I regret to inform that we still don't die enough

I mean the mechanics are already there in the form of faction warfear --fear–

It could be … problematic but again, creativity conquers it all.
Then, one would come with biggerer, betterer ships and fits under the pretext of greater gains as one plays part on any of the sides without permanent downsides. A highsex war!

You made me wanna be a ganker! but what about the objective? it cannot fall under a simple confrontation of… wait!

No fittings but readily available fitted hulls… quasi-equal. In order to avoid you know who doing you know what.
And on call… a freightor could use the notbatphon but another type of phon with a PA address call. Epicus! In my little head at least… but the freightor must die!

Oh! and anti-missol-lazors… just cuz ya kno… having anti-missol-missols is just plain stoopid once one has lazors!

This is the issue. Faction warfare can work, but is currently broken and exploitable. Resource wars could have worked great, but was implemented so broken that nobody even took it seriously.

Bounty hunting as a career can work fine, but CCP simply doesn’t bother to work out the details for any of this stuff. Some players like things just the way they are now. Those people send them millions of dollars of subs. That’s all CCP really cares about.

CCP did okay with the Trig invasion and subsequent Abyssals (although with some glaring misteps), but as far as messing with old code they just don’t bother.

1 Like

I already outlined an exact fleet fit that costs as much as the catas and can easily deal with them. In fact, I’d go so far to say that fleet flown correctly will absolutely never lose to the catas as it is designed to kill them and you know what the catas are fitted with thanks to zkills. Catas are brawl, that fleet is kite. They literally will never touch you.

I notice you are still ducking that post. I know why :smiley:

Nope, its only no-win because you depend on daddy CCP to get your win for you. Find friends. Fleet up in that frig fleet I posted, profit.

They are, including you. You have all the in game tools to fight back, but you won’t. You could join up with Githany and organize small gang roaming AG, but you won’t. You could join up with Githany and form the New Eden Logistics Force, which mines to fuel AG and build them ships, but you won’t. There are so many in game things you could do to combat this scourge you claim to hate and generate content for yourself.

But you won’t. You’ll sit there in a belt, lasering a rock and waiting for death. And that’s your right too. However, don’t think for one second you aren’t the wildebeest watching their friends get eaten. Because you are :smiley:

No. They choose to be. And that is the chip truth.

Or, take control of your own destiny. Learn how to fit, learn how to fly and learn how to fight. You won’t. Because that takes actual game play. It takes risk. It takes losing.

What is real PvP? It is obvious you don’t know how. I suspect you didn’t commit on the frig fleet because you have no idea what some of those modules do. It is very easy to keep yourself in T1 frigs. And that’s all it takes to stop a dessie fleet.

Yep! And there are a ton of strategies to avoid it as well. You’ve already admitted to using them and that they work :smiley: Therefore, you have self owned your own argument :smiley: Learn to EVE kthx.

Only for people who can’t read F10 to save their lives. There are tons of quiet routes to mine in that lead directly to Jita without going thru Uedama. Learn to EVE kthx.

There is “real” PvP to stop them. You simply won’t. And you are promoting the wildebeest mentality with these posts :smiley: You are simply making more.

See my frig fleet post :smiley:

Why? Its true. If a vidya game isn’t fun, don’t play ROFL.

LOL why would you go thru Ahbazon knowing its a death trap? Risk is inherent every time you undock. But if you rolling thru Ahb, you’d better roll heavy or fast ROFL.

You literally can.

All snark aside, if you truly are one year in and have this perspective, well it honestly makes me happy. You have learned to EVE and have proven people can do so. This is the mindset everyone should strive for. EVE isn’t a game for everyone. Some people need Stardew Valley and thats ok.

But Cyilla trying to turn EVE into Stardew Valley is def wrong.

Until they take aggressive action, they are just another capusleer in CONCORD’s eyes :smiley:

LOL. No one would. You think peeps would actually risk ships without CONCORD protection?

What am I being accused of now?

2 Likes

Maybe I should have quoted the whole… the point is, people that use the forum don’t have to do it because they are happy-go-guppies. And I never said it’s false.

meh… I smell trolling on tis one. Read the full thing.

back on the thread, I think you were the first to mention something alike. Or said you like it… and it was about something else I said…

Nope. It was not Gix.

It’s posts like these that I wish there was an unlike or thumbs-down button.

A mining ship isn’t “invincible”. It’s a trade off between strength and capacity.

The current Retriever has good capacity but lower strength, while the current Procurer has more strength but less capacity. Pick wish is better for your. I’ve mined in both under different situations.

Nerfing the Procurer doesn’t add to “You can play how you like” when you have less chance against a ganker who doesn’t care about losing their ship. :-1:

Conveniently missing the part that If you fly more than 8 jumps away from a trade hub you can mine for years and never see a ganker and have to worry about tank.

But if you just want to set up shop where the safety are having lunch you have to accept the crap that comes with that

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

What troll the truth? Why would you willingly enter into the lion’s den unless you came equipped? If you came ill-equipped, why are you surprised when eaten?

There… because this is why I wrote what you quoted. I think you did not read it. But it’s ok, I got the idea, thx

Is this directed at me? Or are you just quoting me?

Because I’m not sure what you are trying to say here.

Sorry if I’m being dense

Welp its the truth. If you don’t believe me, then I heard if you bring your blinged out gila to Tama, ISK rains from the sky :smiley: Just wait at the sun and offline your tank mods. That’s the secret.

Also it works in Old Man Star too. But for that system you have to announce in local that you’re a bear looking for honey and that you know its at the sun so thats where you’ll wait. Then you must WTZ at the sun, and ship spin exactly 563 times. Once you do so, ISK literally warps in from all angles.

True story.

1 Like

I’ve mined in a lot of .5 and .6 systems well away from major hubs and CODE, Safety, et al still came in frequently.

And happily destroyed many of them foolish enough to attack me. Having a strong miner gave me that freedom.

Then what’s the issue?

I point out people have a choice about how they mine. And don’t need to mine in busy systems.

And your response is I mine in busy systems but they can’t kill me.

So now we can mine in quiet systems with no tank and have zero problems…… AND mine in busy systems and be invincible.

So why is ganking a problem lol

“Ganking” becomes wholesale slaughter when the prey is nerfed and nothing changes for the predators. :rage:

And you really think gankers aren’t going to seek out these “safer” systems eventually? :upside_down_face:

Have you seen the buffs to ehp the mining barges and exhumers look to be getting in the next update?

As long as there are players stupid enough to mine in bad fits right next to them…… no I don’t. Why travel around looking for me when you can stay where you live and have multiple targets.

Now if everyone gets good then maybe.

But given when this is explained to people…… they just say “no I’ll keep doing what I’m doing and hope CCP changes things” I’m feeling pretty safe for the next 10 years at least

:slight_smile:

You’ll be safe for years to come. Just practice opsec as you are doing.

Cilla just got her and her friend blapped. I know someone gonna tell Adrian LOL.

This is categorically false. You can play the game exactly how you want to from day one, and no one is forcing you to be a high-sec miner. You made that choice for yourself.

When I started playing, I got into PvP pretty much from the first week. I didn’t feel obligated to go through the “new player” motions wherein I grind high-sec ore for half a year before “becoming ready” to have my first “op.”

Most people choose to be wildebeests on their own volition, usually through logic like “only griefers attack other players and I am a nice person, so I will be a miner/industrialist!” It’s their choice, of course, but the end result is that they never learn how to play the game well, and pay for it with repeated losses and suffering.

This will never be possible as long as the punishment for ganking consists of an NPC kill trigger that occurs within 5-26 seconds, depending on system security rating. Gankers using cheap, expendable ships to gank is a calculated, rational response to environmental circumstances.

If you want to change this, the first stop would entail changing CONCORD to no longer be an absolute punishment the way it is now. But good luck doing that. Go propose changing CONCORD in the ideas section of the forums, and see how quickly your throat gets torn out by the rabid miners who read it.

By the way, things weren’t always like this. In the past, we had high-sec wars, and there was much less ganking going on at that time. Many of the gankers today are players who used to engage in these wars. PvE-focused corporations used to hire PvP-focused corporations as mercenaries for protection against incoming wars, or to go after their economic competitors. As time went on, more and more players started complaining about the war mechanic because all they wanted to do was mine and run missions in peace, and not have to deal with wars or having to spend some of their money on protection.

So about five years ago, CCP effectively removed wars from the game. And now ganking is the only true form of non-consensual PvP left in the game, so 100% of the whining and complaining is directed at it instead. Carebear players will never support a system in which any form on non-consensual PvP is possible.

Most of the changes throughout the years have in fact nerfed the gankers. I can provide a list if you’d like. It’s in my post history somewhere.

2 Likes