How to get more people to play eve

There was no buff to ganking, there was a buff to tracking perhaps you mean that? i think thats why people swapped to catalysts.
Before we used thrashers and even hurricanes (pre tornado). Gankings been around a long time, but theres been no direct ‘buffs’ to it afaik. Only nerfs to other playstyles. Some of which is probably justified in one way or another but making highsec completely safe well, theyd have to take plex away and mess with the ore and isk so that whilst you could earn these in high, they would have no effect on everywhere else.

I dont think that would work.

Right now i cant think of anything that could work properly though and tbvh i dont really have the time or enthusiasm to even try to write a comprehensive list of possible solutions when it will be skipped over by everyone an i wont get paid for my time.

It was a DPS buff, when you go from something like 260 to over 650. So it made ganking barges a lot cheaper. I cannot remember the exact change and it may well have been to the guns themselves, but the change was in the range that I detailed.

they buffed barge ehp…

Two and a half years later… and it depend son the ship, in fact the Hulk has a slightly worse tank…

i think your mistaken about a damage buff to blasters, im not going to go through all the patches. but 99%sure the only buff was to tracking.

My response is because people think (not just miners or EVE players for that matter) that they are entitled to the game play that they want and if it changes negatively for them, well then the devs are idiots, the hate the players, the game is dying, I’m leaving and taking all my toys with me…etc…

I absolutely loath that mentality.

My last endeavor was station bashing which was easy but tough at the same time…took down about 60 station with my crew before taking time off. Tried to get back into it but the timers are buffed in favor of the stations now so I moved onto something else (plus the price of PLEX would have put a dent into my warchest).

Point of my cool story (bro) is that you adapt or move on…and you do not moan endlessly about it in the forums in the hopes that you will get your way.

You are under some sort of mis-reading or your reading comprehension skills are a bit lacking. I am talking about cause and effect, you seem to think I am moaning, that is your issue, deal with it. In any case hisec miners adapted, they won Eve by giving up on it.

I agree with that. Note that I am merely pointing out a cause that had the effects that I detailed.

So why did small blasters in a catalyst go from 262 DPS to over 650 DPS, I can’t remember what it was, but that was the result. I remember going through the changes with my alliance FC’s and they were pretty excited about doing ganking fleets in hisec.

tracking buf, damage was applied to rails.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/430571-eve-online/61176006

i cant find this damage buff to blasters?

I don’t know what you are trying to prove, there was a change that massively increased the DPS of the catalyst in 2011 or even late 2010, but I thought I was in Pirate Nation. So the Catalyst became the go to ganking ship. It happened, but I cannot remember the exact details of the changes but the changes you are referring to happened afterwards from my recollection.

It might have been something specific to destroyers as a class even. I seem to remember something specific to destroyers, it was a long time ago, but I certainly recall the impact.

no, blasters just didnt apply well enough before, for example a medium blaster fit thorax would get rofl stomped by a small blaster fit thorax.

Because of tracking.

catalyst has always had three lows but maybe because fitting requirements were changed too so cat could fit more.

But this was not a buff to ganking; people were already ganking in thrashers and canes.

I think this was it…

Maybe that is what it was but in the change the possible DPS of the Catalyst changed massively. It made it a useful ship, but they did not think though the impact of that change on the game as a whole, in that it made it too cheap to gank IMO of course.

It changed the impact in terms of ganking mining barges and exhumers. There are reasons to use Arty in terms of an Alpha strike, as compared to raw DPS.

Yes, tbh blasters werent in the right place before.

But you wouldn’t be if your for 100% safety for everyone in highsec.

Is that what your advocating?

Seriously…

im not scrolling all the way back to make 100% sure

nah too much stuff to scroll through sorry.

waaaaayyyy too mucch

Well at least you sort of apologised. I don’t know why people go off on making that type of comment when people talk about balance. Yeah sounds really balanced to make hisec 100% safe. As I said seriously…?

Or did you do the old, nullsec no safety, hisec full safety thing in your own mind?

there are a couple on here lmao

Forums tbh arent really all that great for communication, everything just gets lost in translation…

What did you just call my mother?

1 Like

Well I am not one of them.

True, in fact I liked quite a few of your posts in other threads and you are an active real PvP player.

1 Like