How have the resource changes effected you?

35 accounts!!! For the love of…

What will you do with upcoming further reduction 75% of all ore spawned in highsec?

I’ve not read about them reducing ore in HS by 75%. Do you have a link?

Ignore him, he has been posting rumours for a few weeks now. He can never produce a source.

Resource changes have not had much of an impact on how I play. If I can’t mine for something in hi-sec, I just buy what I need to produce my frigates. I’m not going to go to lo-sec no matter what is done with resource balancing/rebalancing.

2 Likes

ROFLMMFAO… Ya right.

That is the whole point of it thou, to get people to buy portions of what they need instead of just mine everything them selves’s, which increases the demand and makes it juicier for people to go mine in low, which didn’t work only the mega big alliances mine there with their supers on standby.

This is why supers in low sec is an abomination the space is meant for smaller groups.

1 Like

From what I see in these kind of gameplay changes, it makes the forums get more content.

You are the gameplay. You are the product. You are the resource.

1 Like

If you are upset with EVE that unsub or CCP will never change the stupidity of the ore change. CCP Rattati should be fired and sent back to wow.

2 Likes

I flat out stopped making stuff and moved all of my materials and blueprints into a highsec NPC station. And there they sit. I ran out of things to research and don’t plan on getting more.
I’ve never been into mining, but I love making things so I was doing it even though it’s like watching fruit rot, I found myself hoping gankers would come but with the changes CCP made I simply don’t do any of it now.
I did try buying materials but found very quickly that I could buy the stuff I wanted to make for a lot less than it cost to make. In some cases it was absurd, I know people now who buy ships to reprocess and make other ships out of them and make a profit, not something I’m into personally but it’s an interesting concept.

How have the resource changes effected you?

I’ve cancelled all my subs (except one which is plexed up until midyear) and now i’m saving up to 50 euros A MONTH! THANK YOU CCP!

2 Likes

CCP has managed to do more damage to my little industry side job than any ganker or awoxer can possibly hope to achieve; Basically, I’ve run out of minerals to produce basic materials. I used to do a little mining for a couples hours or for one night a week, just enough to keep industry going while staying close to home so I can help with response fleets. I have no interest in dealing with the headache of transporting/ordering minerals/ores just to make some basic T1 ammo and my region has NO module drops from rats that I could reprocess into raw minerals.

Between this, the ESS, and these other questionable ‘updates’ that just make me ask the question “Okay but why though?” I’ve stopped my subscription payments altogether.

3 Likes

I agree. Quit 2 years ago-I won’t go there- and returned a couple of months ago hopeful that things would be better. Big surprise on me, they managed to make things worse. The ore and ice thing just bogs my mind. How could anyone think the changes would improve the spread of peeps? All it did was make it so the charcters in high sec, null, and in the WH have much less to do. I don’t PVP and would not spend money that that was geared towards.I play industry, that’s all. Have 4 accounts…and don’t want to play a single toon out of the 12. Whoever came up with this “great” idea needs to be made a janitor or even more so, fired outright. Oh, and another thing. Never had many issues withe the “update” in the 13 years I’ve played (other than the .exe fiasco) until now. All kinds of things don’t work propely now and things just reset themselves to what ever they want. Can’t even let fleet members use the fleet use option on a newly built industrial ore ship.

2 Likes

I think this is glorious. They should turn all resources off and just bleed the game dry.

same here. i took my retriever out for a spin in low sec, and got joined by two newbies in their ventures. together we mined some dark ochre and gneiss. a local pirate even guarded us for a while in his stratios, i think. i saw him decloak and he didn’t attack anyone, lol. he was probably more puzzled than we were.

It’s good for low sec. People seem to have this irrational fear of lowsec for some reason. If you have a corp, it would be very lucrative to set up mining ops. The problem is that most of eve doesn’t do anything collaboratively. We multi-box or figure out the best fit to solo content and I’m guilty as anyone.

If it revitalizes low sec and gets people to play together more, then it’s a good thing imo.

You’re fighting an uphill battle there bud. You seem to forget that EVE’s lax rules on certain behaviors (that are otherwise condemned and banned in other games) has created a long history of infamous betrayals and the game’s had a notorious reputation for being filled with psychotic or sociopathic individuals and that nobody can be trusted. There are two main reasons why people I invite to EVE decline; “Lul, spreadsheet simulator!” and “I don’t want to play a game with a bunch of psychos.”

Put this into the reputation that low-sec gets; it’s often populated by players who some may describe as ‘psychos’. Hell, the low-sec pocket I first lived nearby used to have such an aggressive pvp group they literally chased everyone else out and ended up making themselves bored to the point where they started trying to gank everything in the nearby hisec systems because none of the locals wanted to go anywhere near that lowsec pocket again (and the pocket was far enough from any trade hub or travel route that few random players visited).

Players like having a degree of safety; to have some place where they can relax for a little bit. Industrialists aren’t interested in fighting; they just want to build stuff. When you consider how difficult or outright impossible it is to elevate the level of safety in lowsec to a point where industry is viable, its no wonder that CCP has had a very difficult time convincing people to move there. Add in the fact that so many of these lowsec pockets are highways to null and you’ve further increased the problem.

Really, if the rabid PVP types would just learn how useful it is to have an industrialist core who can provide supplies and also double as a nice, juicy bait to lure in other fighters, they could have the fights they want that’ll keep coming back for more. Then again, the majority ‘pvp’ types are far more interested in clubbing a baby seal than searching for a actual battle.

9 Likes

i make much more isk now. Prob why they are changing indy again

If no one goes there, then the prices of iso and nox will increase dramatically, creating an incentive for those that want to deal with lowsec.

I’ve lived in lowsec on and off for a few years now. It’s not bad if you know what you are doing. Again, friends help.

1 Like

Absolutely. I wish hi-sec industrial corps could form alliances with lo-sec corps for mutual benefit. We mine in your lo-sec or null systems, and in return we supply you with ships, weapons, etc. Do such alliances exist? From what I see it seems to be all or nothing. The pvp types hate everyone who isn’t them.

2 Likes

Well that’s how EVE works: if someone appears who isn’t known as friendly, he’s a potential threat.

Pvp types don’t ‘hate’ others who aren’t them, they merely shoot anyone who is a valid target, i.e. neutrals and reds.

Alliances with both pvp corporations and industrial corporations exist. So if you want to be in such a corporation or alliance, seach one to join or join an alliance with your industrial corporation.