How far will plex fall?

Just peachy.

:peach:

Thats what I like.

Nahhhhh PLEX only goes up up up…ignoring PLEX sales or delayed tourney payouts

Think we have another permanent million isk increase ahead of us? 3 to 4 mil?

This was all just a ploy by Cody to scare people into liquidating their Plex caches to all his buy orders

I’d never do such a thing.

Cody, I’m curious: have you noticed the monthly price trend on Injectors that’s been going on for more than a year? Why does the same trend happen, on the same day of the month, every month? Is it a guy with 10,000 sp farming accounts that always cycles his farm on the same day of the month?

I haven’t paid enough attention to them tbh.

It’s a bloody harvest made by Nornir Research lab doing brain lobotomy for all those clones :face_with_head_bandage:

As the game dies in game plex price will rise. There was several million dollars worth of Plex in game unspent, I think last figure was around £10M USD in unspent Plex in game with another £4m dollars out of game in 2016. We’ll see how high it is in April 2018 when IRL CCP finance report for 2017 is published.

But at a rough amount there are around 350,000 30day Plex available in game to hit the market at any time & around 200,000 sitting in delivery screens.

All of this means that even if we all stopped paying for subscriptions CCP would still be expected to provided 16.5m days of Omega account content for free without further incoming revenue. If you divide this number by 40k which is a generous number of daily connections then you arrive at 412.5 days of Omega content CCP owes without further revenue stream for subscriptions.

Of course not every omega account is online 23/7 and subscriptions will over-lap but then not every one of those accounts is Omega. Well anyway at a rough calculation CCP games was 90 days in the red in game time for everyone of its PAYING customers. We’ll get to see the effect of free to play accounts at the end of April.

TL;DR The sky is the limit for PLEX, I would expect to see Plex (30Day) rise through the 10bn mark long before CCP pulls the plug on Tranquillity. Serenity Plex Prices are several billion currently something that will come to TQ eventually.

I think the end game for Eve is going to be messy both in game & out but Iceland alongside CCP owners have had no qualms about absolutely destroying IRL lives by dry ■■■■■■■ investors in the banking industry that they’ll lose very little sleep about screwing over a bunch of nerds silly enough to subscribe to a game up to 1 year in advance when the company owes over 1/3rd of its total turnover in unfulfilled subscriptions.

50% off all the new packs.

Bring me some more of those good slopes

Not a day goes by without a new sale.

1 Like

These types of sales will barely dent PLEX price they will only compound CCP’s IRL problems by increasing their subscription liability beyond their yearly turnover. People who buy surplus PLEX & Inejctors beyond their normal consumption will market them. The market will hover them up & horde them as always. The price of PLEX will not drop because of this.

If it does I will buy em like many other investors.

It won’t be a problem when they sell out to EA.

They are not selling to EA. If they were selling to EA then CCP would not have PLEX sales. Every Plex sale increases CCP’s game time liability which EA will subtract from any buy out price. PLEX sales are a strong indication that CCP is doing what it can to remain solely in charge of TQ.

Plex sales do not encourage subscription usage & they do not encourage downward trends in ISK in game PLEX price. Only quality game content can do that which CCP has long abandoned. PLEX sales merely get a short sighted CCP through another quarter while increasing their game time liability

They have no gametime liability once the plex are in game.

Of course they have game-time liability from in game PLEX. There are several million hours of Omega game time available for ISK from the eve market, you can couple that with free Alpha time. Your average player in EVE has enough ISK & PLEX to play for free as an Omega for a couple of years at least. Only high sec new bro’s & the densest nullsec line monkeys need to pay dollar for PLEX.

Some peeps are happy with the state of the game to just pay a sub with IRL instead of making ISK, that is fair & a question of content taste but these players if required could easily PLEX with ISK.

Your average Nullsec alliance could fund their F1 line nuggets omega accounts for several years from their ISK & PLEX horde if needed alongside fleet reimbursements.

So you’re assuming that everyone with plex or omega time when the server closes will be reimbursed by ccp?

1 Like

Can you also cite some examples of games that have done this?