I am sorry CCP - I have lost hope

All I see is:

1. Tora attempting to extort you;
  2. You (or your group) refusing on principle and calling their ultimatum;
  3. A war resulted and some of your players were exploded;

A standard pissing match.

This is all working as intended. The part I am unclear on how this relates to new players quitting. Is it because they don’t like exploding? You are unable to keep them safe or give them a place to do industry or gather resources so they can’t afford to undock? Are you telling them to not to undock?

Eve is a PvP game. You love PvP. Wardecs are just more PvP. Presumably your new players should like PvP as well or they are in the wrong corp. I don’t see how a highsec wardec would prevent players in a lowsec PvP group from playing the game unless you are doing nothing to protect your new players and leaving CONCORD to babysit them (who are bad babysitters taking bribes from Tora to look the other way when he and his goons come a-knockin’ !).

Whatever problems there are with wars and whatever changes might come in the future, new players left alone by their corp in highsec will still be valid targets and can be exploded. That’s the nature of the game - highsec isn’t a safe zone or beginner zone. I suggest you re-evaluate your new player training policies and make some changes to protect them and the rest of your group from the enemies you have made.

But it’s not my place to tell you what to do and I still feel like I am missing some point of yours. So I’ll just let you figure it out.

2 Likes

Also it’s not the wardecs killing the game

1 Like

If he’s so irrelevant to you, why are you here crying your ass off about Marmite? To me it looks like he doesn’t have to fight you at all to take you down. You’re shitting your pants already with him doing nothing at all.
Do everyone a favor and stay with World of Warcraft, wannabee tough guy.

1 Like

Stop with personal aggression.
The problem is with people like you, who can’t understand an argument and need to relief their frustration by attacking the poster instead.

I also take a good look at noobs. I don’t think corps are of any use in HS so I don’t ever talk about corps.
I help them actively, providing ships (eg scanning T1 frigs or fw faction frigs - sometimes a BS or two for L4s) , advices, even scanning for them when they lack skills, I think I gave away 2b to noobs in 6 months.

What I noticed is that when they stop, it’s often after a wardec (not always), and a few loss because actually turns out HS has not security at all. Note, not all, some left the game for various reasons.

This makes me very sad, because I invested much time and money in people, not to get something back, but only to make them have fun. Because I know that you reap what you sow, and on the contrary of what people think, if we remove the weakest players layer from the game, then iteratively we remove everybody - until only remain people who can’t lose anything because they abuse the system in that way.

So it’s up to you : either you accept that people can just come and chill and STILL deserve to have a sense of achievment ; or you think only the most voracious players can stay, and in the end you will lose everybody.

3 Likes

player driven story about how wardecc driven players out of the game? yeah, truly interesting lecture. Tora will do such things because flawed mechanism allow it.

2 Likes

Thanks for your tears op.

It’s not the wardecs that is the problem, it’s people like you who are bad at EVE but think they should lead a corp anyway. If you can’t defend your corp you don’t deserve it. Those players they quit because of you. It was your responsibility to work around the wardec or defend your people. Instead you cry to CCP for help because you can’t do what hundreds of thousands of players managed in the last 15 years.

I’m glad they killed your corp so that you can’t trap more new players who should rather join corps with competent CEOs and not one like yours where their minds get poisoned by your defeatist attitude.

Thank James 315 for people like @Tora_Bushido who deletes the weak.

6 Likes

It was like that in 2009 and nowadays. Why should we change anything? Just because we need more stupid childrens who can not understand that EvE is about loosing? WHy I didn’t quite the game back in 2010 when I firstly joined? Why noone of my buddies did that?
They need to learn. If they can not understand that EvE is about loosing and learning how to avoid it they shouldn’t play this game.
P.S. High sec always have been less security space than anything.

Loving this

99% of people who watched this video are so fixated on the fact I mentioned Marmite that they are missing the entire effin point of this video.

Please, keep going

2 Likes

Tell your members to join Eve Uni, an alliance we will not war dec. :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

War mechanics will always allow it - competition between corps is at the heart of the game. Tora is playing the role of antagonist in a sandbox game. I really don’t see any issue here.

Players can leave a war at any time by dropping corp. I do think there should be a social corp or other way to group up that don’t expose them to wars, but there is already a way to make a war end any time. And CCP gives you two extra alts that you can use if you don’t want to undock a character in an active war. What really baffles me though, is why such a large group of lowsec PvPers are complaining about highsec wars. Lowsec has plenty of space that new players could frolic and PvE opportunities that pay well. I get why a few friends who start the game form a highsec mining corp might view wars as unfair, but I am having a hard time figuring out why an established large group with many players and significant resources is.

Wars don’t affect new players in the NPC corp. Wars shouldn’t affect new players recruited to a competent established corp (like the OP’s) very much. Wars are only an issue to new corps run by new players who are at a massive skill, resources and game knowledge disadvantage, and while I think that should be addressed somehow, but is hardly game-breaking given how easy it is to drop/hop corp.

He is complaining because we are very effective in killing people. Even if they’re in LS or 00. Really want to hide, go WH space and dont have known scouts in HS, as we will follow them back in to your WH.

2 Likes

Always the same arguments: drop a corp, play on alts. It super easy to wardecc now without consequences for attacking corp. Mechanism was changed some time ago and it proved now for worse.

There are many threads pointing out that wardec is a bad mechanism, that it bleeding the players from the game. Every defender of it always says HTFU. Pointless discussion. It like talking about the colours with a blind man. There is a problem with it and CCP see it but don’t take steps to change it, for now.

1 Like

So the flaw I have read here is the new players who were driven out of the game because of the war dec were in a low sec PVP Corp.

It really makes you wonder if they would have stuck to EVE anyway.

1 Like

Fake news alert. Goons are pretty much permanently wardecced. PL/NC. on the other hand solved the wardec problem by handing out free ratting space to PIRAT botters https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/7q0lif/the_omist_bots_were_shtirlizz_from_pirat_evidence/

That being said, I’m all in favor of making it easy to wardec (larger) sov holding alliances.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:
a bigger picture maybe?

That simply means it was a poorly-made video - don’t blame the audience when 99% of them can’t see WTF you’re on about.

3 Likes

I worry about what bigger picture than that however?
EVE is a player driven economy which needs players to destroy each other to continue, if at any point there is a section of the universe where PVP interactions are all but completely inhibited or so difficult that its not worth doing the in game economy will come crashing down in a couple months.
Most who ask for increased safety don’t think about the long term repercussions of that safety.

Think of this, if miners were safe from code and war decs, how long would it take for a massive influx on mineral to become generated?

1 Like

They’ll never fundamentally change it. Well, they might come up with a new war system, or some other revisions that maybe put more risk in the game for aggressors or whatever, but at the core, this is a PvP sandbox game that features non-consensual PvP between groups. While there are some legitimate gripes about wars, the bulk of the complaining boils down to “I don’t like being attacked” just like the OP who resented Tora’s intrusion on his group’s game play. This is never going away.

It has been this way from the beginning - obviously most players don’t like being attacked and possibly losing or having their production activities disrupted. This isn’t going to change - you will always be vulnerable to the actions of other players, and more-so as your footprint in New Eden and impact on the economy grows. CCP hasn’t done anything because there is nothing to do - you change wars somehow, and people will still complain about being attacked under the new system. People just like to complain.

This is a PvP game where other players might choose to make you their content and has been for fifteen years. Stop thinking that CCP is suddenly going to change this core aspect of the game now and deal with the game as it was built. Or as you say, HTFU:

4 Likes

Because I am such a nice guy, we lowered the surrender fee to 5B. You can thank me later.

Praise CT/TB/J315/GL/TSM and many more.

2 Likes

Just because EvE has a player driven economy that need players to destroy each other assets to thrive, doesn’t mean it should has bad design mechanism.

please cut with all that truism. Every ■■■■■■■ time, EvE is a pvp game we all know that. Always round sentences from a person who seems to not see how flawed mechnism is. Already write one reason, blanket wardecc do not bring any consequences for the attacker. There are no win option for the defender because attacker don’t have weak points defender may attack. In fact those “war” are ■■■■■■■■ from the start, if there were no concord we don’t need it at all.

2 Likes