How to avoid Traglivians

There’s way too much salt poured in these forum about Traglivians. :scream::sob:

So I thought I’d help the whiners and divulge the big secret on how to avoid that long-lost race of bastids who’ve come back to haunt the four - ahem - peaceful empires of New Eden.

Traglivians were invented by some fertile mind at CCP to accelerate destruction and bring balance to the fo- I mean, the Market and the general ecosystem of EVE.

I can’t blame CCP for coming up with the Traglivians, tho. If the players PvP’ed more instead of hoarding their assets like they’re expecting the end of the galaxy we wouldn’t be here arguing about the value that the Trigs bring to the ecosystem.

So… You can love them, hate them or… You can avoid them entirely.

Most of the players who run into Traglivians created their characters to fly in Gallente or Caldari space and are trying to take advantage of the mythical lower prices in that den of scammers and pirates in Jita.

First. Do yourself a favor and forget Jita. Turn your attention to the other trade hubs. Rens, Hek and Amarr.
Dodixie is in Sinq Laison and you’ll also encounter Trigs on your way to and from there.

Second. Make a trading/hauling alt that lives in Minmatar or Amarr space. The Trigs are practically non-existent there.
Yes you’ll spend a little more isk in those trade hubs but what’s the point of saving isk in Jita or Dodixie when you’ll get ganked by PvP players or blown up by Traglivians who appear seemingly by magic to create CCP’s ( justifiable ) destruction ?

Third. Fly in Amarr or Minmatar space, it’s really a whole different universe and you’ll be able to prosper but don’t forget the Low and Null security space in the East, South and West of New Eden. Those systems are less populated than HiSec or the Northern parts of N.E.

Lastly. Don’t expect to avoid PvP/Ganking/Griefing. They are an integral part of the game and some would argue that they are the main part of the game.

EVE was designed with destruction and big battles in mind. Hoarding is not helping anyone and if you can’t afford the losses then fly frigates or just don’t play.

I know that a lot of forum regulars will say that I’m full of it and that’s ok. I’m all for free speech.

I also know that I’ve been following those guidelines for 4 months and been able to play without salt :sob:

3 Likes

And, y’know, if you want to move through Trig-infested space, take 30 minutes, a cheap frigate, a clean clone, and some Pochven filaments and go hunt a Rogue Drone in Pochven - that’ll make the Trigs plenty happy with you and you can fly anywhere with minimal risk from the Trigs (sometimes they do still attack due to bugs - which you can report for reimbursement.)

1 Like

To be fair, you only get what was not dropped.

3 Likes

I put all Trig controlled systems on my avoidance list and when traveling I warp my ship manually from gate to gate to station. Haven’t seen any Trigs since Pochven was implemented. Course most of the travel I do to transport Trade goods is done in a sub 2sec align to warp Interceptor or Blockade Runner. I’ve also run some Combat Anomalies in Cruiser and still haven’t seen any Trigs.

1 Like

I almost wet my pants the other day when I warped to the new wormhole signature at 100km in the wormhole, and arrived at 0km in the middle of piles of ships. Was also large system so I had nothing at first on the dscan. Should probably always warp first to the nearby celestials soon. :sweat_smile: :v:

2 Likes

The best is to keep them more than 80km away and in optimal, use MWD. :grin:

1 Like

I don’t think I should HAVE to jump through that loop JUST to avoid getting blown up by the Destroyers of Assets.

It’s a SANDBOX, meaning I dhould be free to play however I want and not be forced to do something because CCP has brainfarts.

2 Likes

Sure, but it’s good information to include in avoiding getting blown up if you decide you do want to go where these NPCs now live. They are present. They are part of the environment. If you want to move through that space, knowing how to do so with reduced risks helps.

1 Like

Or you could operate out of Hek and still do the “pop into Pochven in a cheap cruiser” activity. Ironically, a couple of alts will need to do that to make friends with Edencom.

1 Like

You can also doing the same with edencom, destroy rogue drones and drifter until you are neutral to them
Boom. no more problem

1 Like

So… basically to avoid inconveniences added by CCP to make their big project popular you have to play with this project even if you are not interested in it. Yeah, not theme park at all…

3 Likes

How to avoid Traglivians

Some people say wearing garlic will do the trick…

–Doubtful Gadget

2 Likes

Oh ok, yes, it does help indeed o7
Sorry for the whine :joy:

1 Like

Next thing you know it’ll be a guided tour.

They’ll have a Pack for sale: Garlic + a Cross + a Hammer & Stake but hey! 110 PLEX + 1-day Omega for 14,99 :smiley:

1 Like

The Nospheratu Pack !

If CCP wants to burn up in game items like ships and minerals they could bribe people by giving skins to people for cheaper ships, captain awesome implants for the more expensive ships, see if people would send ships into an abyss like interface like we do with modules with Mutaplasmid.

I’m sure people would burn up a lot of ships that way and people having to build new ones would use up stocks of minerals and move isk if people sell those skins and captain awesome implants on the hypernet and market.

Yikes! I would’ve been frozen in place barely able to think of my next move!

Thanks for the tip o7

1 Like

Implants can be captained ? O.o I guess I need to brush up on my English, but ok, I’ll go with it…

Possibly. Although I myself do not get so excited by Skins. Now if all the ships were just bland ( aluminum-like tint ) then I could see the appeal, but I think all the ships already look cool without the skins.
Not only that but we already get free skins for every kind of ships at login.
The other day I got a skin for shuttle and another one couple days later for frigate.
I think that bribe would be sneered at.

:whale: :whale: :wink: