How to easily PLEX from ALPHA to OMEGA with in-game activities

As an Alpha character, one of the best things you can do is Exploration. You can easily make a good 300m - 400m ISK a day with only maybe around 2-3 hours or so invested.

The most underrated place to Explo as an Alpha is really low class wormholes. I know a LOT of people are scared of wormholes because of no local, or the fear that someone is always cloaked and ready to kill you at any moment. And while that may be true, you should be aware that Wormholes are almost entirely uninhabited most of the time.

If you’re freaking out, you can always toss the J-code into zkillboard to see what the recent activity was. Almost all the time, you’ll find out that the wormhole has maybe one or two kills a week, sometimes one or two a month.

Set a safe limit for yourself, for example, if at any point, you scoop 100m ISK worth of goods, you’ll stop exploring, go back out through the chain, and drop off the goods into a station. I wouldn’t recommend bringing a Mobile Depot into wormholes unless you’re okay with rage scanning through several dozen wormholes in an attempt to try and find the same wormhole again.

Bookmark the Entry/Exit wormholes so that you don’t have to waste time probing them down again.

You have to realize that like 90% of EVE players are absolute trash at the game, and most of them are just as afraid of wormholes (or even seeing another ship on Dscan inside a wormhole) as you might be. The smartest of players will be able to take advantage of that and snag a ton of loot from low class Wormhole Relic sites, while everyone else is huddling around highsec too scared to leave because of “what ifs~”.

Though real talk, as an Alpha, you should not be trying to turn this game into a job. Trying to plex yourself each month should not be the goal of the game, or you’re just going to burn out and start getting real salty at anyone and everything that slows you down.

You’ll stop looking at pvp as a fun experience, and more as a “oh my god, I got ganked and lost my loot, there goes 3 hours of work trying to PLEX”, which will only make you more bitter and angry. A lot of those angry posts about how it’s “unfair” that PvPers can gank others are just that. Don’t be one of those.

9 Likes