I hope you've achieved your goal

Not to be a dick, but several bad decisions went into that loss. And now, you’re faced with a choice -rage-quit, or try to learn from your mistakes and become a better player.

Also, never forget Eve’s golden rule: don’t fly what you can’t afford to lose.

9 Likes

Wrong.

While CONCORD forces do react quickly and with force, they do not have a mandate to protect attacked players and as such will not necessarily be able to prevent eventual losses if attackers can field sufficient firepower to destroy their targets before CONCORD can intervene. CONCORD should therefore be regarded as a force of retribution, not one of protection.

7 Likes

That’s where you are wrong. It was a bling target blown up in an area where such a target would be expected to be blown up. You ignoring the facts doesn’t change them.

7 Likes

This post here is exactly why I love the forums. I don’t even need to undock in order to witness a beautiful crybaby rant. I can almost hear the “Waaaaa!” after each period.

1 Like

Do you take it personally whenever you lose a match of call of duty? Do you scream and shout and throw your controller at the TV? Do you contact Activision and tell them the game is garbage because you keep getting crappy teammates and its somehow their fault that you just suck at the game?

Long story short, dont fly what you cant afford to lose. Eves golden rule, you broke it. Nowhere in new eden is completely safe.

8 Likes

Well, there are TV sets which were smashed to pieces after bad matches of FIFA.
THIS IS UNFAIR!

1 Like

why would you even undock in this? why not just create some contracts or fly multiple times?
Why no webber?
You have to admit it was a mistake. But Eve is not about the money. I’m sorry if you feel sad about all the work wasted you’ve put into it… but it’s not really wasted. You have learned something and even if it seems bad at the moment, life will continue. Good luck! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

as Solonius said.
What does OP do when he looses while playing poker or monopoly? does he punch other players’ faces, or does he jump through the window?
come on, OP, this is a pvp game and your ship got destroyed. You lost pixels and some ego, and so what? i lost a JF two months ago because i did mistakes, not because of CCP’s fault.
Once again, HTFU or leave

1 Like

Agreed, the majority of it has dropped so the gankers and/or thieves picked it up and will make good use of the ISK gained by selling the stuff. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

[quote=“Xeux, post:25, topic:224672, full:true”]
This post here is exactly why I love the forums. I don’t even need to undock in order to witness a beautiful crybaby rant. I can almost hear the “Waaaaa!” after each period.
[/quote]

It’s uncaring, unthinking people like you that ruin many experiences for people like me. I don’t like PvP and if you look at the kill records for my characters you can see that I’ve generally avoided it whenever possible. Highsec is only PvP because CCP has chosen to favor and reward gankers and cheaters. There is a reason 90% of new players leave within a week.

That means it is worse than wasted since it serves to encourage cheaters and gankers.

There is one major flaw with this mechanic. There is essentially no negative impact on the gankers, ever. They just continue ruining play for others and being rewarded for it. This mechanic wouldn’t bother me as much if there was some sort of permanent impact on those that are ganking. Once they reach a certain bad standing, they should be blasted on undock by Concord every time they undock in Highsec. Instead, they use the temporary criminal marker to lure Concord away from further wrongdoing.

Maybe get better at that.

3 Likes

I don’t play First Person Shooters because I’m too much of a spaz and my playstyle really annoys other players. As for PvP then only time I’ve ever enjoyed was in a game called World War II Online. That game I had a 14 to 1 kill ratio and I drove fragile British tanks. One key difference, units were the same regardless of who was driving or flying them. Winning or Losing depended on skill and intelligence rather than how much you could spend or how you could bend the rules.

I just spent 36 hours in the ER and surgery to remove my gall bladder. In some ways the mechanics of this game were superior to that experience. In many ways, the way mechanics of this game are used make my experience in the ER superior.

You seem very selfish and greedy to me. I also don’t like your deceitful claims that you care about new players when you really just seem to care about yourself and your pile of treasure.

5 Likes

That was actually my intention when I re-subscribed in December but I don’t think I’ve seen a PvP battle since I came back. Every single engagement I’ve been in involved me falling victim to some ingenious trap. Ingenuity that would be far better used to fight people that want to fight.

My latest most frustrating loss in nullsec was me in a Blockade runner. I was cloaked, using tacticals, approached the gate at nearly a 90° angle. A drag bubble yanked me 90° to my right which is not how they are described to work (I would have under no circumstances have crossed any part of the bubble regardless of where my destination was). I was still cloaked and didn’t see any cans and any ships around would have no reason to realize I was there, so I started motoring to the gate. A guy in a Loki uncloaked me, webbed me, and opened fire. I broke his lock on me and recloaked. He decloaked me again and killed me.

This game might not be for you then as PvP (including ganking) is an intentional part of it so if you can’t cope with it and it frustrates you / ruins your gameplay then some other game might be better suited for you where you can actually have fun playing it.

1 Like

My pile of treasure? I no longer have that pile of treasure. Dumb as it may have been, everything I owned was in that Orca. I was moving from one system to another. If I was a suitable candidate to help new players I would. I mention new players because I’ve seen numerous comments by CCP and players alike worried about the attrition rate of new players. I know CCP has taken some action to prevent experienced players from taking advantage of new players. When I first played in 2011, it was common for gankers to suicide gank new players in the starting systems. I got ganked before I knew how to fly my ship. From what I understand now, that is still possible but CCP will ban any that do so.

I am Empathic toward new players and help whenever and where ever I can. Since I’m not as rich as you seem to think, I’m not able to help much.

I came to Eve for the complexity of making stuff, not the creative ways to make other players helpful then beat them to death while they have no hope. I’ve looked long and hard for a game that allows players to create items, SWG was the best but it’s gone.

Maybe play smart then? Never fly what you can’t afford to lose, use hauling services so others take the risk for a small fee, learn and understand the game mechanics, use common sense to develop best practices to avoid getting exploited and minimize losses, have friends and/or alts to help you out (webber and scout alt / fleet mate in case of your lost ship), do not blinge your ship and become a loot pinata, do not haul all your stuff in one ship and so on. Plenty of ways to help yourself minimize losses… if you bother that is.

If you start playing chess but only play for the aspect of moving your chess pieces around but not actually fighting your opponent then you play the game for the wrong reasons and in a wrong way and will end up here where you currently are.

4 Likes

You are correct in many ways. If I were to play chess I would play to win, otherwise there would be no point. Chess doesn’t have any mining, manufacturing etc. Chess also has rules that must be followed.

The “Mechanics” of Eve “Could” allow many different play styles but they are currently bent by those that would rather victimize others than do the work themselves. I would even find that tolerable but they have no downside to their behavior. They go in knowing what their cost will be and that there are no consequences that can’t be overcome without a 5 minute timer.

I play computer games because that’s what I have and what I like. I also have a playstyle that I like.

Oddly enough, when I played First Person Shooters the other players used to foam at the mouth because they didn’t like the way I played. I’m a spaz so I tended to use sniper rifles and explosives to good effect. They would scream at me that “that was cheap” or “that a pussy move”, “etc.”. I was particularly skilled at finding surprising ways to blow up players in Half-Life Deathmatch. Since I wasn’t playing exactly as the other players were (in your face) I was just about every name they could think of to call me. In World War II Online, my specialty was ambushing resupply columns. Once got 60 kills in less than 1 minute using a British A13 tank. I guess in this case the shoe is on the other foot. Except none of those other games allowed you to build things…