How to configure the launcher for 64 bit version, How to configure the launcher for 32 bit version

Judging by the timing of your most recent message, should I assume there is nothing to (even partially) fix Mac issues in today’s update?

I’m just thinking that for those Mac users who do not read here, I hope they get a notification to let them know all is fixed when the time comes.

It’s not just Mac users that have these problems: not able to log in, black screens, warp-crashes… September Release - Known Issues

Communication on this is terrible. :-1:

This is not a working product. Have the coders make all these changes for the mac launcher and then reset them once the bugs have been fixed. This is stupid.

best,

Galatik

What do you expect? They got very small to no Mac-Team. The Mac-Client is just to gain some extra income but quality is a different thing! As a company, i would never release such crap! Install Windows 10 – problem solved…

We have been communicating with the developers regarding the issues that have affected MacOS users, and we are happy to let you know that these issues should now be resolved with the latest version of wine and this is considered to be a permanent fix to these issues rather than any previously provided workarounds.

This latest update should ensure compatibility with the 64 bit version of the client, resolve any issues with the client not starting properly or repeatedly crashing as well as that the game should continue to work after updating to Catalina.

For this change you will need to change your wine to the latest version. To do this please do the following:

• Start the launcher.
  • Click on EVE launcher in the apple menu at the top left corner of the screen.
  • Select preferences.
  • Enable ‘Run clients with 64 bit’.
  • Make sure that ‘Use Dev version’ is not enabled.
  • Make sure wine version is set to latest. If it is already on latest switch to wine-4.17-Staging-winehq-binary-208, close the preference window and open again and switch back to latest. This is to fix those launchers that may be stuck on old wine versions that are no longer available.
  • Click Ok.
  • Close the launcher and the client if either is running.
  • In finder, click Go to Folder and copy paste the following:
    “~/Library/Application Support/EVE Online/p_drive/Local Settings/Application Data/CCP/EVE/SharedCache”

You should see a folder named wine – move that folder to trash. Restart your launcher and wait for a few minutes for the launcher to update before starting the game again.

1 Like

I might add, I just did the above and Eve won’t launch at all now …

The launcher boots up, I click a character, the ‘play’ button briefly flashes grey then back to blue. It says ‘added one account to start up queue’ but nothing happens.

Shared Cache Settings: It doesn’t verify and says ‘Some indices were not available’

25|690x388

Resolution: Completely deleted Eve and downloaded again from the website.

Thanks for investigating this one CCP. Client no longer crashes when I’m trying to warp.

Will keep an eye on performance though.

That most likely means that wine got corrupt. I recommend you delete the wine folder and then start the launcher. Wait at least 10 minutes before logging in or hitting play. Otherwise you may lock files in place before the launcher has updated. Causing wine to get corrupt again.

Ah, I was expecting to see some sort of download activity. Ok I’ll flag that to other guys in our alliance / coalition.

Thanks for fixing the MAC issues @GM_Mechanic (and the team).

I can confirm I’m running perfectly on 64bit.

V

2 Likes

After successful login, I get no window upon launch and loglite shows:

1 : blue.BlueOS: BlueOS::Startup(): InitVerificationContext failed
0 : {2148073497:Unknown} in in unknown source: CryptAcquireContext

That most likely means your wine install is corrupt. Either reinstall EVE from scratch or delete the wine folder in the shared resource cache folder called sharedcache.

As I explained in a previous post in this thread after having tried the previously suggested procedure to switch to 64-bit mode, it’s precisely removing the wine folder as described what causes the client launch failures afterwards.

Only by not following the procedure as described, and switching back and forth between 32-bit and 64-bit modes without removing the wine folder could I fix that problem again…

Other than that, I may confirm EvE runs beautifully in 64-bit mode with maxed quality settings now and I haven’t had any stability issues so far.

Oh boy.

After doing the forklift install on the Mac and selecting 64 bit, login is okay but when in station the background is black, fitting tool shows no ship, PI shows no visual only black… what now?

I am presently restoring backups from last night prior to this unpleasant experience to see if I cannot go down the path described by Knowledgeminer…

Bummer… I could not get this to work. I opened a support ticket…

What I described is to fix the client launch failure (i.e. inability to launch the client at all) that may happen as a result of deleting the wine folder when configuring the launcher to run the client in 64-bit mode, not to fix any problems you may encounter while actually running the client if you happen to be able to launch it. Any such issues while running the client in 64-bit mode are supposed to have been fixed already if you’re using the latest version of wine…

Thanks for your input. I am having black background in Station and black PI screen and black ship fitting window issues on my Mac running the latest version of Wine. I tested and reproduced the results with a “clean” install of a factory download of Eve so I am at a loss for words here.

maxOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, late 2014)
Processor 4 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 32 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

And for reference the 64 Bit setup was working prior to September 12, 2019.

Black screen behind UI Elements is a known issue and being looked into, is not related to wine as it is also occurring for Windows users.

The issue with starting clients after deleting wine occurs only if you start the client before the launcher has downloaded and updated wine (this is a bug, you’re not supposed to be able to). Switching between 32 and 64 will effectively cause then launcher to update the files that were locked the first time which is why that works if no client is running.