HOW CAN WE REVITALIZE THE MARKET?

This

Also the market changes made placing huge offers a bad idea : people will under cut you with lots of small offers.
The broker fee was a good idea, but the realization was bad. In effect, it makes bots even more worth because you need to place more orders over time than before, so be more present, than before. The idea was good : make people who move more their offers pay more, that is paying for adaptation to the market. The issue is that it does not make adaptation worth less, the opposite - and you can dodge that price by having more adaptation.

So, yes : having 1y long orders would help.
Also actually trying to remove those parasites from the market would allow people who actually want to seed the market, to do so without being penalized.

For example this sunday I placed SO for mag stab II, after 5 min there was like 10 orders of 1 item 0.1 isk below mine. Of course there was no point seeding the market when it’s full of parasites.
edit : I still sold 300 of them but it was in a time were everybody was sleeping ? I mean, I left the game and when I come back some are sold

Peoples want everything instant, free and with 0 effort these days. Yes “offshore” hubs are not really functional right now, the items there are too expensive, peoples are not buying there much stuff which then further lowers incentive to sell anything there.

However, OP is, purposely I believe, ignoring the fact that he can make a buy order. OP ignores this because he would have to pay considerably more for someone to bring the stuff to him, and he don’t want to pay more. That is the main problem. I am personally doing buy orders when I see some that gives me profit, but often I see a buy order for same price like lowest Jita sell or even less, then this buy order won’t be fulfilled.

And I disagree with traders who claim its the relist fee which killed selling stuff at remote places. If there would be demand, the items would be bought despite that someone else had the same idea and sold the same stuff and undercut you. So it is lack of demand why you don’t sell it and why you therefore bleed ISKs, not the relist fee.

I also noticed that some players are using Jita alts (or asking friends to buy stuff for them) and courier contracts to bring stuff where they want it. But yes, far more players won’t want to pay anything extra so they ignore this possibility as well and instead cry to CCP.

As I said already - the mechanics are there, if anyone thinks the market is broken, he can fix it himself.

The answer is so obvious that I have no idea why no one has thought of it already: put market fees and taxes on a sliding scale according to system traffic/popularity, just like corporate office fees are. This would encourage players to be in space more too, as they fly around the place picking up the deals they buy. Make the fee cap even higher than it already is to punish the never-undockers botting in the market hubs (I’d go upwards of 20%, maybe even 30% as the combined fee/tax cap), which would enable players to sell items for even less elsewhere, enticing buyers to come to them by passing on some of the savings from the cheaper admin costs.

3 Likes

This would take a team of CCP developers well over six months to implement. Rejected.

1 Like

As someone who makes a fair amount of isk acting as the invisible hand of the market moving goods around from Hek to Rens, to Jita, and back again, do me a favor and give me a shopping list of things that are cheap and available in Jita, but not found in Hek, and there is a pent-up demand for.

I suspect these items still may be either rare, and dangerous to speculate on, or there just is no large market for them in Hek, and thus dangerous to speculate on, or they just happen to be sold out of right now, and there is not enough of a price differential between markets for it to feel like it is worth my time and isk to ship around.

@Queotzcatl Which new Navy faction BC’s are you looking for specifically? If I think there is a market for it with enough of a price differential possible, I would be happy to move some to Rens and Hek.

1 Like

Then how about the fallback option of another store pack?

Take advantage of the limited time AMARRIAN PSYCHO pack that includes:

• 30 DAYS OMEGA
    – Unlock double training speed, better skills and an infinite skill queue, plus access to bigger ships with Omega.

• 150,000 SKILL POINTS
    – Boost your skill training and develop quickly in areas you desire with a large amount of Skill Points, unlocking new elements of gameplay and gaining you a head start.

• 250 PLEX
    –Trade it for in-game ISK and buy new ships, modules or Skill Injectors, or spend your PLEX in the New Eden Store.

• BASIC GLAMOUREX BOOSTER
    – Elevate your social standing with a booster developed to increase the appeal of New Eden’s holoreel stars.

• RETURN ON INVESTMENT EXPERT SYSTEM
    – Be The Wolf. Instantly inject everything you need to become an expert market trader for 7 days.

• BOILER ROOM BUSINESS ATTIRE
    – Let the suit do the talking for you with this custom-tailored dark-grey three-piece (men only).

• MARGIN CALL LOAFERS
    – The perfect footwear for when business inevitably meets pleasure.

• PLASTIC RAIN JACKET
    – Sometimes you need one.

• BUSINESS CARD SKIN
    – Give your Victorieux Luxury Yacht an executive makeover. Just look at that subtle off-white coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a watermark.

Get yours for just $34.99 in the EVE Store today!

2 Likes

Yes.

A lot of people who doesn’t matter thought of it, like me, I don’t matter.

Rens is a dumpster, if that place had 0% tax and half the broker fees, then maybe it could be a little more attractive.

Also why the LP stores have flat prices?

And why the corporations pay the same ISK and same LP for the missions? That should go up and down… if no one is running those missions then the NPC corporation should raise the prizes… otherwise people will run missions around Jita in the most secure systems.

3 Likes

:sob:

Yeap, another day I was at Rens and we had 100 people in local, than people started celebrating “Rens revival back in the triple digits”.

2 Likes

This is a question for @Brisc_Rubal

Because that’s how they were designed twenty years ago and they haven’t been touched since then. I agree that all these systems should be dynamic, but they’re hard to work with so CCP tends to not touch them.

4 Likes

I can imagine, still… that’s something to think about and ask around with CCP.

A bit like POS Code Brisc ?

… and CCP’s apparent Lack of Vision or time for it’s own CSM (Some of the BEST and most loyal players) that KNOW what New Eden needs…

It feels more like CCP do not want to touch their player base, never mind deal with 20 year old code and for me, personally, I think the code is the easier option - FixIT, and the players will return.

To OP.

When CCP realise that the game needs “Different” structures for it’s different area’s of space, then you will find industrialists will come back…

Currently Citadels are useless junk for everyone.

The concept is there - They need to be more adaptable to the space they are anchored in is all.

Destiny, Brisc, Arrendis and a couple of others have campaigned for change and are vocal but until CCP listens then I doubt you will see much change Bud.

Personally, I like the idea of sliding charges that Destiny suggested but until CCP open up the other Hubs and “Specifically” concentrate on the Uedama issue that Niarja used to suffer from then I feel trade/markets are not going to improve.

FWIW - Wormholers are dependant on Markets - the Jita Sole Hub thing affected wormhole space more than any other since our exit’s are totally random - Please keep that in mind when referencing J-Space.

Industry in Wormholes is entirely dependant on knowing your neighbours and having an exit to sell what you build - With Jita now being the only viable option, you see the decline of wormhole habitation.

I mean I think I couldn’t find certain drones and T2 blasters last time I was in Hek?

It’s simply down to the fact that there is no structure that is easy to deploy “Locally” AND supply market.

Point in Case - Drones need PI - specifically P3 Robotics and Guidance Systems…

Wormholes Provided that PI AND the Random Exit’s that allowed you to hop out - online your small POS and build some stuff…

You got wardecced ? or someone got wise to your game ? Simply unanchor the POS and move away, all in less than an hours game play…

Citadels took all of that away - Who da Fuq wants to be around for more than a week just to unanchor, what is in effect a throw away structure…

Sure, this touches on the really old wardec mechanics but those will never be fixed I feel… Small POS at least gave us a 15 min window to avoid that…

Except to NERF the rewards and drops. Not to mention they “fixed” Amygnon. :neutral_face:

I’m not so certain that Hisec PVE got nerfed PerSe

More the case that as CCP changed the Ship build requirements that certain other stuff was kinda made redundant - no more so than sleeper loot and I can speak of this from VAST experience.

Things are BAD - no doubt about that - This used to be a game that you could kinda play in the background…

Now, it feels more like it IS IN the background - if you don’t have Discord or Teamspeak or so then you will not be logging in.

That was never the case a few years ago - it was the few that WERE there online that made the team…

Have you missed the last two weeks? They’ve given us a ton of stuff we’ve been asking for.

When did they nerf mission payouts?

2 Likes

That thread was surreal. I read the list of little changes and I was baffled at how happy people were about them.

1 Like