How do you remain interested in Eve when you have lost interest?

Just be honest and state the obvious: Eve is fooking shiet.

Oops. I’m trying to behave myself and not troll.

You can not remain interested when you already lost interest.

My cake is gone, because I ate it.
Why is my cake gone?
Why can’t i keep my cake?
Why can’t I eat my cake and keep it?

5 Likes

The cake is a lie :moon_cake:

2 Likes

Only after you ate it!

1 Like

In russian nullsec the cake eats you! :cake:

5 Likes

I’M IN BULGARIA RIGHT NOW AND I APPROVE OF THIS MESSAGE!

1 Like

Wow, thanks for referring to me as a Legend.

As for keeping the game alive? Yeah, I think having older players / Veterans in the game definitely helps inspire new players to stay active.

As for constantly logging in, that’s a different story. That’s why I said set up small goals to complete which will keep you interested and logging into the game on a more regular basis.

After my first year of playing, I had set a very large goal to complete - to have positive standings with all Empire Factions. It took a while to complete that goal, mainly because I spent half of my time doing exploration. However after I completed that goal, I started taking breaks from the game at different times, some of those breaks were rather long.

Course I always kept my account subbed so my character could continue training skills, even if I didn’t log into the game for months at a time.

Now about a year ago I set another long goal, to hopefully gain positive standings with all Factions. Accomplishing that goal will be a lot of work and take some time to complete. In fact to be honest, I’m not even sure if I can accomplish it.

Now I will say that in the process of working those goals, I basically set another goal which is to complete all Event Agents available in the game. Obviously that’s a long term goal and just like my goal of having positive standings with all Factions, I’m not even sure it can be completed.

Anyway, my point is that when doing long term goals, it’s easy to get burned out and become disinterested in the game due to taking a long time to complete.

That’s why I said to set small goals instead. Each time a small goal is completed, it should rekindle interest with the game and keep you logging in on a regular basis.

Maybe set a goal of getting positive standings with all Empire Factions? Or get positive standings with all Pirate Factions. Course I’m talking about running missions for Event Agents, mainly Cosmos. For more info on that, check out the ‘Faction Standing Repair Plan’.

Good luck with whatever you decide, just remember there’s no shame in taking a break from the game. Keeping your character subbed and training up skills will definitely help create incentive to log in.

2 Likes

She’s trying to manipulate you with that. I’m not saying that you’re not a mainstay of this game and that you didn’t actually help a lot of people. Also not saying that you’re a bad guy or anything. If someone else had written that, someone who isn’t seriously looking like another LSG alt, I wouldn’t even have mentioned this.

I’m saying that Natocha isn’t actually giving a ■■■■ about anyone at all, and her posting history shows that she’s definitely the type of person who would try to smear honey around anyone who she believes is “on her side of things” to gather more support.

2 Likes

Well, since the overall statement was friendly, I viewed it as a complement.

2 Likes

She or he is just jealous because they haven’t left a good impression on Eve newbies.

2 Likes

I quit logging in with my main and start playing on a new alt. Somehow this has always kept me around

2 Likes

Well that’s your issue : instead of addressing what is being said, you address who said it. That’s another case of personal aggression. You need to get rid of that, it does not benefit anyone. If you have anger to vent, shoot the jita structure, it’s here for that reason.

If it is done in a civil manner, no reason to be aggressive. Maybe you are right, and you know better than us about the person ; but most of us don’t care and rather have a civil social interaction rather than personal aggression. What you’ve done here is plain insults, and if what you wanted was to warn people of a possible scam, this had the opposite effect as depicting you as the villain.

2 Likes

become pearl abyss
buy dead game

1 Like

:open_mouth:

Yet another sadly falls to the insidious corruption of chaos. All must maintain constant vigilance lest they too succunb. :eye:

3 Likes

his will is our might. Blessed the emprah !

By the promethium, purify the impious !

1 Like

As an old 03 vet I have a main goal and then short goals. As time factors into it you have to take breaks from the game.

Long term goal, destroy the Imperium.
Short term goals don’t waste my time grinding and find a way to achieve my long term goal.
Don’t treat this as a game but as a hobby, and putter towards the long term goal, it’s all about the journey not the goal.

3 Likes

Thank you.

Demichael Crimson is an amazing player.

When I was new about 3 or 4 years ago and lost my dragoon to some ganker or some incident I was furious and was about to quit. I was a regular in DMC’s channel and he came to my rescue and helped me see the situation differently. I still remember him doing many jumps to give me a dragoon blueprint.

It’s the special things people do for you when they don’t have to that you remember.

So I’m not lying when I call him a legend. I will never be in his league, and I accept that. I just feel happy to know a great player.

7 Likes

Well said. The most fun I had in Eve was when I was an officer in a high sec corp, then in an FW corp. The challenges of trying to grow the corp, keep it organized, keep it funded. Dealing with troublemakers, trying to spot people’s contributions and fairly acknowledge them (without creating drama (envy/resentment), trying to develop what businesses call a “group culture”… That stuff made me think about Eve and want to log on all day.

To me that’s what Eve’s game design excels at-- giving people good tools for forming up into bands of individuals, then tribes, then clans (alliances). And good motivations for a group of players to want to get richer/stronger.*

*Some MMO group leadership theorizing, any comments invited: My hypothesis from a few experiences-- Once the group reaches the size where everyone doesn’t personally know everyone else, democracy has to go. (Usually that size is reached as the group is reaching around 20 members).
From that point, the dumbarses who volunteered to lead and organize, instead of spending their time actually undocking ships, have to make the decisions for the group. Or frame decisions into simple Yes/No questions to be voted on by the members. And of course, only around the core members will notice or bother to respond to the option to vote. Those are the guys that you tag for trying to pass off some of the cat-herding roles to. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Play Halo Reach instead.