How do you remain interested in Eve when you have lost interest?

You’ve tried it all?

4 Likes

I find that making content your own way works best. Just last night I went out looking for structures to knock on, managed to get a fleet fight out of. Wouldn’t have happened if I wasn’t out and about having fun just doing something.

3 Likes

:joy:

Oh give me a break…CCP make a stupid poster with over a hundred of Eve ‘functions’ and display them as actual careers what a joke!

So scanning a wormhole is a career?

And colonization? WTF…I wouldn’t call that colonization.

My poo is made up of a million atoms, but it’s still :poop:

1 Like

That’s not made by CCP. It’s made by a player.

6 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

Take a break and come back later.

Try doing something different in-game, even something you might not have considered doing to begin with. For example, let’s assume you started out hs mining and loved the carebear life, while at the same time hated those pesky suicide gankers. You get into this dilemma of losing interest in eve. So now is the time to just say “■■■■ it” and try out stuff like suicide ganking or other playstyles you wouldn’t have considered before.

If nothing regains the spark that initially got you interested in eve, then maybe you have just outgrown eve. It might be sad, but quitting games and finding something else to do is a pretty normal thing. If this is the case, then congratulations. You have just won eve.

4 Likes

Fly solo! Do what you want, when you want, how you want, without anybodys bull$hit !!! Roam the universe, using worm holes to evade/navigate between regions as needed. Freedom !!!

Have a few jump clones with ships, supplies, etc at different locations to suit your needs. For example, jump from your implanted blinged out mission/incursion/pve clone in empre out to your pirate scum clone stashed out in low sec somewhere, or to your exploration clone out in some npc null station… the possibilities are endless. Eve is what you make of it! Theres no magic formula or that perfect player corp. Make your own way!

(You need a good hauler alt)

2 Likes

freedom

2 Likes

Well theres your problem, you have 19 accounts! Why the f@#k does anybody need or want 19 accounts?! ITS A GAME, NOT A JOB!

1 Like

Read what is the sunk costs fallacy and how you are wrong.

Don’t like the game ? Take a break ! Respect yourself.

2 Likes

Contract me all your stuff so I can keep it safe for you and when you come back I will contract back twice as much because am a good shepherd who will put your wealth in fruition for the benefit of both of us. :angel:

But anyway you mentioned courier missions. Why not become a courier for other capsuleers? Probably not going to make your rich but should be more profitable (I guess?) and more exciting too (I assume :stuck_out_tongue: ) and might even get some nice loot every now and then when you risk to open the package.

There’s a good idea.

Way to pay attention chuckles.

2 Likes

Quickly dismissing suggestions sounds like you’ve already made up your mind so yeah, just take a short break but keep your character training up skills.

Personally I think setting up various small goals to complete ultimately keeps you logging into the game.

Notice I said small goals. Every time you complete one, it will boost your interest and incite you to complete more.

1 Like

I do something else with different people sometimes your dear beloved corp are the thing boring you.

Ive played for 16 years and I too understand the fact of the Eve boredom. Been there done that. But I still log in to chat to a few people and ship spin.

Id suggest taking a break for a while it helps. But Im sorry I cant help you answer your question… can just understand it as Ive lost that love and feeling too.

same place as you, same ■■■■. 8 paying accounts here and only training… never logging in…

1 Like

Sometimes you just have to cut your losses.

2 Likes

Hi DMC Legend, appreciate you dropping by.

But don’t ya think it’s people like us that keep the game alive with our toing and froing on and off the game, not quite interested but determined to have some kind of fun with our habit?

Lol please be my guest and recommend an exciting corp…

Because you are a legend.