How to increase eve player count

That’s when you tell him to fly a role more suited to the skills and wallet of a newbie, such as tackle or ewar, so he can immediately contribute to your group rather than waiting 6 months.

Also, 6 months to fly a cruiser? Was he looking at T2 cruisers or something?

If players are unwilling to wait a while before they can progress into new ships, and if they want to have access to everything right now, then maybe they aren’t suited for EVE. Making plans for short, medium and long term is a big part of the game.

8 Likes

Looks like a case of the blind leading the blind rather than a problem with the game.

13 Likes

It is funny reading all these player ideas. As bad as CCP is, it is clear to me that most players would make even worse decisions if they were in charge.

15 Likes

He’s right though.

Why did you tell your newbie friend he had to fly a T2 Cruiser to join you? Your friend is just a new player that may not know better, but you as an experienced player should know that there are better options for new players to fly - options that do not take 6 months of training.

11 Likes

I got my 1st pvp kill inside 30 days because the FC put me in a ship I could fly and a place in the fleet where I could do some good.

New players cant kill anything my arse.

6 Likes

I think that untill CCP made all the changes in the last year and a half, or maybe two that skill training was one of the things that gave me (and I would bet others) a sense of future. My first character had skills all over the place for a long time and it was a mess, when I got interested in stealth bombers though all of a sudden I saw serious progress and could feel the results in other ships.
The changes they made though had a profoundly detrimental effect on other interests causing my to have wasted training on things that either were no longer interesting or worth doing.
The first was back when they killed about half a year of tank training in one update, but I thought that was something they would later balance back out (they didn’t). Then they kept doing it untill every update was something to dread. Now I don’t fly any of the ships I like, I do things in ways that are stressful and tedious when they used to be fun. And I find my self sitting there spinning my ships and wondering what I can do that is new and interesting. I’ve also started giving less of a ■■■■ and it’s getting me killed because I’m not paying attention.
What I wonder though is how people who didn’t experience these things as changes see Eve, maybe some of them see it like I did and think “holy crap! It’s limitless”. I also worry about CCP noticing that they are having fun and deciding to do something about it.

3 Likes

It’s pretty clear you fast tracked your friends into a doctrine. Told them where to be and when to be there. What to train, what to fly etc. And gave them no alternatives. No self determination.

Basically you treated them like your alts rather than supported their game experience. You used them.

You are the problem here.

15 Likes

I don’t agree with that. First off someone with skill points and little experience is usually toast, second the skill training gives you time to learn what you have access to before progressing on to something else. Third, telling some new person “you can’t fly with me because you need THIS specific ship” is a little off, why can’t they? What are they going to do, obstruct your view of the system you are in? At worst for them, they would maybe die, but at worst for you they would provide cannon fodder… That’s sounds cynical but it’s true. Hell, they might even confuse the enemy by doing things they don’t understand.

8 Likes

That I agree with 100%
Maybe don’t make them lose it but make them keep doing PvP missions till they do lose.

While I agree for the most part. I don’t play as much anymore so I pay far more attn than I need to just in case I missed something CCP pulled. But I do see your point as I got to the same frustration level, unsubbed all my acct’s. (3) Subbed this one again just to reach certain skill goals that I will never use it seems.

Take a break like I did and some others are still doing. A lot of us seem to be waiting for CCP to figure out how to pull their head outta their arse one day

Go help a life long friend restore the 69 Camaro his had since high school… :wink:

8 Likes

None of my friends have a 69 Camaro :confused:

Free cake. That would work.

Then you should get at least just one! :smirk:

Edit; This should just up your ally!
Scientific Survey: Master thesis on the gender gap in EVE Online - Communications Center / General Discussion - EVE Online Forums

I learned a new word: “detersive”

2 Likes

Spend 3 hrs hanging a stupid door while drinking :beers: and see how well spell chk works for you. Take the survey… :rofl:

1 Like

None of my daughters will play Eve - there are barely any pink ships. My wife won’t play because she cannot just hang out, decorating the captain’s quarters and customizing her shoes :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I feel your pain. I built my wife’s toon to perfectly accompaniment this toon, but alas, she says it looks to hard…

So now I run dual screens.

Like most “newbie friendly” groups then.

1 Like

Everything in EVE is easier to gain in EVE than trust.

2 Likes

So you are both you and married to you? How’s that work?