HS moon mining thieves

Access list should only be for station services, not the actual rocks. If they aren’t in your corp, they would also be suspect.
We don’t need more abuse to mechanics.

2 Likes

My take on the situation is this. If you want to do moon mining, you have two options.

1. Put the refinery in LS/NS, and accept the risk but also gain the ability to freely shoot anybody that goes after the rocks that you don’t like. Your counter to thieves is to shoot them.

2. Put the refinery in HS and live with significantly less risk, but with people being able to take the rocks out from under you with. Your counter to thieves is to outmine them.

It seems to me that this is fairly classic risk vs. reward. and is working as intended.

7 Likes

Nope. And I don’t see it as abuse - I see it as highsec where there should be more rules and structure. The mechanics as they currently are in place are being abused abhorently and I cannot dissuade these thieves from my area of operations.

Making changes to high sec like this will actually make the game healthier and will create more activity in low sec which right now is a no mans land.

1 Like

Yeah, no. https://zkillboard.com/corporation/98585005/

Filling Hi-Sec with rarely played shadow alt corps, camping all the moons, is not healthy for the game.

Manage your timers, play in Hi-Sec, problem solved.

1 Like

The problem with NPC or non war declarable corps mining high sec moon belts is across all area`s of eve its a problem CCP do not seem to want to address so it seems.
Yes technically those who say nobody owns a moon is correct however if a player doesn’t invest in most cases billions into structures , fittings and fuel there is no moon belts to mine so with that in mind there should be some way they can protect their investments otherwise really whats the point.
The simplest option I see is to allow the structure owners to set a public or private setting to the structure area say off 500km. Public anyone can warp there and mine and Private they get a message informing them its a private area and they could be shot at by the structure if they enter the area they then choose to accept that risk. That way a structure owner can choose to use the structure to fire on any ship friend or foe whilst in that 500km area. Belt thieves can still risk mining but always face the risk of the structure shooting at them if an operator is online but would get rid of the AFK miners at least

2 Likes

I think the problem is people thinking they have ownership of things other than station services.

3 Likes

The assumption that the problem needs to be handled by someone other then the player or players that own the stucture is the problem. CCP does create a certain amount of balance, but also creates the possibility for problems, or challenges to over come.

I see this as just a challenge intentionally understood to be a potential problem players would have to solve.

So get out there and play!!! :wink:

1 Like

I do play in high sec. that’s my Corp. I’m a shadow Corp to no one at all. I’m new to eve. You’re 100% wrong about everything you post here

1 Like

That is the problem. It needs to be made real. The problem is I lay claim to these mining rights and can not enforce it

1 Like

So you speak of balance - what’s the balance in 6-8 afk orcas in my ore field? I can’t war dec them. I’m exposed but they are not. I can’t do anything besides bump them (hardly punishing) and fielding a larger force (I agree this is effective but maybe not consistently).

1 Like

Yeah Sade I went thru literally all your previous posts in this thread and you have offered absolutely nothing of value to this conversation.

1 Like

And furthermore where’s your zkill? Of your main… I posted on my character and yet accuse me of hiding in a shadow high sec alt Corp hoarding moons. The shame on you. This character is nothing but a forum troll. Nothing of value whatsoever

1 Like

Thing is, you haven’t got any claim on those rocks. As the Devblog linked above says

At the end of the day asteroids in space are never explicitly “owned” by players. The highsec moon mining metagame is going to be quite different from other areas of space since it will not be trivial to monopolize the asteroids. The structure owner however does have control over the timing of the chunk detonation and access to logs of who mined from that field. Players could use those tools to encourage cooperation and provide a public service, or they could attempt to discourage other miners through suicide ganking and war decs.

Bumping is actually a really good method of getting them to leave. It takes Orca’s a long time to align, bump them constantly and they just have to sit there.

2 Likes

‘New Bro’
2 man corp
Owns 5 moons
Complains about not being able to mine the resources.

If you had been reading, my argument is exactly this, if you don’t have the man power, don’t complain.

1 Like

I see your logic but why bother with high sec moons then altogether?

High sec needs a little more to it for this. Which will also have the effect of buffing low sec appeal too. It’s actually a win/win for both areas. Low sec has become a no mans land.

1 Like

Newbro - 10/24 started date.

Athanors are cheap and plex is too for someone with a job.

1 Like

Buy some friends then with that PLEX.

1 Like

That dev blog is old? I’d prefer the old war dec mechanic back so that at least if these people wanted to avoid war decs they’d have 11% taxes to provide that security

1 Like

You have the advantage of setting the timer for the moon chunk detonation. The idea is, you detonate a chunk and mine it all, as has been stated by CCP, if you’ve read CCP Fozzie’s comment I linked above.

You have put 5 Athanors up with only 2 characters to mine. Seems obvious that you need to scale your corp in order to profit from all of those. You don’t have the manpower to control 5 moons, so I don’t see anything broken here.

2 Likes

I put down the infrastructure to be able to recruit effectively. Recruiting is much much easier when you already have content ready to go. So to those of you saying “cart before the horse” i say to you which Corp would you prefer to join: one where the leader has some ideas or the one where the leader has already created a solid infrastructure and is cranking up the workloads.

1 Like