How to play this game when i cant earn ISK?

Hahaha :slight_smile: we talk about it on another thread and even i removed my post because I simply could not wrapped my head around :slight_smile: but i suspected … because i couldnt find the connection that was simply first post of yours in that thread … and you were definately doesnt look like an asshole on oother threads and posts…
I went back read again :rofl: was so weird… so i thought may be you are the OP …
Then nearly causing an communication disaster because i told someone check yourself please instead of can you check it please … :))) so i learn the right saying…

Well something happened out of blue i think laugh :rofl: because i find it weird you say in other thread that you will never leave, here you said adieuuuuu i was like whut? Then i removed my post on other thread …
I think im confused… and me geting too old for this lol…

Are you a narcissist?

1 Like

You are. :stuck_out_tongue:

Along with Entropia, definitely the closest thing to Wall Street in the gaming industry.

I’m typically a dude that’s always too late with investments IRL or online games and as a result I’m pretty bloody poor in both. It helps to realize there will always be players that are way better with economy then you are, and entities which are financially so wealthy you cannot compete with them directly. I too reached a point where I flew everything I could afford to lose (single account, no alts) enough times to eventually get bored. Took me five years but it’s the nature of ANY game to eventually become stale, unless you log in for the people you play with, and not for the ships, you’re gonna struggle with it sooner or later.

Those five years were all thanks to great other players that had different saliences then just more stuff. All you can really do to prevent this boredom is to get involved in a fun group. I found it hard to fine one where my archaic playstyle still fits in 2020.

1 Like

So, what you want is a game on EZ mode to just hand you achievements for doing nothing.

Got it.

We need to go back to Eve Online circa 2009… re introduce Learning Skills and no skill trading.

Weed out the ‘gimme’ scrubs.

Eve needs to be harsh again. It’s WAY too soft to be appealing anymore.

2 Likes

The game has been on easy mode for years. Find a legit argument.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Maybe we could try something totally new and unprecedented, like removing local from null-sec space?

2 Likes

I’d be so down haha. I feel like only high/low should have local.

My 2 cents: depending on the age of the character, 92M in 9 hours grinding is either very bad or moderate. Running even simple combat anoms in nullsec would net you a multiple of that sum. On the other hand, expecting to strike it rich in 9 hrs worth of hacking is underestimating the rng gods of eve. They’re not that generous.

My suggestion won’t please everybody, and it’s just one possibility: join a decent nullsec corp. You’ll learn both pve and pvp aspects and make a very decent amount of isk there. The game will open up. Most of it will be a grind, because people tend to get used to the isk and develop a hunger. The extras you can get from hacking and running ded plexes are the cherries on top. As usual, diversifying and combining ways to get income is a good way to keep things relatively fresh.

Hope this helps.

A brief word to the wise, increasing your sp pool will give you more isk making options. 15mill sp is rather small in the grand scheme of things.

I am done.
Unfortunately I just gave 30 euros for 3 months of omega, but hey- one can make a mistake.

I did everything right and still got killed by someone who did not show up in D-scan.

Game is laggy all day long and I think the time wasted on this game is time not spent well. Thanks for all who tried to help and see ya somewhere else.

Good bye.

1 Like

The Astero that popped you was fitted with a covops cloak thus can warp in cloaked. Despite you got a jackpot loot from the npc null exploration you only lost a cheap Heron so should be no issue recovering from it. Bad luck but personally not something worth quitting over… imo. Of course if you made up your mind then it is best to realize it early EVE is not for you and find a suitable game instead the soonest possible. Either way good luck and have fun whatever you play!

1 Like

You see- that right there:

“was fitted with a covops cloak thus can warp in cloaked”

HOW THE HELL can I know about that?
I tried to find information on how to be safe, on how to make sure nobody is around- and yet, after week of searching I find about this now?
If I had a chance to find out about it- I would NOT stay so long out there, I would pull into station and leave my loot there or something- I would not spent three days out and let 300mil to go to someone else.

Come on, for a company that is earning millions they sure do lame job of introducing new players into the game. Cant care less, anyway. You say “it is not worth quitting over, lmo” and I reply with I gave my time to learn about the game and it is not enough- should I go to school to play a god damn game?

And more to it, Trading…
I put thing to sell, right? I make a 1000 isk lower price, right- and a bot is lowering its price the second I press OK button. Then I wait 5 minutes to lower my price again, since I was out of money I needed for it to be gone fast- the same thing happens again. I push the button, page refresh and same bot is lowering its price 1k again( i am talking at the same time- not one minute later nor one second later, and this is what I see for Nth time happening).

Third time I lower the price for 10k and next morning I woke up, check the price and someone put 100 items to sell for 100isk more then highest asking buying price( which was 10% of my asking price- to me that say this:

“New players are cannon fodder, be good puppy and mine and be killed by us, elite players with “skill””, fine then.

I can not enjoy something that do not want me.

Take your isk, take your game and enjoy thinking you are special.

It hurts to think that I actually tried to get into the game regardless of tonn of signs that this is an elitist game not ment for new players to get into it.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Exploration

In general wiki.eveuniversity.org, eve-survival.com, youtube guides, blogs and third-party guides, google search for information, google search for info on the (old and new) forums and reddit and so on can land you the info you need.

True CCP isn’t doing a great job presenting the information yet it is out there just takes time to find and learn it.

This is an interesting page from wiki.university about the skills it take to get to Covert Op ships.
Takes a lot of time to get there. And how many months of Omega does it take to train all those skills?
That’s a piece of info worth knowing.
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Covert_Ships_Skillset

Please see earlier reply:

Bolded for emphasis. EVE is like that. First you learn how to do something. Then you start doing it in something cheap/replaceable, with no expensive implants etc. in your head. As you do it, you will have some successes which pay for more cheap ships, and you will start learning all the tricks and traps that don’t get mentioned in any guide.

Because no guide can cover all the 50 different ways something can go tits-up, and the ways change. Still, the most common ones will happen first usually, and as you figure out ways around those your success rate will go up. But even after doing something for a year you can easily still stumble into traps you’ve never seen before.

That’s why you’re immortal. That’s why you get paid the big bucks (when you get paid). And that’s why everybody and their dog isn’t out there doing it as well - because it isn’t easy.

There are hundreds of games that make it easy for you. EVE doesn’t. That’s not for everyone. Keep in mind it’s only pixels on a screen, and getting blown up (in a cheap ship) is just a minor speed bump, not a ‘loss’.

On the other hand, if this design is overly frustrating/annoying for you, then make your call and try something else. Games are for leisure time, not make-you-angry time.

Man I would love to say “yeah, great advice” or “yeah, it is worth to lose some cheap ship to learn it”- I would love to do it.

Here, this is what I got from time I started this thread:

93mil from earlier

180mil from the time I started the topic with about 6 hours daily doing data and relic sites.

and I just lost 300 mil from doing data sites yesterday and today( totaling about 14 hours of gameplay in two days, dont judge I am on vacation).

How much time I have to spent in game to get good data and relic sites? And I used more then 30 noise thingies to go all arround the map- there is no low sec system I havent been in.

I can not do tier 4 sites, since I can not scan them past 89% while dead center and with lowest scan possible. using sisters probes.

Everyone is telling me how this is NOT pay to win game and yet- I bought plex, bought skill points- opened up some skills to 3 and 4- and all of the sudden I can scan down tier 3 data and relic sites that allowed me to push earnings from nothing to little.

I would not mind any and all of this- if the game is actually player driven as advertised.
And it is most definitelly NOT player driven.

I would be more then happy to be a miner, relaxing and cool way of spend some time and earning some isk- the thing is there are millions of bots out there, and no I am not talking about cheaters- I am talking about CCP own bots. Plus there are stuff produced and bought by- the game. And all of that is driving the price of it down. It is so low that I see every day red bubbles on the map saying there is more then 100 ships destroyed in that system in last hour. How can you earn so many isk if you dont mind me asking? Stuff must be very cheap, I wonder why?

So what is the point of industry when it is rigged against all but elite players?

And look at me, STILL going on in the forum trying to make it worth my time. STILL trying to make it work- why? I do not get it, game is simply not worth it. And yet- I hope it is. But ■■■■ me if I have will to try it again with such a little to no reward.

Farewell.

btw - all the players you disparage all started the same way. All of them went through the same situations you have. All of them faced the same challenges you have.

EvE has never been for everybody. Thanks for trying it out and being part of it all, however briefly.

3 Likes