How to make ganking and AG a play style

Icecreeper Stalkpacker

1 Like

I only want what I had once paid for.

I was promised something and want to collect.

Aiko’s corpses should be available through contracts. No need to find one yourself.

Oh and I started to use the frosted blue background long before Aiko so who is stalking who here?
Aiko-before

I think we vote on who gets to keep using the frosted background for their Avatar.

Stop using the frosted background it is bad luck!
James-315

Careful what you wish for, you will chase her till she catches you.

1 Like

I dont understand it. In theory CCP removed docking and tethering to increase the number of “legitimate targets” for AG right? (or was to reduce griefing?.. it is all so confuse) AG should be swimming in kills compared to pre-patch times…

To confirm my hypothesis I went to zkill but found this… New Eden Police Force | Corporation | zKillboard

Their greatest achievement today was to lose a Kronos and a pod against the trigs.

Well, I hope CCP fixes this problem. Perhaps by allowing alpha gankers again to increase the amount of “legitimate targets”… :thinking:

1 Like

But highsec PvP ( aka ganking ) has always been quite implicitly a part of the game without anyone having to spell it out. There is no conceivable reason for having different security levels…0.5 to 1.0…within highsec unless there is something you are ‘less safe’ from in the lower levels. And it would be pointless having Concord unless that ‘less safe’ was from player PVP as Concord do not respond to NPC attacks. So the very structure of highsec is based upon the existence of highsec player piracy. There is no other reason for it to be the way it is.

Thus CCP do no even need to come out and say ’ we support highsec ganking ’ as that support is quite implicit in the very design of highsec.

Thats the problem, it’s implicit if you look for it very hard

Should be very explicit because the community is tearing each other up and nerfs are comming year after year, EVE is the most toxic game with the most toxic people I have ever seen and CCP just sat aside without addressing the content properly

Well, I don’t care anymore anyway, I threw these at the table because Githany asked my thoughts about it

Good luck to yall

1 Like

I regret to inform you that it is hard to find good help these days.

1 Like

I think the patch must be broken. I killed 98 ventures during the free omega week (for science). I thought Uprising was meant to protect non-valuable targets?

Not sure why it would increase targets, we have seen less ganking with the gankers that once use tether that’s all.
The change happened to stop the tethering of massive flashy reds fleets, which had been diminishing anyway.

If gankers can’t handle the changes they will change how they gank or stop, which is bad for AG.
So calm down ganker and stop blubbering

So really just a toll post to try and get a laugh from a pve Encounter.

what? you telling me that the patch was designed to protect some rich freighter owners instead of protecting the rookies?

• Griefing of new players and low value targets
  • Risk vs Reward dynamic of Abyssal Deadspace filaments
  • Shortage of legitimate player targets in high security space

It’s important to distinguish between Highsec ganking and griefing. Highsec ganking is a valid and necessary playstyle, where players will ‘suicide gank’ high value targets and offset the loss of their ships from the loot and salvage gained from their target.

Griefing, on the other hand, is where players ‘suicide gank’ low value targets (often new players) using relatively cheap ships allowing them to absorb the losses with very few consequences.

However, some players have found a way to bypass this by placing structures next to gates and then tethering to them. Empire faction police will not attack players when tethered, regardless of security status meaning other players have no meaningful way to disrupt those tethered.

Ok, let me join pices here. And check the bold part.

To protect rookies from griefing and enforce their vision of what is ganking and what is not, they decided to remove tethering and docking to remove the big flashy red multiplayer fleets which
1- never aim for rookies.
2- they are organized to hunt high value tanky targets in big ships.

I see some little contradictions here.

In addition and as I supposed, they mention “meaning other players have no meaningful way to disrupt those tethered.

Ok these changes wanted to make the life easier for you the AG, but you are telling me that it is not making your live easier, and judging by your zkill It is producing the opposite effect.

Then this patch did not make your live easier when disrupting gankers, it does not protect rookies by any means, and it goes against CCPs definition of what is ganking and what is not. Who was advincing CCP? some old whale with big ships who likes to cross Uedama in autopilot?

4 Likes

and to finalize

If gankers can’t handle the changes they will change how they gank or stop, which is bad for AG.

There is a change no one can handle. The alpha red safety ban in Highsec. I know CCP took it as a “preventive” measure but thats ■■■■■■■■.

To avoid players attempting to work around these new rules using Alpha clones, we are preemptively removing the ability for Alpha clones to disable safety while in high security space.

I trained new gankers or gave advice to them (which of course were testing ganking with alpha toons), and believe it or not, since they are rookie gankers… they were hunted waaay more often by AG.
If you want your legitimate targets back, you better beg to CCP to remove that “feature”.

1 Like

This can be exploited, ships like Tornado already does their job by firing once, and then you can oneshot them with your alt and claim rewards.

1 Like

We can’t have that

It’s extremely implicit, and no you don’t have to look hard at all. The entire design of highsec implies PvP. Given that Concord only respond to PvP actions, there’d be no reason whatever for having them unless PvP was intended in highsec. Neither would there be any reason for having different Concord response times per security level unless lower security levels of highsec were less safe from that very PvP.

It exists, and people respond differently to it. Personally I love the challenge of it…the HTFU and all that.

Yes, but we need to think of new players. :rofl:

Yep. A lot of people set themselves false (unaware) or delusional (aware) expectations around PvP in high sec.

The people that try to force the reality to meet their delusions are in a rough ride. CCP could do more to encourage other PvP danger in high sec to improve local industry and also make the game more engaging overall, while reducing the number of false expectation setting.

@Xavinchy The Observer

Today I , leader of the Frostpacker Clan had the honor to be tackled by you after stealing the loot of that Battle Cruiser, mind you the takings were rather slim though I really enjoy table scraps when thrown my way.

Your zKill serves you well, I was excited when you tackled me though, I do feel rather sad that I happened to excape your grasp and am willing to return what I stolen if you are able to share the zmail of that wreck I happen to steal from.

tackled
Over to you Pilot o/

/

this is the same Pilot who once podded

Capsule | Aiko Danuja | Killmail | zKillboard