How to easily PLEX from ALPHA to OMEGA with in-game activities

ok you are tilting…I’m just going to ignore you from now on…

EDIT I just wanted to add that this thread was created just for you to hopefully see/read and get ideas on how to PLEX your account in game…I also suggested Clones in your original thread…

Oh I’m tilting? You literally devalued my hard-work and called me a lazy piece of ■■■■ not but half an hour ago.

You aren’t posting ■■■■■■■■ on these forums while I can still call you out on it.

2 Likes

Yes, this is exactly it.
Most of your time will be spent figuring out what is that will make you good margins.

The market flows around now-and-then, and something that is profitable 2 months ago won’t be profitable now. Likewise, you’ll also want to spend some time paying attention to CCP’s patch notes, updates for in-game changes, as well as social media like the forums, twitter, or r/eve to pay attention to how major players in EVE are planning to move.

For example, I’ve heard (through the grapevine) that Goons are planning a big strike in Jita to protest the Blackout changes. They’re planning on using Catalysts, Light Neutron Blasters, Mag Stab IIs, and such, to gank anything and everything. Afterwards, they usually switch to Coercers and Small Beam Laser IIs. So I’ve taken some time to invest a bit into those to see if it pays off.

Same thing when a major nullsec bloc announces a war. You can check their zkillboard stats to see what kind of ships are their main doctrines, and look to start investing into those. A lot of their line members are lazy and won’t prepare their own ships, so their stockers will import from Jita. Maybe they have a bad fight and lose a bunch of ship, guess what, they’ll want to quickly restock their doctrines and that usually means panic buying from Sell Orders (even if they’re a little overpriced) just so they can rebuild their stockpile again.

There’s a LOT of stuff that happens that will give you hints and tips on how the market flows. THAT is where you should be spending your time. You should NOT be spending your time fighting for 0.01 ISK.

6 Likes

Plus any indi things tied to the production of those ships/mods are also going to be climbing…

I don’t do much speculation mind you as I’m mostly solo so my ear is not so close to the ground.

Although this is technically true, it can be misleading. You really need about 120-130mil isk/day to PLEX your Alpha account to Omega, AND to be able to get ahead and/or have fun.

Netting about 1-1.5bil isk/month after clearing all costs is about where the average person starts to have to freedom in the game to start having fun. Trying to earn that 3-4bil isk/month to PLEX and have fun is where it can start to feel like work, IMHO.

2 Likes

Very true…I was speaking in more of an absolute where you never lost or bought anything extra…basically work to play the game for free. Anything extra is on top of that…

1 Like

As an Alpha character, one of the best things you can do is Exploration. You can easily make a good 300m - 400m ISK a day with only maybe around 2-3 hours or so invested.

The most underrated place to Explo as an Alpha is really low class wormholes. I know a LOT of people are scared of wormholes because of no local, or the fear that someone is always cloaked and ready to kill you at any moment. And while that may be true, you should be aware that Wormholes are almost entirely uninhabited most of the time.

If you’re freaking out, you can always toss the J-code into zkillboard to see what the recent activity was. Almost all the time, you’ll find out that the wormhole has maybe one or two kills a week, sometimes one or two a month.

Set a safe limit for yourself, for example, if at any point, you scoop 100m ISK worth of goods, you’ll stop exploring, go back out through the chain, and drop off the goods into a station. I wouldn’t recommend bringing a Mobile Depot into wormholes unless you’re okay with rage scanning through several dozen wormholes in an attempt to try and find the same wormhole again.

Bookmark the Entry/Exit wormholes so that you don’t have to waste time probing them down again.

You have to realize that like 90% of EVE players are absolute trash at the game, and most of them are just as afraid of wormholes (or even seeing another ship on Dscan inside a wormhole) as you might be. The smartest of players will be able to take advantage of that and snag a ton of loot from low class Wormhole Relic sites, while everyone else is huddling around highsec too scared to leave because of “what ifs~”.

Though real talk, as an Alpha, you should not be trying to turn this game into a job. Trying to plex yourself each month should not be the goal of the game, or you’re just going to burn out and start getting real salty at anyone and everything that slows you down.

You’ll stop looking at pvp as a fun experience, and more as a “oh my god, I got ganked and lost my loot, there goes 3 hours of work trying to PLEX”, which will only make you more bitter and angry. A lot of those angry posts about how it’s “unfair” that PvPers can gank others are just that. Don’t be one of those.

9 Likes

Pure Gold…great post. Added to the OP with credit of course…

or:

• Buy 6 months omega with real money

• Have fun with your game. Do what you want Do the things talked about in this thread if you want with no pressure.

• The isk will come as you get experience, don’t fall into the trap of making a game a second job just so you can “play” more of your second job.

• Enjoy your real life, enjoy your game, don’t waste your time doing things like babysitting your market orders over .01-isk changes.

7 Likes

Work an hour every 3 months.

Pay for Omega.

1 Like

Where do you like that offers job opportunities like this?

Yes, that’s one option…there are others…hence the thread for those interested.

I rob banks for a living.

1 Like

Instead of setting yourself a 100m or so limit before you dump as an alpha (especially if you’re shallow diving from hisec where re-entering the hole isn’t an issue… and 50-100m is a lot of isk), consider warping to a safe and dumping your booty in a can before running the next site.

If you get snagged in your quad stabbed Magnate by Johnny Faction-Scram (+1) you can always come back and grab your lolly.

1 Like

Foggy Bernstein is right, just mow the old lady neighbor’s lawn and save yourself the time.

1 Like

Pretty much true.

Nah, not really; certainly not with running relic sites - though im guessing you mean a full skilled alpha?

True, not even for the sites, just for the back routes into the quiet little null systems - but if you in a 3 mil isk frigate… the risk is negligible.

and google it, find ellathas site and see where the statics lead. all routes lead to k-space… eventually.

Yeh, pretty much what most players come into the game thinking atm… certainly for alphas. shame really.

1 Like

“a day” is a very broad and undefined timeframe. 1-2mil SP Alpha is capable of doing T3 Abyss sites quickly and comfortably (fricking gilas…).

1 million isk sp will barely get you into a gila let alone being able to fit it right i believe, unsure about 2 mil sp - currently my alpha has around 900k sp.
BUT a day mmm easy enough to make 100mil a day but in 1 or 2 hours not so much; unless lady lucks on your side.

no prop-mod-full-passive monstosity is rather easy to fit.

:open_mouth:

NUUUUUU!!!