How To Save Your Knees

Did someone forget to switch their sock puppets, or do you normally laugh at your own posts?

8 Likes

I know you need appreciation and recognition for all your fantastic skills at playing an online game and no one has done it yet it seems, so here it is again, enjoy it
When I first started EVE I never thought Iā€™d find a role model to admire and emulate. Then I checked the forum and found this guy:
Gix_Firebrand!!
It only took a few posts from him for me to figure out that he was the best without equal. The more I read and the more I understood that Gix has no equal, on the forum and innthe game.
Whatever Gix says is the ultimate truth. Any other statement by any other person is FALSE until Gix weighs in and enlightens the conversation like a forest clearing under the sun.
We are truly lucky to have someone like Gix around and if he didnā€™t exist, well, weā€™d have to invent him.
Long Live Gix!!
Uncontested Master of EVE!!

This post doesnā€™t violate any forum rules so I repost it.

Honest question about the Kestrel fit: why use a long range fit missile platform? Wouldnā€™t the instant application of turret damage be preferable to the missile flight time and delayed damage application? Iā€™m under the impression timing is everything.

Mainly just to maintain range to keep out of range of their guns. If you wanna make it more expensive can do use t2 launchers and the short range missiles.

Cause odds are as long as you fly right, the catas wonā€™t touch you.

You could also use arties tho. Iā€™ll post some fits :smiley:

This is the dps but itā€™s a good idea to have some with range, I once jumped in on our slasher having a hard time fighting a Loki that was yellow, he decided to fight and was pulling away from gate rather than make for the gate. I was in an Oracle and behind me was a vexor, he died to my lasers and drones

When in Pursuit the important thing is tackle, then dps that can keep up so tackle doesnā€™t die, Oracle was not ideal but itā€™s dps saved the day. We also only jumped once which gave me time.

MacGybo is good at taking our tackle out before dps shows up

Ganker cats are easy to keep out of range of and that kestrel fit would work well and keep up with tackle

Switching toon requires effort no highsecer should be required to suffer.

Thatā€™s why you use condors as tackle.

Iā€™ll take a look at the scan res and try it out.

If we are far away from backup I use a fast locking Gnosis, think I even pulled Aiko out of a fleet with that, not as fast at locking but you have tank and firepower to help

Nice guide Gix,

Thanks for taking your time to put this together.

Really goes to show that you care about the community, the game and the people that play it.

Why would you lump changing kill mails into changing ganking mechanics. Why are players like you sooo concerned that someone might be able to tell they died? Over 100 times Iā€™ve undocked and been blown up by another player. Iā€™ve lost billions that way. The best players I know have been killed thousands of times and lost hundreds of billions worth of ships. Where does this weird fear come from?

Still waiting for my evemail anti-gank permit from you that was paid up in full!

1 Like

Oh I can sell them and the isk are going to buy me a faction dread :grin:

You do understand that each time I read your replies I kind of think that they are coming from the evil one.

Theyā€™re already lumped in the same game.

I donā€™t even know what you mean there.

If you canā€™t understand itā€™s something other than fear then put the whole thing away from your mind.

Speaking of which, Iā€™m sure I saw Brisc commenting on something to do with the number of allowed jump clones being increased.

There is always an Other way.

Already in game, we can get 5 more jump clones with new skill Elite Imphomorph Psychology, however the priceā€¦ :slight_smile:

Why would you think that, I only mean I want a faction dread

Which one do you want?