I am sorry CCP - I have lost hope

I’ve made a commitment to push the wardec issue, and I’m going to do what I can (and I know other CSM members also agree) to get this addressed.

6 Likes

Finally it’s over. No more shitty 480p trash videos. What a day !

5 Likes

You’re reading it wrong, I was being sarcastic against CCP and those criticizing you.

Wardeccers blame CCP for the change to watchlist as it denied them a way to look for war targets in space, which would had led to the practice of blanket wardecs.

Said change was implemented in a typical CCP goofy way -instead of allow players to hide their online status with exceptions, the status was made always hidden unless players mutually enable visibility of it. One consequence was that friends no longer can see each other returning to game. Wardeccers adapting to it by adopting blanket beardecs would be another consequence of a poorly implemented idea.

All in all the current wardec system has run its course and is due for replacement… which will come late, ineffective and poorly coded to keep up with CCP’s quality standards.

4 Likes

I think this post is in agreement with you, just it was written in a very convoluted manner.

I personally think that CCP likes how the game looks, that its like dropping people in a freezing cold water with arms and legs broken and seeing who swims out on its own.

1 Like

I personally favour the image of blindfolded people running into a forest and hitting the trees, with only the luckiest reaping the rewards on the other side of the forest. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nice video. unlike a lot of the people here I do somewhat care and I’m not alone. I just happen to be unaffected. My 2 main toons are now both empire and PvE focused. My 2 past toons I log on infrequently only to play with people that will also log on infrequently for some occasional PvP or LS shenanigans. I keep clear of NS and all the ■■■■ that is there. the bigger the shihtole the bigger berth I give it.

But I do understand exactly and precisely what you are saying. If I was in a corp with new players in it I’d be in same or similar boat for too big of a part of the game. They wouldn’t be able to play function at all. Hell, am trying to help a new guy right now thats in one of my toons NPC corp and get him ready for the event etc. Hopefully I can show him some stuff so he can at least function.

I somewhat disagree with you on adding new content though. New content is always good, it just needs to be refined and rebalanced a lot once the numbers come in pass the novelty stage. And in many cases altered or developed a bit further. This latter part is what CCP really sucks at.

Also, while I do occasionally help new people in the game, I also recommend for people to not join this game outside of it and tell them what its really like, and I’m successfull at keeping people away :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh for frak’s sake, leave this ‘universal declaration of human rights’ crap out of this.
Full stop, reverse and back over the dead horse…

Regardless of whether or not you agree with the points raised in the Op’s video, any time we lose user-generated content it’s an overall loss for the EVE community. Remember how many blogs and quality news sites we used to have? I don’t see how anyone can think this is a good thing.

2 Likes

For the last 15 years… yeah no, clueless.

3 Likes

Yeah. EVE not only survived, but thrived on this “broken mechanic” despite it being much cheaper back in the day. So CCP actually nerfed wardecs (higher fees, watchlist removal, …) over the last 15 years, but here we are with people crying about how wardecs are broken.

CCP never claimed they’d do anything against it. Quite the contrary, it is one of EVE’s main selling points and has been since the game went live in 2003. There are entire expansion trailers dedicated to what you call broken.

Now the real question is, is CCP wrong, or do you just feel entitled enough to demand they make EVE yet-another-WoW-themepark-clone for the underdeveloped masses?

EVE thrived while it was still a ruthless universe, with CCP not giving a ■■■■ about entitled, idiots, moron and illiterates. But once they started catering to that crowd (to which you appear to belong, considering your whining about “broken mechanics” that are intentionally the way they are), EVE went downhill.
Every patch that further removed “needless complexity” and literally dumbed the game down, lowering the required the bar for required intelligence to succeed in EVE, or every change aimed at catering to the weak and carebears, transforming the hardcore world of EVE to the semi-themepark we have now, was a further nail in the coffin of EVE.

The problem lies with CCP only so much as that they decided to listen to idiots, whiners and instant gratification monkeys. That EVE is too hard is a problem with you. That your new players can’t play the game ‘cause Marmite is a pathetic argument in and of itself and only shows your real agenda here, restricting other players’ freedoms in the sandbox, just because you’re too weak to cope with them. If your new players can’t play because they’re wardecced, then I suppose your CEO is ■■■■ and shouldn’t lead a (“new player”) corp and / or those new players simply aren’t cut out for the ruthless universe that EVE is supposed to be. They simply aren’t in the target demographic that CCP has developed EVE for.
Much like World of Warcraft isn’t a game I’d ever play, because I’m just not part of its target demographic. Instead of whining on the Blizzard forums about how WoW is broken and needs to be changed just for me, I simply accept that they’re developing it for a different kind of customer.

Your whining is thus comparable to the ridiculousness of demanding that “My Little Ponies” has to be a show about monkeys, with all future references of ponies removed. For the simple fact that you do not like ponies and you demand that change. Do you now understand how ridiculous it is that you’re here whining about how CCP is “killing the game because they target a niche demographic as opposed to the masses of illiterate monkeys”?

6 Likes

You and players like you are reason why Eve is dead. :expressionless:

2 Likes

Untrue considering people like TDK have been around for far longer than most and the game thrived.

1 Like

Here is the slightly longer TL;DW as outlined by the OP in the video:

1. Veteran player is running a highsec corp and alliance;
  2. Recruits a couple players with a bunch of industrial highsec structures;
  3. Large war dec alliance notices, attempts to extort ISK from the OP’s large (~250 man) corp;
  4. The OP tells the mercenaries to ■■■■ off since they are a self-described PvP corp;
  5. Large war dec alliance is insulted and brings the war, possibly with friends and allies;
  6. OP says new players couldn’t undock and then quit and blames CCP.

I don’t know. This sounds exactly like the type of game play CCP set out to create:

My hot take: working as intended. I mean, we all know there are issues with wars, and I do have sympathy for the hypothetical small collection of clueless noobs who set up a corp and get smashed without understanding why, but that isn’t what is going on here. We have a large alliance, with stations and resources lead by people who have been in the game for a long time, who get into a political dispute with a mercenary group and… don’t undock? Wars don’t prevent you from undocking, even new players. It isn’t clear from the video if the OP is telling his new players to not undock or not, but you’d think a PvP corp would relish the chance to operate under wartime protocols.

The video does go on though. Additional complaints:

1. Upwell structure defences aren’t strong enough;
  2. Suicide ganking isn’t funny to the OP. It is trolling;
  3. WoW has a better NPE than Eve Online.
  4. OP didn’t really like Eve, but held out hope CCP would change the game to meet his expectations. Has given up on that, and attributes the decline in player numbers over the last 5 years to CCP not changing the game to what he wants - AKA the classic ‘Eve is Dying’ argument as to why the core tenets of the game should be thrown out and the game made into WoW-in-space.

Final thought: the game has always been like this and people who lose something in game have always declared it broken since the beginning. Nothing much to see here - just more of the same. We all hope and wish wars could be made more fun, and I do hope CCP gets to that soon and comes up with some changes that make them more engaging for everyone, including new players. But even then, there will be videos and forums posts from people who lose a ship, structure or their corp implodes under war claiming the game is ‘broken’ because it was possible for them to lose.

Eve is competitive, open-world sandbox game - sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose, and sometimes you had no chance at all. Eve has kept on truckin’ long past any of its contemporary MMOs or what anyone thought and therefore removing what makes Eve unique seems like a poor idea, at least from my point of view.

10 Likes

Removing watchlist and increasing wardecc cost created blanket wardecs - this is the real cancer. Watchlist was removed because nullsec players crying it was a free intel on super chars login. Which was a good thing because it keep people on their toes. It didn’t mean those supers would be moved or used.
Some irrelevant mechanism for nullsec (wardecc) get other types of space nerfed.
I always laugh when someone say to me HTFU about wardecc. Take out assets safety from citadels and we’ll talk about HTFU and how hardcore EvE is.

Wardecc are cancer and the least people that should care about it will decide how it should be like (nullsec CSM).

4 Likes

“You can’t live in empire, under any banner”

I live in Highsec under the Code Banner. Empire space is actually the best part of the game in my opinion. Hey man, if you ever want to come fly in a code fleet, you are more than welcome.

3 Likes

Ganking, at least, doesn’t seem to be a huge negative impact on the new player, and especially not so for a new player in a supportive corporation.

New player ships are cheap to replace, ganking tends to be sporadic by nature, and ganking serves as an alert or wake-up call that one should be on their toes or they’ll lose their stuff. A lesson better learned early than a many multi-billion freighter too late.

I have lived in Highsec most of my life with the occasional trip out to low or null, where I try to be a good citizen. Occasionally someone bloodies my nose, but being generally polite has spared me any protracted war, or being targeted mercilessly by any group for any real length of time.

Are you certain there was no diplomatic solution to this crisis, even if you had to eat a little crow? Were there no allies to call on? Was there truly nothing that could be done, or is it more true that there’s nothing that pride would allow to be done?

2 Likes

Just as a reminder to those who keep using “EvE has lasted 15 years” as some sort of proof of future guaranteed life.

The world has moved on since 2003. CCP has not. That’s why they continually release one failed project after another ( can’t wait to mine the CCP tears when NOVA tanks hard and fast ) trying to get some kind of money coming in while losing staff left and right and their only “successful” game is mainly kept afloat by players who themselves are still stuck in 2003.

4 Likes

I strongly belief that is the problem here, you shouldn’t recruit new players, as your attitude make them quit, judging from your posting. It’s not the problem with the game, but with people like you.

5 Likes

First: I do not agree with OP, that high sec wardec system is an issue, that is needed to be fixed. But I also do not agree with

Eve is special in a way, that tons of new players (I mean really new, not some alts or ex-veterans) are grown up mens. Many has families and stressfull work, they come to virtual world to achieve something, that can not in real life. Build their own sand castle. They have money to pay if they like what they build but…
…being slaughtered by some teenage F1 moron-monkey without being able even to scratch his ship back? That is not the social model they will agree to live in. It is ok for school, even high school folks, but not for grown up man. With age you just lose the ability to tolerate unfair fight and any fight of newbie builder vs pirat douchbug will be unfair.
Of cause no one (almost) treats Eve as a farmville, most of players plan to get into PvP after they build their own base of operation, stable income, place called ‘home’ … It is just you often are not in the mood for PvP and if you forced into some in most brutal way, ruining your plans (grown up man usually hate when their plan are ruinned) and being laughed at. No wonder we see videos like that. I just think OP did not addressed real issues.

2 Likes

Blanket Wars were a thing before the changes, too. In fact, the changes were supposed to stop that from happening especially to the biggest groups in EVE. And that succeeded to the detriment of EVE as a whole. It must be possible again to keep CONDI, TEST, HORDE, NC, PL, DARK and all the other huge groups under permanent war again without losing too much ISK to fees.

Whats funny is you all seem to think I run a high sec corporation

We live in low sec, it’s amazing how fast you want to just troll for the hell of it

1 Like