I see how it is CCP, your new way of Making $$$

Solution is simple. Dont pay them.

1 Like

caveat emptor
ˌkavÉȘat ˈɛmptɔː/
noun
noun: caveat emptor
the principle that the buyer alone is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made.

[quote=“Black_Pedro, post:15, topic:25084”]
I do hold CCP responsible though for spending significant developer’s resources making the game more “cash grabby” and the option to trade for in-game power more in your face over the last years.[/quote]

Which also changes the image of the game and what kind of people it attracts, ultimately changing the game itself. Eve won’t make those kind of players happy, because, as we all know, this only works to a certain extend. At the same time those changes alienate Eve’s core player base little by little.

If it would be only a small percentage of what is developed, it wouldn’t even matter. Unfortunately, it feels like it’s a very big part of what we get while other important stuff gets constantly ignored and “real” features seem quite rare.

2 Likes

Great in theory, stupid in practise, though

You see you keep proving over and over that you don’t posses even basic reading comprehension. I mentioned I do agree with ship skins (cosmetics) in the post above, I own a shitload of them, and will likely buy more. Yet you claim I don’t.

Tell you what, go get one of your parents to come to the pc and I’ll explain it to them, so that they can spend the time explaining it to you.

1 Like

:blush:

Won’t take long anymore, and the culfural shift is completed. LifeBlood will push a new generation into the game, and from my expectation it’s the last, or yecond to last big influx needed. The increase in totalitarian thinking should be noticable, and in a year it’s going to get really bad. That’s assuming players, or CCP, don’t take counter measures, of course.

Will take a while 
 but I have to admit it’s visible though I’m not sure the reason is the RMT of CCP. I think it’s more the RMT of the players legal or non-legal which drives us towards a conflict-averse, big blue doughnut carebear heaven and demand for more security and PvE. CCP is to blame for creating mechanics fostering this in the first place.

EDIT: The solution is “simple”, cut off ISK faucets and make people fight over (income) resources. Fighting must be always the better option than sitting and ratting.

1 Like

if you mean “a year”, then you’re right. that’s a while.

most people aren’t aware that the real shift has started with the protection button and suspect mechanics, which were a direct nerf to EVE’s culture. (ignoring the comparatively little nerfs prior to that). it’s already far worse than most people actually realize.

people are usually badly suited for spotting soft, gradual changes. they also then tend to underestimate the impact of decisions, what’s going on and their long term consequences. they rather believe what authority tells them, because they - thanks to authority - lack the ability to think critically. trust me, it’s not “a while”, we’re already deeply in it. the op is simply late to the party.

1 Like

This is more a QoS feature IMO and has nothing to do with risk-aversion. It just prevents people from doing costly mistakes, or in other words, put the regime everybody knowing the mechanics would follow into code. Exploiting people’s lack of knowledge is no sustainable conflict driver. People are still doing a lot of mistakes because of other reasons.

Anyway we are talking about highsec here, this was not the focus of my reply.

1 Like

Don’t be an unreasonable child. No one is asking for CCP to make no money. We are not as unreasonable as you. All we notice is that CCP concentrates an ever growing amount of work on cash grabs instead of enjoyable content and activities.

Before CCP started drifting into that direction, CCP created a lot more enjoyable content and activity with just the subscription income than they did afterwards.

3 Likes

You really have no idea how that button, and suspect state, actually affected the game’s culture. It’s far more complex than you think, and how CCP sold it to the masses.

Read this to learn more, including the following responses, including my post addressing them. Your opinion about these changes doesn’t even get close to the actual effects they have.

Ha! The ‘Jove’ Expansion (if it ever happens) will be available to Omega players only. If, after one month, they slip back to Alpha, they’ll still have access to the region, but not to any assets acquired there.

So, yes, paid-for expansions would surely be attractive to CCP - but they’d have to up their game in designing, writing, and coding them, as new content. I’m sure that most games (I’m thinking here of Elder Scrolls Online) use existing content as a framework for new stuff, just write a new narrative, change the artwork, add a few items/characters, and record some new voice-overs; a cinch! I don’t know why, but it has never really worked in EVE Online; and I don’t believe it’s entirely down to ‘legacy code’.

One of my favourite lines from TESO (there are many real corkers) is spoken by a would-be NPC mage, who presents herself for study at a sorcery school, but “After 3 weeks’ training, I could barely light a candle”.

After over a decade at it, you’d think the company might by now have a handle on creating and publishing attractive ‘must-have’ content for the game.

Yes they try to get more money becouse ppl paying for it gets lower and lower :slight_smile:

That would be all the infinite faucets: hisec missions and incursions as well as nullbear magical sov null anomaly fountains.

Missions would have to have a prisoner’s dilemma: the fewer the people in your corp, the more you can get from the missions as long as you hold the exclusive bonuses with the agent.

Then theres the other problem: if all the fountains get squeezed or shut off, the ISK people have built up over the years gets a lot more valuable.

To be honest,

after they opened the plex vault, which they told us is just so ssfe for our plex and all is good, the prices increased by 25%. I do not buy Plex much, but I realized it and though “well nicely done, telling us what a great function and silently raising the prices”.

On the other hand before that a Plex (500 PLEX now) was 1.2 b and now its roughly 1.5b, so this has increase by 25% too.

And I neither see the game sinking, nor do I see them trying to steal money from us. They offer a product, we can buy or not. You do not like a second queue ? Just do not buy
 same for the rest

And with FTP aspect, just make an alpha account and train all the skills up to the alpha max for free. You’ll end up with a nice alt.

It also brings a lot of fresh blood into the game, which every game needs.

So what is really the deal ? A company trying to earn money? A game said to be dying for years now? I think since the citadel update, they have a much more attractive game than before.

Just don’t get it

you know CCP doesn’t control the price of plex in game, right? They didn’t raise the price.

2 Likes

They raised the real money price, selling it as an improvement.

And the market reacted and adapted.

Do you even remember what this game was in the beginning? I’ve never seen any game even come close to the amount of awesome new content EVE has seen.

Hopefully not that critical with the ISK sinks the LP shops then constitute. Of course this needs to be balanced carefully.

The features and what they do are only one part. Some or good, some not and most are a little bit of both.
How they are advertised in and out of game is another thing.

[quote=“Tanaka_Seiko, post:35, topic:25084”]
And with FTP aspect, just make an alpha account and train all the skills up to the alpha max for free. You’ll end up with a nice alt.

It also brings a lot of fresh blood into the game, 
[/quote]

You are stating this like it would be a a fact. The only fact we know is that the number of concurrent players is going down. We already reached pre-ascension levels, just with more players being ftp.

It’s not about earning money. That’s something they must and should do. More money to them.
It’s how it’s apparently supposed to work: more aggressively, sometimes misleading advertising catering to people that most likely are in majority not the kind that keeps playing Eve for long and plastering purchase options all over the game.

This might be even true in an abstract sense or from a new player’s perspective. However, most of us who have been here much longer than that know about things that used to “better” or see the potential of new things that’s wasted.
Citadels are a good example: they brought much quality of life for many players, the look much better than Pos and the allowed some new gameplay.
On the other side, structure removal, moving your structure, using a new structure where you used a small Pos before and some other things became all much worse.