[I-RED] Deployment to Athounon

As of this date, the following actions and observations have been noted in and around the system of Athounon:

• PLESCO patrols have experienced skirmishes involving Gallente Militia around areas of operation.

• Pirate activity was spotted and quickly dispatched by PLESCO patrols in Athounon

• Continued battles between Caldari Navy, Federation Navy, and Triglavian vessels within Athounon have been observed

• There has been a noted lack of significant Federation capsuleer activity during times of observation

• While the size of the ‘cloud’ around the structure does not appear to have grown in size, the frequency of lightning activity seems to have increased

I will continue observations as time allows in the hopes this will keep individuals updated on the level of volatility in this situation.

6 Likes

An interesting series of observations Lady Avala. The insights are appreciated.

3 Likes

Is anyone timing this increase?

(Science wants to know. Don’t ask me what they mean by ‘timing’ or why it was necessary. They tell me though unless they “get good data from the international community” they are sorely tempted to “just go record it themselves, cordons be damned”.)

I have considered it, but I’m no scientist myself and lack scientific equipment. If I were to make timed recordings I’m unsure it would actually hold up as legitimate.

There are contacts I have who do own such equipment, so I will continue to try to get their attention. In any case, I urge people to refrain from ignoring the restrictions in place for the orbital perimeter. This situation is already extremely tense, and I fear unauthorized parties (as defined by both Caldari and Federation Navies) will only increase the likelihood of violence and chaos.

1 Like

I’ll get someone on it, Captain Rhiannon.

2 Likes

Ah.

It is good to see you back.

2 Likes

My honor, naturally, Captain Rhiannon. Anything involving potential emergent threat technology piques my interest.

2 Likes

Just to clarify then, you intend to disobey official Chief Executive Panel orders by either violating the restricted zone or mobilizing a third party to violate it on your organization’s behalf?

Ms. Malitia, I’m uncertain you quite grasp the range of what’s perfectly legal and permissible for an independent capsuleer.

4 Likes

I will take that as an affirmation.

I expected nothing more of ARC.

The CEP orders specifically state hostile action against anyone entering the orbit of Athounon V, this includes capsuleers not affiliated with the State Protectorate or the Caldari Navy. It even goes as far to bar all mega-corporate as well, which should indicate it’s importance.

Legality aside, ignoring these orders as a Caldari loyalist in any capacity shows ones true loyalties if they’re willing to ignore a order from the highest channels of authority in the State.

1 Like

I have received no such order, Mr. Mazaki.

1 Like

Understood, you know there is a order but have decided to feign ignorance.

2 Likes

No, Mr. Mazaki. It’s actually quite simple. I do not follow orders I was not given. I am not in the militia, so I am not subject to militia orders.

Further, I find it fascinating that I-RED has fallen so far from Liberal ideals that it goes without remark that you’ve been issued orders to fire on EDENCOM and CONCORD forces if they appear.

2 Likes

You are subject to their wishes which clearly detail they do not want anyone not affiliated with the Caldari Navy or the State Protectorate from entering the restricted zone detailed by our RoE change.

If you refuse to abide by them then you are in breach of CEP wishes of keeping the orbit clear of non-authorized vessels.

It should be noted that my duty to following my orders supersedes any Liberal ideals of my corporation.

3 Likes

For those who would like the data, my contact has given me the following information. The graphic I share is far from an artistic masterpiece. I suppose that’s why he is a scientist.

Here is his explanation:

The structure was centered and the data collected uses a top-down approach with the system’s star as the northern most point. Location of storm planet is corner lower left quadrant. Frequency of lightning was counted in increments of exactly one minute (60s), with an average taken from three measurements of each area of lightning. There are two types of colours, one being red and one being a light blue/almost white. Their locations in each quadrant have been defined with their respective colours.

Upper left quadrant appears least active, while upper right quadrant appears most active. More data will obviously help with further accuracy.

7 Likes

It makes more sense, looking at the Triglavian fleet composition it has Hospodar and Raznaborg units which I believe are still under the direction of Zorya. Most likely in response to destroying the Werposts because the same kind of behavior has been noted in other systems. I think it should be considered a red herring.

1 Like

As an update to the volatility of the storm, my contact has provided more information:

Data compared to 24h ago resulted in minute variation with the following results. For reference, quadrants are numbered in a clockwise manner starting with the upper left.

• Q1 RED: 4, BLUE: 0
  • Q2 RED: 16, BLUE: 7.67
  • Q3 RED: 10, BLUE: 6.67
  • Q4 RED: 8, BLUE: 9.33

It doesn’t appear to be too far from the initial data, save for Q2 BLUE, which suggests to me there may have been discrepancies in the collection of the first set of data.

Assessment: Frequency of lightning does not appear to be increasing or decreasing in a significant amount at this moment in time. It is worth noting that data collected today resulted in exactly the same counts every 60s for all RED; however, counts every 60s for BLUE varied throughout.

With the footage provided, I was able to discern a slight difference in storm thickness, resulting in darker appearances from above, though it is possible the slight difference in drone capture could be the culprit. Please provide photos for comparison with statement for opinions from other professionals.

Further observations requested.

8 Likes

ONISEKI-RAATA INTERNAL WATCH

//DECLASSIFIED BRIEF REPORT//

124.06.26 - O-RIW approves use of deployable Observasion Posts and deployable Mobile Scan Inhibitors during active PLESCO patrols over Athounon V.
124.06.26 - PLESCO force engages and destroys pirate force belonging to Brave Collective near Athounon II - [Resulting pirate losses of three Assault Frigates, one Frigate]
124.06.26 - PLESCO report no Gallente Militia activity within the Athounon solar system between 00:43 - 06:13.
124.06.27 - PLESCO patrols engage and destroy Triglavian and Federation Navy assets in orbit of Athounon V.
124.06.28 - O-RIW reconnaissance report six Gallente Militia capsuleers actively engaged Caldari forces at deadspace facilities for a period of one hour, several Federal Defence Union capsuleer vessels destroyed by joint-PLESCO/LUMEN forces - [Resulting FDU loses of one Cruiser, one Tactical Destroyer, one Frigate]

//END OF REPORT//

5 Likes

Strictly speaking, no. The orders given to StaPro aren’t orders anyone outside of StaPro is ‘subject to’. You’ve been ordered to keep the area clear of unauthorized ships. ARC, however, is outside StaPro’s chain of command, and while the order has been given to StaPro and the Navy, there’s been no clear statement from the CEP that approaching the area is considered a criminal act.

So as far as the effect, sure, she’ll get shot at, but as far as what the CEP wishes goes… presumably, the CEP wishes for all citizens of the State to be super-capable gods among men, each flawless and of supreme ability in all fields, too. They’ll get that sooner than they’ll keep independent eggers from getting anywhere those eggers want to go, badly enough.

3 Likes