I am sorry CCP - I have lost hope

They cost a lot of ISK

Sure they have weak spots, you just have to actually invest some brainpower and come up with a plan other than crying on the forums for CCPs help.

Highsec is just a set of game mechanics which are a bit more complicated and are biased heavily against the aggressor. If that is still too complicated for you then go play in easy-mode lowsec.

3 Likes

How is it flawed? Is it unbalanced in that anyone can attack anyone? Well, it is suppose to be in a sandbox game. But mechanically wars are fair and blanket deccing just puts more people on the opposite side of the fights for those that do it. That is one consequence, plus there is the cost in ISK. Don’t pretend that there is no risk or cost in the activity.

But no, I’m not going to defend the current war meta as the best game play out there. Wars could theoretically be changed to bring more meaning somehow, or have more on the line for the attacker that can be counter-attacked. That’s fine with me and worth exploring. Those are legitimate concerns regarding making the system have better game play. However, be under no illusions that threads like this and videos like that in the OP will go away if such improvements are made.

Because that’s not what the OP was complaining about. He, like most, just want the bad people to go away, because “think of the children” or “Eve is dying” or whatever. He needs a healthy dose of HTFU.

1 Like

I never wanted it go away but changed into something better.

2 Likes

There has always been discussion on what to change it to?
Some of the thoughts have been simple and direct “I want that moon, I should be able to war dec someone and destroy the POS around that moon when its gone the dec is over.”
When you get to something as simple asset destruction, how do you gauge that? I want to destroy 2B worth of goods from this corporation, well that corp doesn’t have that much in goods, how does the war end? Does it end when they have nothing left? At which point they wont want to continue playing either.
Do you set a sliding % bar of how much of there stuff you want to destroy?
Then there is far more abstract war decs, the corp I was in one had someone talk trash with another player which wound up getting us a war dec how would a dec like that be settled. What about competing industry corporations who want there competition to leave the area entirely, so they hire a merc corp to war dec the competition until they find a new region to operate out of?

If wars are changed for an targeted end, would that mean corp dropping is no longer an option? If the defending corp gives up does the attackers goal automatically happen? Defender surrenders and the POS around the moon the attacker wanted explodes. The 2b in assets are removed from the defenders wallets.
The current mechanics aren’t great but there aren’t many other options.

Maybe we need 1 new system that is “super highsec” in this system there are 1000 belts, it’s one jump from Jita and green security is forced for all players that enter.

1 Like

Erm

No ty

“Look at me, I’m big mister -10 lowsec, wardecs don’t affect me”

“all of our nubs are quitting because of wardecs. never mind that we live in lowsec and wardecs don’t affect me”

“WAAAA FIX WARDECS CCPLS NERF ALL TEH THINGS!!!”

I live in lowsec and I love wardecs. I especially love it when players have the balls to come to lowsec to fight me, like this whole corp of nubs who had the time of their lives as well, which is more than I can say about most “-10 lowsec” dwellers tbh. HTFU, OP.

@Tora_Bushido you keep being you, buddy. Don’t change. Every game needs a villain. Especially EVE. Sansha Kuvekei ain’t got ■■■■ on you.

5 Likes

There are not options that we both think about them don’t mean someone else can figure something else.
If we thouhgt about the goals you mention then yes in basics it’s true, but we are playing the game.
If droping corp is a valid mechanism to avoid to be in war or blanket war with as big corps as possible is “pvp”, then something is wrong here. Throwing HTFU to every disscussion is lame.

1 Like

Well Veine. You could just admit that you’re severely mentally disabled and we could move on. It’s really obvious that you are, Mr. “My IQ is over 200” (your real IQ is below 50). I wouldn’t give a ■■■■ about all the ■■■■■■■■ you’re writing if you were at least honest, but you aren’t. You make up a ■■■■ ton of ■■■■■■■■, defend it with even more made-up ■■■■■■■■, while proclaiming that you’re the smartest man to have ever lived and being in perfect mental health condition. Not to mention that you constantly threaten me with real life warfare, murder and assault, just because I told you to stop writing your spam replies in regards to my posts.

I don’t know how someone like you even managed to create an account for EVE. Clearly you’ve had help. I pity whoever has to actually deal with you on a daily basis.

I must say thanks for keeping me out of it, because I quite frankly don’t know the content you meant, but I am busy with other wars too.

I have no use for that.

Them teeth tho

I accept that, and I would teach new players to achieve exactly that if they want to (personally I’m not patient enough to be a good teacher). There is a place for chill miners, and mission runners, explorers, whatever - if they know what they are doing, if they bother to understand the game.

Hell, I did most of those “carebear” stuff myself over years and never had a problem dealing with other players. Also and because I learned all the mechanics to guarantee my survival with minimal effort.

You can’t play this game successfully with ignorance, regardless of play style, and ignorant teachers are the worse.

At least they are a fair shot.
Hopefully they are not riding an horse of apocalypse.
But you never with those guys, I would not lose all hopes for it.

Veine is probably some broken bot that CCP Falcon let loose on us. I bet he’s reading these responses and pissing himself laughing. I really wish we had this option to hide all posts of certain posters, like we could on the old forums. Would come really handy for cases like him.
But it’d also be abused by all the whiners to create filter bubbles of their own making, so I guess we have to endure that bot writing spam post after spam post until CCP finally bans him.

3 Likes

Still trying to figure out how wardecs are killing EVE. Guess what, they aren’t! In the grand scheme of things, wardecs are such a minute part of the game. Perhaps fix botting first.

You know that by definition, a beginner does not know what he is doing ?
You are just saying one thing and the opposite.

If you make a 100 lines post to explain them the basics of Eve, they will just not read it.
People expect from a game to make sense. For someone who does not know Eve, “High security” means they have a security - even when at war.

1 Like

Some new players get help from other players and so have more resources than older players.
It’s to protect investments that older players can have a chance.
Still, I don’t know about the OPs.

Guys, seriously, talk to him like you would a chat bot, and everything starts to make sense. and he becomes much more fun to play with as well

1 Like

@Veine_Miromme please don’t use google translate. It’s really not an efficient way to convey your opinion.

1 Like