping too much.

It is. I just tend to take long breaks, and engage in a lot of pretty varied stuff. Like I’ll do a month of station trading, then I got some IRL friends in who just wanna do missions(ugh) and despite my best efforts won’t PvP, so I hang out with them(need that standing for locators). And since a lot of my engagements tend to be of a nonconsensual nature, I often walk away without a killmail for obvious reasons. Ransoms, ship theft, etc. Plus I generally never did the station bash/merc thing until now. Getting set up to do highsec terrorism on a larger scale with the new alliance.

Basically you might think of me as a casual player who occasionally decides to do something big. PvP fills a very larger chunk of my time, but as my killboard shows my playtime is very low. It’s also skewed because I did a Solo w-space thing for a year and a half. But if you go way back to '09 and '10 I was still daytripping to lowsec. It was limited by tag availability though. Like as a wspacer I didn’t have a way to boost sec status and wasn’t aware of a quick fix.

Also, for the vast majority of my playtime ninjaing was my primary source of PvP. Hence the ransoming, ship theft, etc.

Tldr; I’m pretty casual, but I might surprise you if given a good goal.

Edit: Also, I give zero fucks about killboards and killmails. If I can terrorize someone without a killmail I’ll do it. I’m just in it for the fun. I used to play UO a bit and I was a thief, not a ganker. When Crimewatch rolled out I took a LONG break with brief returns for lowsec pvp. Now since I have a new goal I’m transitioning to internet terrorism, and I’m hoping to start burning down citadels and shutting down corporations by sheer harassment.

Edit2: Haha I keep wanting to edit this stuff in but I also want “creative” kills not mindless ones. Mind you tracking a wardec target and blowing up their mission ship is fun, but camping is tedious. I’ll gladly spend hours for one kill if its one I have to work for. My last wardec was like that. Lots of tracking, little payout. But by the end of it the corp in question had hemorrhaged 70% of its members. No joke.

Man I have so many fun stories. When I was in wspace my PvP skills in straight fights were too low, and I was completely solo. So I made up for it with unconventional tactics… I actually ninja salvaged other systems in wspace, as well as my own if I saw groups if daytrippers. If I saw a target I couldn’t beat in a fight(most of them at the time. I did fuel hauling and POS management on 1 character who was 6 months old…), I’d focus on cutting their operational stability Basically warped in in a semi-sniper fit and triggered all the stuff to make the site unclearable for them. You can still have a lot of fun without killmails. ■■■■ I had fitting lying around somewhere of a kiting noobship. It did a pitiful 50 dps so I actually never got a kill with it because at the time the active tank meta was in style. But on multiple occassions I got people to burn out their afterburner trying to disengage or catch me. Made a lot of friends that way actually. Lock em down and start a conversation. “So uh, a/s/l?”

Now I wanna start a thread on non-conventional griefing. There’s so much fun to be had.

you may get bored real quick but if your mates are in there it might take a bit longer.

Yeah its a bunch of people I go way back with. Citadels have made bashing and sieges so much more fun. This is the first time in the history of Eve I’m actually excited about fleet ops, and I’ve been playing since '09.

better in jspace if you find something in lowpower and its fitted, not only do you get fittings dropped but stuff in the cit can drop too, ships, module, ammo, bpo’s; in hs i believe only cit fittings will drop.
I want to get a crew for potential wh cit takedowns, im workin on it …

Oh know… Not constipated evil… Do I care? No…

Whining about crap that is a staple in a game and has been since the beginning is just dumb…

Seriously EVE was meant to be hard… Stop being the kid that wants the participation trophies and grow up… Space isn’t safe

1 Like

I must admit I haven’t read the entire thread, so I’m probably repeating some points that have already been made… but…

The premise of this thread: “wardecs will kill the game”, assumes that most of the game happens in high sec. This couldn’t be more wrong! Personally I rarely go to high sec (even on alts that do not get shot on sight when they enter high sec.) As such, for me, wardecs are completely irrelevant. This holds for most players who don’t live in high sec

At most, you could claim that wardecs will kill the little niche of the game that you have chosen to settle in.

I would argue that is a good thing.

Any mechanic which forces new players out of the safety of high sec and into the real game is, in my opinion, beneficial for the vitality of this game.

1 Like

requesting his stuff

op quit already so your a bit late

My problem with this statement (apart from pulling numbers out of posterior regions) is the assumption that the 1000 customers would be here in 6 months time anyways.

Yes… If EVE was an FPS console game with a shelf life of a year at most, I could see CCP catering to the masses, trying to milk every cent out of the game before moving on to the next game or sequel.

However, this is an MMO that has stood solid for 15+ years. Many customers who want quick gratification come in, demand change, then leave in 6 months or less whether that change is made or not because they are onto the next new thing. These aren’t the customers that build a loyal fan base and keep a game going for the next 15 years. They are also the customers CCP won’t keep no matter what because… They always want more and new. Nothing will change that.

It’s better to keep the game in Its niche role, keep the core customers happy and keep trying to pull in more core customers by stick with the basic premise of EVE. And part of that premise is war decs. So take your 1000 customers and move to the next game. Those that enjoy eve will stay, enjoying the fact that this game is what we like.

2 Likes

While I can see your point, I also think it’s somewhat prejudiced. I know several people who quit due to war-declarations. They may have left a couple months later anyway, it’s impossible to say, but I know they quite enjoyed the game when they were playing. Likewise, I think it’s very very few who simply stays with the game because of loyalty. The vast majority would leave if the game becomes boring, too demanding or similar - it is a game after all. What I believe EVE is good at though, is the value of returning to the game. If you’re absent for years, you can come back and more or less start where you stopped. This is unlike many other MMOs, where the game drastically changed.

IMO the functionality of war-dec is fine, but CCP should work on the structuralism of corporations. The approach to establish a well-working corporation should be more explicated, and not just something you can create in a few minutes without any form of consideration. It should be much more demanding for especially the CEO, but also more informative for the members. Perhaps CCP could introduce a more properly implemented mutual co-operation between corps, such as industry-based or high-sec “carebears” corps could make agreement-contract with PvP-corps for mutual defence against aggressors. While the contract is active, the PvP corp could receive taxes - and as such is more precautionary than the current system.

I know that this system is somewhat already implemented, and that it sounds like the purpose of an alliance. But to many people, an alliance may just be too much. This would let the smaller/medium corps remain their individuality while not exposing themselves as much. Another idea is to overhaul the NPC-corporations, giving people a choice to join war-immune NPC corps with different purposes, not much unlike the current system, but with a greater variety of choice (I.E. joining a certain Gallente corp would increase market taxes in Caladri space or some other role-playing idea). Likewise, create a greater communication and interaction window for new players in NPC corps, where it’s possible to create fleets for different purposes and getting to know people more. I’m not saying NPC corps should ever be a better choice than player-corps, but for greater integration of people into EVE’s community, it should be much more than a 11% tax vs. losing war-immunity.

Trust me, I am all for a major corporation over haul. Though creating a corp is easy, managing roles and doing things properly is horribly tedious, complex, and limited in strange ways.

I think if the interface was better, but still required effort to properly define roles, you would see more corps stick around during war decs instead of being just throw away shells.
In other words, if you increase the time to properly setup a corp, made roles more manageable, built in a better payout structure that wasn’t also tied to hostile take overs (like separate voting shares and payable shares), you may make people care about even small corporations to not throw it all away once decced.

As for people leaving because of a war dec, there are two types of people there generally… There are those that failed to realize the nature of EVE. They thought Oooo… A cool space game. I’ll play, without realizing they had joined a dystopic universe where death and destruction abound and help drive the very economy of the game. When they get decced and killed, they complain and quit because the reality finally hits them, that this isn’t the game they thought it was.For such people, the reality is that EVE is not the game for them. There is nothing to do about it.

The other type of player is the one that gets bored because they feel there is nothing to do during a war Dec. These are the people that truly need a good CEO. They need a CEO who says it’s ok to leave corp during a dec, we will welcome you back after. They need a CEO who creates a group chat for people to still talk when not in corp. They need a CEO who offers alternative gameplay options and supports them with ships or isk to help them on their way. These are people who accept the nature of eve but just need a gentle reminder that the mining and the corp will be there after the war, but they have other options to try. I’m very thankful my first CEO was like that. However how to get more CEOs like that… I don’t know.

1 Like

alphas can contract

1 Like

There are also people that can not play the pvp game due to not having the correct motor functions, people who are deaf for example may have difficulties on fleets where the speed of voice commands is really necessary (though there are broadcasts and such im sure you can see where the difficulties lie) strokes and other many many other ailments that people suffer from may also affect ability to pvp where speed of reaction time is generally of utmost importance, many of these may not want to be in an npc corp because it is largely unorganised and not really personal.

I remember one guy used to play with some sort of straw controller. He had motor issues and streamed himself playing with the device.

I can’t remember his name out of my head, but he had my admiration for getting out there and having fun

2 Likes

there have been deaf and color blind pvp’ers (before eve had color blind friendly settings) and other impaired players still pvping for fun.

excuses

Exactly this. When i was in waffles, there was a guy playing with us who was nearly completely blind. He played by simply getting all the required info from overview (he only had crappy vision in about 5% or so of his full field of view).

If you put your mind to it, anything is possible

I want to be…
A tree!!

with alphas anything is possible

No, are you kidding us? 50m is barely an hour’s work for one player in a Drake. :joy: