How did we reach the Moon thru the Van Allen Radiation Belt?

So your argument is because you don’t believe it, it is not believable.

Your a scientist aint ya?

I would enjoy someone explaining how a element that’s only known way of creation is a nuclear weapon can not possibly be linked to nuclear weapons.

Natural anomaly like this perhaps…

More likely NASA is doctoring out pictures of Trinitite while they tell Elon Musk “mars cant be teraformed” as a last plea of saying “don’t go”.

I did not make any argument. Why so defensive?

In general, if someone claims something I need to see some evidence to believe him. The wilder the claim the better the evidence has to be.

So far I have no idea because I heard this for the first time. It just seems a bit extreme to postulate a matrian civilisation and their extinction trough a nuclear war just because of the abundance of an element…

Its sad when the only conclusion that you can come to at the end of the day keeps coming up NASA and lying. They are pretty proficient at it by now from their continual practice of it.

Another interesting fact that could be tied to that is enormously high accident/suicide rate amount these scientists is something like 4x the national average.

I did not say anything about NASA and I did not come to any conclusion. I just said I’m highly sceptical because the claim is pretty extreme. Seriously why are you so defensive?

And why do you keep jumping to to the next “fact” before we can take a closer look at the stuff you just said before?

So how do you know that the source for Xeon 129 can only be a nuclear explosion?

We know that when a nuclear reactor meltdowns or a weapon goes off a high concentration of Xeon 129 is left over.

Saying its the only possible source isn’t correct but saying its the most readily available and likely from what has been observed is more likely.

NASA is pretty much the only face of the governments space program so when they lie it is rather important because their narrative isn’t just theres.

NASA does not explore the possibilities they drum a narrative that is as predictable as the narrative has become.

NASA isn’t the only space agency in the world, and any idiot with a laser can point it at the moon and get a return signal from the mirrors men who went there left on the surface. Your conspiracy theories about ‘teh big bad gubbermet’ are baseless and without evidence.

You’re also completely wrong about Xeon 129. That is the product of 16 million years of iodine129 beta decay. The fission products of U235 and Pu239 are Xe131, 133, and 135.

1 Like

No strawman conspiracy theories thx Remiel, the question is:

How did we reach the Moon thru the Van Allen Radiation Belt? Its as if we ignored Radiation in the Apollo missions.

The new Mars mission has placed the issue of radiation back into focus.

The following presentation by former/current NASA pers just focuses on radiation.

I already answered that.

We didn’t go through the Van Allen radiation belts.

We went around them.

Any Mars mission will be concerned about radiation because Mars doesn’t have a magnetic field, so people on the surface will be exposed to it all the time for long duration.

But it doesn’t really matter how they did, what matters is that they did do it, and the evidence was not just shown on live TV, but it’s up there right now as well, and as I stated earlier, you can point a laser at the moon and bounce it off the mirrors left by astronauts.

If you’re asking, “how’d they do this?” because you genuinely want to know, the answers are really easy to find on Google. But if you’re asking, “how’d they do this?” and aren’t actually interested in an answer because you’ve already decided the question itself is a ‘gotcha’ and unanswerable, then you’re an intellectually void buffoon who doesn’t deserve to benefit from the breakthroughs of modern science that you’re happy to take for granted when they serve you, but you’ll reject as long as there’s something you can be mad at the ‘gubbermet’ for.

5 Likes

You already have been answered: Short passage with low exposure through a low intensity zone. Ask again and you’ll be officially declared a wacko.

Technically, very quickly skirting the very edges of it. ‘Around’ is more accurate.

I’ll be honest, as well - most loons that decry the Van Allen belts seriously overstate how dangerous they actually are. They’re kinda irrelevant unless you intend to orbit the earth from within them for a month.

Why then is NASA so concerned about the Van Allen Belt now and not so much in the 60s and early 70’s?
The first video posted was from ‘NASA’ raising its concerns, not your ‘tin foil’ loons.

They’re not

They’re concerned about the radiation on MARS.

The Van Allen belt is a great spot for experimenting with shielding techniques, testing instruments, etc, for long-duration missions to Mars.

Holy crap, learn to read.

1 Like

They are concerned with High orbit and deep space radiation, not just Mars surface radiation.

The 1st NASA video deals with just the VA Belts effect on unshielded instrumentation.

You know what’s funny?

The trip to Mars itself, for six months in space exposed to solar radiation, and then any long-duration stay on Mars, is going to expose astronauts to more radiation than all the accumulated exposure to radiation that all the astronauts to the moon experienced in the Van Allen belts. All of them combined.

Your denial of reality for some existential ‘plot twist’ to make you feel special and give your life meaning is really pathetic.

I’m aware of that. The concern is the trip to Mars, and the stay on Mars, and MAYBE, a return from Mars. The Van Allen belts such a tiny fraction of the radiation they’ll experience that if they’re of any concern, it’s as an afterthought. The Van Allen radiation belts are a great place to put a spacecraft full of instruments to test things in high radiation exposure, radiation of a kind that is exclusive to space.

1 Like

The only “conspiracy” or “plot twist” has been raised by you. I have been most polite to you Remiel, just seems you are easily triggered ATM.

Are you ok?

I’m fine. I’m just demonstrating why people who deny reality are morons, and the reality is, we went to the moon. Multiple times, for a variety of scientific experiments, and brought back an incredible collection of materials that gave us a greater understanding of the surface and composition of the moon, and hence, the history of our own planet and solar system.

Be careful not to conflate my mockery of you with ‘being triggered’. I quite enjoy dishing ■■■■ on turd sandwiches who think the government is plotting against everyone and trying to trick people into believing we went to the moon, as if something like that could be faked in the ■■■■■■■ 60s. Yeah, we had digital cameras back then, and the Queen is actually a lizard person.

Gimme a break, nutjob.

2 Likes