I want to see the Caldari Navy do better

I am not Caldari or affiliated with the State in any way. I am just a lone, seasoned pilot and occasional contractor. But as someone who is a fan of many Caldari hulls, I know it’s possible for the State to do well against the Collective.

I’ve been flying the Naga equipped with Tech 2 425mm Railguns, with Spike loaded and dual sensor boosters this thing hits out to 220km. The Caldari should look back on these tactics, as my lone attack battlecruiser was able to handle Emerging Conduits (haven’t tried anything more advanced).

Just land a fleet of Nagas 190km off and unload with Spike, maintain range with MWDs and MJDs. The asteroids can be used as bounce points to dictate distance as well. Extreme range sniping is a time honored staple of Caldari tactics. It can work because I’ve seen it work.

8 Likes

It can absolutely work, and doesn’t require anything as fragile as a Naga. Feroxes will do the job just fine.

But no, the Caldari Navy is still hung up on using Osprey, Drake, and Raven missile boats.

1 Like

Can Feroxes push out to beyond Trigs’ range? I wasn’t taking a single scratch at 220km-190km of the guns’ falloff/optimal, but the Trigs are pretty close range relatively speaking.

Didn’t really find it that fragile at range, and they melted to 425mm railgun shells to the face. Feroxes would probably work just as well for a more tanky composition, but raining punishment down from 190km is equally viable with the bigger guns.

Right, you’re not finding it fragile at that range, because no kybers are probing you down and warping on top of you.

And Feroxes can get out to 140km or so with Spike, without any Tracking Computer/Enhancers. Give them even their own Command Burst running with no mindlink, and a single scripted Sensor Booster in the mids, and they’ve got 150km targeting range.

140-150km should be more than enough range for Triglavians, even the Leshaks weren’t hitting that far out. Maintaining range with Feroxes might prove more difficult since their base speed and agility are lower.

It is fortunate the Triglavians don’t combat probe. Capsuleers can, but I would still argue for the nimble Naga with lower signature radius over a bulkier Ferox in that case. Both can fit MJDs, so they can be slippery. Guerilla tactics work well in prolonged defensive campaigns in one’s own home territory when faced with a superior force. Ferox would be better in a huge fleet of less experienced pilots, throwing in logi or support cruisers for a complete fleet. Pure sniper tactics with attack battlecruisers would probably work better when your numbers are small or you’re alone and could use the extra damage of battleship-grade weapons to break Triglavian spider RR.

And then refused to let them leave again after a naked power play designed to extend the authority of the Senate to territories not inside the Federation. It would be like claiming Federal Law has to be obeyed in nullsec today.

I’m not saying the Caldari were without fault in all that, either. Mistakes were made all around. But let’s not act like the Federation was the poor, aggrieved victim while they blockaded an entire planet to prevent incoming food shipments, hmm?

1 Like

Feroxes cook along at a comfortable 1800m/s, and can have screening ships like Corms, Jackdaws, and Harpies to tackle and pick off higher-speed ships that try to come in.

1 Like

Yeah that’s definitely more of a proper fleet. I was talking more guerilla stuff, when it’s just you and a few friends and your system’s going Liminal. Even lone pilots or small groups shouldn’t be afraid to engage in this war to defend their homes, I was hung up on lack of numbers for months before I turned to extreme range sniping as an effective tool.

A diversity of tactics across all scales will be needed for this. Your composition definitely sounds meaner and more balanced! Some webs on the Feroxes or screening dessies will eat up Damaviks and Kikis.

Well, I’m thinking more ‘what the hell is the Caldari Navy doing? Here’s a simple alternative they already have the ships for that will actually work.’

1 Like

I honestly couldn’t tell you. I’m as confused as everyone else, especially since the State had multiple early wins, such as Samanuni. I fought there from the hour the invasion started, to the hour it ended, and I watched the Navy hold it’s own when they joined combat. What happened after that system, I have no idea.

You welcomed us with open arms because you thought you could control us. Then you blockaded our homeworld and systematically bombarded it from orbit indiscriminately. You don’t have a moral high ground from whence to lecture us, and there is nothing the Triglavian hordes can do to us that would make bending the knee to you a valid option.

4 Posts removed for referencing prohibited content, and those responding to it.

As this thread is more then a month old, and the topic is no longer relevant I will be closing this. Should the owner wish to reopen it at a later date, simply flag the post asking for it to be reopened.

Thank you,

~Alexandre Arthie

Alexandre Arthie,
Directive Enforcement Department
CONCORD Assembly

2 Likes