I WAS A CODE. SPACE BULLY

But thats me right? :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I wonder how long Dracvlad can quit, before he comes crawling back like Viirilithizu Ward?

1 Like

Like 2 minutes

Holy ■■■■ I’m loling

Imagine ‘coming back’ to antiganking, getting wrekt by code and mad as he couldnt do anything but fail then quits the game :rofl:

Definitely a story to tell his grandkids

And I make another loser quit

Code ALWAYS wins

Make it forever, nobody will miss you

4 Likes

The takeaway is that these guys aren’t really anti-ganking. Rather, they are gank-vultures.

4 Likes

You can’t magically prevent bad things from happening and then claim any semblance of realism…

1 Like

I am saying exactly that it’s not happening because it can’t happen…and that’s realism. It’s not overpowered, it’s just the way things work both in game and IRL.

1 Like

Have you ever tried to defend the little dots from Pac Man? He just gobbles them up. Shockingly overpowered.

3 Likes

+1 Strawberry for such a uber-nerdy analogy

2 Likes

On the map of New Eden, there is literally a huge red dot on Uedama whenever they are ganking there. The people they blow up make zero effort to avoid or address the gank. Most of them are on autopilot.

These people that get destroyed are only “players” in the loosest possible definition.

2 Likes

You keep using that word “overpowered” - I do not think it means what you think it means.

2 Likes

Again, you can’t counter something that generally has already happened. So if you want to stop ganking then the most logical option is to remove it from the game.

But then you would also need to remove all crime from EVE as that would also be logical.

What you want and how you want to achieve that are generally incompatible with the reality of Eve…

2 Likes

ps. You’re a dick but good for the game…see ya in 6 to 12m

You are stating that blowing up clueless pinatas is overpowered. I guess you want it to be harder to do anything about bot-aspirants in highsec. Why you would want this, I cannot fathom.

Perhaps you think that being clueless and AFK are underpowered - especially when you go to a place where clever engaged people are. Yeah, being a clueless mark is always an underpowered strategy - even outside of New Eden.

2 Likes

But this would require, for the lack of a better word, “magic”. This would be in the form of programming or modules or weird mechanics, etc…also, the number of ganks for “while it’s happening or immediately prior” vs all the other ones is pretty small making for a lot of work for little gain.

I believe it can’t be while retaining realism. I’ve never heard of a balancing idea that didn’t give-up some pretty far-fetched ideas.

No, I am choosing my words carefully here. This is reality. What I am saying goes for RL and EVE equally. This isn’t a bias or CODE or AG or whatever, it’s just reality. You can’t stop most criminals if they are intent on doing a crime. .

That or pulling the plug (for financial reasons).

That takes a huge part of Eve’s soul out of the game though…especially in HS…

I have no idea what your position is. I have learned from your posting history that my inability to intuit your thoughts annoys you - so I included “I guess” in my statement. You even included those words when you quoted me. Lulz.

Oh, and AFK hauling is the core game mechanic. Ganking is the counter-mechanic. A counter to highsec ganking is just not AFK hauling expensive stuff. There is no need for another “anti-ganking” mechanic.

2 Likes

Antiganking is ridiculously overpowered. All you have to do is be in the same room as your computer, and you are already twice as resistant to ganks. If you actually sit down at your computer, and put your fingers on your keyboard, your gank resistance increases a hundred fold. Now try listening to the sound, or even actually observing the EVE client. Wow, suddenly you are one solid antigankified machine… and if that’s not enough, you could try fitting your ship with a couple modules!

1 Like

other than cargo expanders…

3 Likes

The minute a shot is fired and the gankers go criminal, they can be engaged. We already have this and it doesn’t work in the AG eyes.

You know the expression “a locked door is the best deterrent”? What you are asking is above and beyond that locked door which is basically an armed guard paid to stand at every door, 24/7. This cannot be balanced an still retain anything resembling EVE.

AFTER the crime has been committed…THAT is my point. IRL and in EVE, it’s the same thing. It’s always the same thing OR else you are not interested in anything remotely realistic.

CONCORDS penalty is you lose your ship…see, same as IRL…do the crime, pay the price. You just feel the price is too low.

You are missing the key point of EVE. Don’t undock in anything you can’t easily replace. Remove ganking (aka crime) and EVE is no more…

If you want to play against AI then there are great SP games out there…what’s the point/challenge?

2 Likes

Coming into this thread kind of cold (and my first time back in C&P in general in a long time), and as the denizens of C&P are wont to do, I’d like to add my 0.02 ISK to this.

I am not a ganker (although I have ganked on occasion), nor have I ever been part of the New Order (although I have flown with them). That style of play just doesn’t suit my tastes, my way of thinking. Yet I can still say, without doubt or hesitation:

The CODE always wins.

It always wins because it is a self fulfilling prophecy. It’s a brilliant piece of social engineering, buried in plain view in an online game.

• Ganks someone and succeeds? The CODE wins. One more ship destroyed, and hopefully one more pilot awake and at the controls from now on.
  • Ganks someone and fails? The CODE wins. Hopefully one more pilot awake and at the controls from now on.
  • Someone stages a defense and succeeds? The CODE wins. They got other pilots up off of their but and into the game.
  • Someone stages a defense and fails? *The CODE wins. One more ship destroyed, and they got other pilots up off of their but and into the game.

Are there members of the New Order who are just bullies or salt collectors? Sure. Are there political and economic drivers behind suicide ganking? Absolutely. But at its core, the CODE is about getting people involved in actively playing EvE instead of just AFKing their way through it, and with everything they do, they accomplish that goal, whether they succeed in a gank or not.

You can’t beat the CODE. The more you fight it, the more it wins.

9 Likes

AFK grinding is not gameplay.

5 Likes