How do I prevent my orca getting ganked?

Why did you ignore my post?

1 Like

I did not, it seems absurd some guy would sue a game maker for letting other people kill him ā€œin the gameā€. Its ridiculous.

Dont mine in high and you wont get ganked is one solution.

Dont mine somewhere obvious might be another.

1 Like

Mine where there are other Orca friends that are mining in a fleet or like stated use your own corp set to combat legal and use alts to web you watching local and dscan along with alts on gates both sides in stealth to also spot local spikes.

What Ramona said: donā€™t mine in the systems Orcaā€™s are being ganked in. Donā€™t mine in a system within 4 jumps of a trade hub (especially Jita). Donā€™t mine in a system close to a busy travel route.
Thereā€™s a lot of near-empty systemsā€¦ be where the gankers arenā€™t.

Second, mark all the main ganking corps / alliances as Red standing to you. Then you can mostly just watch local for Reds to show up.

Third, when mining, move well away from the warp-in spots. Get on the other side of of the asteroid belt from the warp-in. Bookmark there then set up a couple safe-warps from that area.

After that follow whichever part of all the above tips seem best to you.

Most Orcas donā€™t get ganked. The ones that do, are primarily because theyā€™re cutting safety precautions due to laziness.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a bit extreme, even though I have nothing against the idea.
I suggested Ventures because theyā€™re free so getting it ganked wouldnā€™t be a problem but the miner got mad at me. I almost replied ā€œCalm down, minerā€ lol

CCP ruined mining with Residueā€¦
You would have to be a complete idiot to still be mining now.
Sell the Orca and invest the 2b into something that will actually make you money.

Also wormhole pipes that link highsec to highsec

It is not about making isk! It is about losing isk reinvesting in the tools you use to not worry about making isk.

Mine because it offers peace and relaxation while roleplaying on de forum!

You do not know how it works then.

3 Likes

Yes I do actuallyā€¦itā€™s all about the loss cycles.
Itā€™s like my 10 accounts that only one is subbing now.
How is that for Loss Cycles?

I actually realized that just now - the residue. Did the math and it seems the income from mining seems to be absurdly low unless you have 5-6 alts. Which I donā€™t. I figured the orca + hulk would be some nice income but doesnt look like it.

Also - how do you quote a post from someone else (no, i dont use the forums much or at all).

Ask @discobot :sweat_smile:

Oh my.

This is most amusing, maybe I should log in to unload my stock of mining equipment onto the market.

2 Likes

Less krabs is bueno.

Less krabs who didnt get how to make more out of the residue mechanic is even more bueno.

1 Like

While the residue mechanic is actually a benefit, mining has never been a way to get rich quick unless you are hyper krabbing in null.

You should set a goal and then choose a grind that lets you reach that goal efficently or thats actually fun to do.

If Residue is so greatā€¦then where did half the playerbase go?
Iā€™m sure you can blame some of that on the price hikeā€¦but itā€™s seems like Iā€™m not the only one thatā€™s not happy with the Residue Changes.
Funny how CCP introduces another mechanic to reduce player income and it actually causes them to receive a reduced income.
Be careful what you nerf nextā€¦
I donā€™t think you can sustain yourself too much longer the way things have been going.

1 Like

Iā€™m not an expert at this but reducing player mining income PER ALT = stimulating the creation of more alts = more plex / $$ omega sales = more revenue for CCP. Seems like it did have a purpose after all.

Why did the orca conversation end up here? But basically discouraged me for getting an orca - not for fear of ganking but that its not actually going to be helping my income.

When that whole stream snipe tantrum over Adrian awhile back some folks were running around in various channels talking about it needs to stop and hateless their hero was going to take the legal battle to ccp.

I wet myself laughing. Was just hoping something ever came of it.

1 Like

Because of lazy a** AFK Orca pilots and multiboxers. But mostly just becauseā€¦