I WAS A CODE. SPACE BULLY

Are there any groups whose mission (or “code”) is to actively seek out and destroy groups like CODE?

1 Like

Of course not. What a strange idea…

3 Likes

So, yes. Who are they and why are you still around bullying people?

1 Like

I’m just here to help the miners obtain their mining permit.

3 Likes

Do you feel bullied?

1 Like

But of course there is. Look to the killboards and it is plain as day! The primary corporation that exists only to destroy CODE. is called… Concord! Everyone else should just give up on that, because you can never hope to catch up with those boys and girls in Blue. Just relax and let us do our righteous work. It is all covered under the CODE.

2 Likes

You must be new…

“destroy CODE”… “bullies”… Why do I have the feeling you’re approaching this the wrong way?

There is an “Anti-ganking” channel in game you may want to join… Not sure I’m doing the right thing by telling you about it, though… Somehow I have the feeling you’re going to make me waste a lot of typing time there…

3 Likes

I must be. This, though, is a cultural thing. We do not tolerate people who display malicious intent and disturb the peace in mine. I do not agree with EVE’s HTFU culture, and I am not going to “learn.” It just rubs me the wrong way in a lot of places.

Now, back to CODE. Why are they still here? I am asking game mechanics wise. They are probably too hard to counter, or they would have been dealt with already. Am I wrong?

1 Like

Yes, in many ways. In particular, not understanding the game you’re playing and maybe not even the fact it’s a game to begin with…

2 Likes

Yeah, no, sorry. That will not work on me. There is a cultural rift as far as what constitutes a “game” versus not between you and me. Your understanding is a little more detached, emotionally speaking. Mine is not. Yours may be the most vocal understanding here on EVE Forums, but that does not invalidate how I experience my own game and reality.

Why don’t you talk to me about EVE being a game of ISK balancing, instead. How more miners on the field means more minerals, and mineral prices deflating. That CODE helps keep people on their toes, more “hardened” or whatever? Share me your wisdom, instead of analyzing me.

Actually, tell me why CODE has not been hammered down by an alliance of miners, yet. That will satisfy my curiosity.

2 Likes

Not being able to see what’s wrong with this is one of the consequences of not understanding this is a game.

Nothing may “invalidate” how you experience game and reality. That doesn’t change the fact you’re doing it wrong.

Because that’s not what EvE is.

Which is actually one of the reasons CODE has many supporters.

I’m already sharing my wisdom with you when I analyse you. You just happen to not like what I’m telling you and seem to think this is a matter of “opinion” or something that has nothing to do with facts.

Anyway, this should get you started. Be sure you read (an understand) the parts where it talks about EvE being a PvP game at its core and “any player may attack any other player if they choose to, no matter where they happen to be”:

This can only make sense to you because of how little you know about the game. There is no such thing as an “alliance of miners” capable of “hammering down” CODE, nor will ever be. They wouldn’t be miners if they were able/willing to do that to begin with…

2 Likes

An actual answer. Why, thank you. I am willing to hear more opinions on the topic from others, too.

Eve is a game where piracy and crime is a fully intended mechanic. Just like any persistent game, it has to be balanced such that the conflict and gameplay goes on. You can’t really permanently lose in Eve just as you can’t really permanently win.

You can definitely mess with criminals. You can kill them, drive them away, or foil their escapades. But you can’t really stop them - by design. They exact same can be said about miners - as much as CODE. ideology has set up a holy war against miners, they can never actually win and destroy all highsec miners. CCP would change the game first, just like they would if someone could rid highsec of all crime. Because that is the game.

CODE. like any group in Eve can really only be killed by breaking their will to log in or to continue to be a group. Otherwise, it is a video game and any group can make a comeback and try again.

As the departed CCP Guard once sang about, we in New Eden are doomed to fight for resources and power:

and the Code and the gameplay around it is almost a living embodiment of the reality of Eve Online.

6 Likes

Wonderful, thank you.

So CODE currently does not have to deal with a permanent wardec from a large alliance that has been specifically formed to curtail their operations in highsec?

Edit: I guess not.

I find this very strange, indeed.

1 Like

One way or the other you will “learn”.

1 Like

I actually did learn, and had to unlearn to regain my identity.

So, no, and I know what I am talking about. Thank you, though.

1 Like

This is like asking why butchers haven’t been hammered out of existence by an alliance of livestock.

8 Likes

Why is that strange?

2 Likes

So are you going to form said big alliance to wardec CODE. and foil all their plans?

If not, then you already have your answer why no one is doing it.

2 Likes

Yes, as soon as I leave nullsec and go to highsec to be a miner. :wink: