How hardcore is wormhole living?

A 50% survival rate. Let me jump for joy.

Happy to go through any of the above with you any time.

Doesn’t actually sound like you know what you’re talking about. Have lived in a WH over a year.

A properly scanned chain can allow lots of logistics to go on in wormhole space. If you know everything that is connected to you, you have a big advantage over anyone who happens to connect into that C4 five holes deep in your pipe.
Knowing as much about the “unknown” space where you operate is a very important element in living in Jspace.

If you know what you are doing, than WH Space is easy safe and fast Exits…if not…you die. That simple since years.

1 Like

Less easy than 0.0.
Less safe than 0.0 because there’s no Local and you can get trapped without probes. The only thing it’s really safer for is using siege mode, because you can verge all entrances to the system. Even then, someone can have logged off in your system.
And we’ve already established it can take hours to find a decent exit from a C5 or C6.

So basically it is about endless scanning and rolling instead of having PvE or PvP fun. If you are solo, of cause.

It’s also about waiting for and seizing opportunities for content (PvE or PvP) rather than getting the same thing all the time (most HS PvE).

Wormholes force you to do a bit of everything, which can be good and take you out of doing the same, supposedly fun thing that you end up getting sick of nonetheless.

3 Likes

Well if you only do sites in your system, there’s minimal scanning and maybe a WH or 2 to verge. Verging’s not too time consuming with 3+ BSs if you multitask, and is quick with a carrier.

The time consuming stuff is finding an exit, particularly from a c5/c6. There’s a collective groan when someone gets podded and needs a way in.

If you don’t want to be in a big corp, and you’re OK with scanning/rolling, then W-space is probably the best place to be. Not sure about solo though.

1 Like

Wingspan pilots fly solo most of the time. They can confirm there is plenty of scanning but also plenty of pvp and pve (I’ve seen them doing relic sites quite often).

Okay it’s kind of an off-topic question what type of ship do I need to kill the rats in a wormhole can a Cruiser or would I need to have a battleship?

That depends on the wormhole. At lower skills I would say:
class 1 - cruiser
class 2 - battlecruiser
class 3 - battleship
class 4 and up - fleet or multiboxed battleships

The sleeper data/relic sites in wormholes typically have a difficulty that’s one class higher than the regular combat anomalies, so class 1 would need a battlecruiser, etc…

Once you have decent skills, it probably becomes preferable to run c2/c3 in T2/T3/pirate cruisers instead.

My advice there would be find a good corp (of course I recommend the one I’m in :slight_smile: ) and take their advice. WH’s are going to be the perfect place to run the new Trig sites from too. Seal your home system for a while and hammer the sites.

Don’t forget the nice feature if you lose your citadel, you lose all its assets too, unlike k-space.

Certainly didn’t kill WH for a lot of people.

1 Like

a T1 or Navy frigate can get the job done for C1s or at least some of the sites, it takes much more time to clear but it compensates by being more agile and easier to replace.

this means of course knowing which anomalies and relic/data sites are the least dangerous along with a proper knowledge of your ship’s tanking potential, agility and most important, capacitor.

i havent checked shattered WHs yet, probably all of them are occupied but regular C1s are quite easy with those. gotta check with regular Destroyers.

the only real danger are the sentry drones and the neuts, some races are better at dealing with that but still needs a module management close to PvP, even Overheating in some cases.

You realize that this has been the case for w-space since it was first introduced in 2009, right?

The only difference was that you lived out of a POS. If you got evicted you still lost all of your stuff. Not to mention that if the POS was reinforced the CHA would be locked and you wouldn’t be able to grab anything out of it until the POS was repaired.

Your comment makes no sense, you are either trolling or really don’t know what you’re talking about.

1 Like

it snot so bad

You forgot to mention how little it cost to run a POS compared to now.

Also, now that you’re trolling, you forgot to mention that POS worked the same way in k-space, so why don’t citadels do?

1 Like

A good point, I can’t understand why there is something like asset Safety in K Space.

The costs depend on what you are doing. The Stuff in one Fortizar has been in about 6 to 10 Poses.

Of cause one small Pos is more expensive than a raitaru…but if you can’t afford a raitaru in WH Space than you are doing something realy wrong.

2 Likes

Because K-Space krabs wanted asset safety, we did not. They also had outposts that they could anchor that were literally stations, they never lost assets, at most they would be locked away if they lost the station. And they could still firesale their assets via contract.

A cloning center in an Astrahus/Fort/Keepstar requires 7.5 fuel blocks an hour to cycle. a Medium POS requires 20 fuel blocks an hour.

Citadels may require slightly more startup ISK. But they cost less to run, provide more safety/better defense, you can literally set the day when they come out, which is something you couldn’t do with a POS. And they provide you with more services.

You could never have more than one clone in W-Space. Anyone remember what that was like?

Yeah I’m the one trolling, and not the NPC alt posting on the forums. :joy:

1 Like

When CCP was making the citadels, they held a roundtable and asked what we wanted from citadels to keep things similar to POS when it came to evictions. Hence the timers are shorter.

We also asked for no asset safety. CCP had thought it was too harsh, but wormholers explained that we had always lost our stuff when a POS was destroyed, so no asset safety was keeping things like they were before and it also fit the space.

1 Like

“We”.