Triglavian Ganking

Hey everyone,
have you experienced any triglavian unprovoked ganking at all? I’m assuming form the look of it it’s to do with an AFK time as I’d stepped away for a moment… but the Damivik frigates warping around have ganked an indy ship doing PI and cruiser in a belt from ratting… I’ve not seen anything else about this anywhere?

Wondering if I’m going mad or if anyone else has experienced it!

4 Likes

From: https://www.eveonline.com/article/pvysmm/patch-notes-for-august-2019-release

6 Likes

I guess that’s true, I did see that, thus far of course recon vessels haven’t fired unless provoked! I guess things are changing!

2 Likes

you are confusing Sleeper drones with triglavians. Triglavian “recon” damaviks roam random systems in gangs of 3-4 and attack players on gates, stations, celestials, belts. They dont have tackle so victims have to be afk or poorly tanked.

8 Likes

You know, the Triglavians are invading highsec right now so it makes sense they might want to shoot you as part of that Invasion, unprovoked.

14 Likes

I lost a cloaked scanning ship to Triglavians. I was in a safespot with no structures or celestials on grid. So they spawned/warped to me in the middle of nowhere, and decloaked me. I was pooping at the time so didn’t have the pleasure of watching what happened.

Then, being the dumb person I am, went AFK (while tethered) in a Confessor… came back to my pod and Triglavians scanning me. Nice.

I think this is great. I think these Triglavians should spawn all over HiSec and should be stronger when you go lower in system security rating.

7 Likes

Now that’s interesting.

7 Likes

“UNPROVOKED” ???

WE invaded THEIR space first…:slight_smile:

10 Likes

In highsec they don’t seem to be using tackle (yet) so it’s easy to get away if you’re alert. This seems to be a counter for what Hilmar called “low-attention gameplay” - appropriate in the chaos era!

6 Likes

Think they invaded ours first with scout ships

2 Likes

Really? Can we get a confirmation on this?

same, need confirmation they can warp to cloaked people.

1 Like

yeah the trigs can shut down the tether, ive bee watching the trigs froma citadel when they warped to station, scanned it, thether stopped and i was locked

6 Likes

What the heck?

3 Likes

They also use neuts and webifiers. I ran across some just warping to a random planet.

I think CCP may be trying to get hisec capsuleers to form up into fleets to fight these pesky scouts.

Miners and belt ratters seem to be the hardest hit so far (zkill stats). Miners need to stay aligned and don’t afk…

2 Likes

none of that prevents you from warping away, if anything webifiers help you to align and warp out faster (if you start to align before web landed).

2 Likes

well being neuted could keep you from warping, you kind of need cap for that. so if you wait to long you will get zapped out.

4 Likes

you will warp for short distance anyway as long as your cap isnt 0.

3 Likes

I also enabled Entity/ Invading Precursor Entities in my overview settings. They were off by default lol.

1 Like

That’s amazing! I’m so happy about this!

3 Likes