How CCP could keep new players longer

This is incorrect. If you keep dueling noobs in starter or career areas, you will soon receive email from GM to stop it or be banned. See the noobs don’t know what duels are and must be protected against that.

what about the “auto-decline duels” option from the main menu that already exists to address this?

The thing is that new players are supposedly unable to understand what duel is, and unable to decline or use the block feature you mention. And they are of course unable to win which lead to grief and ragequit.

I am speaking from my own experiences, when I was rather new I made an alt and duelled ppls in Clellion (plus some suspect baiting later), I was learning myself, but I wasn’t 30day old player on my main, so I received the email that what I do is against rules and I have to cease that or get banned.

Not disagreeing with you there, “auto-reject duels” should be the default setting for new accounts, and similarly the dialogue box when receiving a duel request should have an option to “decline duel and auto-reject duel requests” and set that.

In other words, this is a problem that Eve has already designed a solution to, and instead takes a very roundabout path that is highly subjective and requires extra work/effort from GMs to police.

This is not the default setting, and shouldn’t be. I like dueling people in trade hubs.

me too

A duel should be an honest fight between to players, to the death of their ship.
Not an exploit based on the eve UI that requires click+hold to move the camera and a pop-up that may get inadvertently clicked while a person is undocked and trying to orient the camera which will result in a highly one sided “fight” that one side did not intentionally agree to.

I know the classic response is “consentual pvp on undock”, but I won’t do that because this is a fair point. Maybe better education about the duel system for new players can help them be more cautious about this.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.