Triglavian ganking is awful

I’ve not lost… 3 or 4 ships to these stupid frigging triglavians.

I’m not AFK, but I had the sound turned down so in each instance I’ve looked away from the screen for five ■■■■■■■ seconds and then… DEAD.

In the latest instance I was in 0.8 sec space WITH NO CURRENT INVASION OR WARNING, warped into a planetary customs office and then brought up the planetary infrastructure screen… Then I was dead.

So far I’ve probably lost 100mil to triglavian ganks in hisec. Because I looked away for a few seconds.
I don’t play the game much, so to me that’s a reasonable amount.

These triglavians kill you SO fast and their locations are just completely random. There’s simply nothing that can be done.

It’s really ■■■■ and I’m sure I’m not the only person on the verge of quitting as a result.

9 Likes

Maybe you should learn from your mistakes to use the right ships/fits for mining? My Skiff had no issue with the recons.

EDIT: read about the custom office … maybe tank your hauler? Also you don’t need to be anywhere near the custom office to manage your PI. Only for the 5s of grabbing/offloading the PI stuff.

5 Likes

I completely disagree

It is one of the best things CCP has done. It makes mining more fun and actually makes paranoia even more worth while.

I nearly had a mining ship scratched by these NPCs.

3 Likes

Ok, I’m being a jerk.

Nothing can be done? You can tank a ship, many ways: attention-tank, ISK-tank, tank-tank.

I’d think you get more sympathy if you’d ask for advice on how to avoid losing ships to the Triglavians rather than complaining the game is too hard. There is, after all, a friggin’ invasion going on!

8 Likes

Buy a triglavian mining permit. :wink:

12 Likes

CCP seriously needs to sell these in the NES. Not that they’d stop the trig attacks, but it’d be hilarious to see how many people would try and buy them.

3 Likes

I was doing some testing on Singularity and it turns out that Triglavians ships won’t attack you at all if you keep at least 100 PLEX in your cargo.

I’m not sure if it’s a bug or not.

Forward this pro-tip to 10 of your friends and Bill Gates will give you a million dollars.

Anyway you can also proximity-tank triglavians by leaving highsec.

7 Likes

100 PLEX in your cargo. The Triglavians would get a chance, people would have parasite players all over them.

My friend have lost over half his character wealth since the Triglavian Invasion has started. He is a newbro and only plays maybe twice a week and is also alpha. He explores mostly and he is running into the issue of the Triglavians warping in while he is hacking and blowing him up before he can warp away.

I would also point out that Triglavians Invasions are disproportionally effecting miner and indy players more then any other play style.

The Triglavion Invasion is maybe hitting the bots or afk miners hard but I also know that they are killing active mining in High Sec. I would expect the monthly report to show that this coming month.

4 Likes

Friends don’t let friends live in highsec.

4 Likes

Speaking of Wich, triglavians doing a way better job than CODE! and best part is you don’t need to listen to nonsense in local/forums

3 Likes

they are also roaming low sec now

2 Likes

Move to null. Goonswarm is recruiting.

HAhahahahaha

no thanks, i usually get the monthly give has isk for a super and all your stuff to move to null and you can apply when your not in empire mail

Well of course, Triglavs have at least some intelligence - even if it’s only the artificial kind.

To OP:

The recon scouts can show in any system, no warnings given. Tank your ships more, do PI while tethered at a citadel, start using D-Scan before you jump and after, maybe ask in local if anyone has seen Trigs in system.

Basically, high sec has never been safe. But it’s now even more randomly unsafe than it used to be. Time to stop treating it like a stroll in the park and more like crossing a busy intersection with no lights.

3 Likes

Do it inside a citadel! It’s going to be pretty obvious what a hauler’s doing if they warp to a poco after moving their extractors around, and a player who happens to wait and see where the empty hauler goes will certainly figure that out quickly if their brackets are set up right. The less free information a player offers the better.

You only need to be in space to drop a CC or to extract from the poco. Everything should be staged so that you can warp to the poco, get your ■■■■, and get back into warp asap. Do a trial run if it’s your first time on those planets to make sure you won’t bounce of the poco, and adjust the order you visit the planets accordingly.

5 Likes

What is “fun” about beeing killed in 5 seconds?

You have a VERY strange definition of “fun”…

There should be NO high end content bothering ALL players…things like this belong into staged areas…

6 Likes

Thats why theres no wandering world bosses in MMOs these days…

Oh wait

1 Like

I am a paranoid EvE player, they haven’t broken my tank yet.

That is the difference between Greed and paranoia, I actually have less to worry about.

17kEHP and some repping:

[Epithal, Epithal fit]

Damage Control II
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Reinforced Bulkheads II

Medium Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 50

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]