I would like to see a special area for people who have a real life disability who cannot react as fast you're just an idea below

This thread needs fresh stem cells. :microscope: :syringe:

The exact conditions for such a dispensation are a minefield, but CCP has the rights through TOS/EULA to do whatever they want, in whatever situation.

As long as the dispensation applies to only one account, and the applicant shows proof of their condition/identity/account, and the automation allowed is restricted, I think its doable, and fairly abuse proof.

Hiring a doctor that understands what is involved in interfacing with EVE, on retainer to review applications, should not be unduly expensive.

Nevermind conditions like dyslexia. I’m talking about disabilities that make it very difficult to interface with EVE through keyboard/mouse.

Need a pair of scissors to cut yourself free of the thread?

Gotta love EvE’s original snowflake calling people out for using the phrase. :rofl:

2 Likes

CCP coming together with doctors to develop means for disabled people to play Eve Online will help further advances in real world technology.

Take for instance an over lay for the screen that would be used to direct a cursor based on eye movement to complete the actions normally completed using the hands, but because the player doesn’t have the use of their hands but their eyes, they would be able to play Eve Online.

I thought such tech exists already albeit it’s expensive

I’ve been in corps with quadraplegics. They use current technology to play the game just fine.

No overlay needed and already possible using a webcam, blinking and the required software for it.

You’re welcome.

First and foremost I didn’t respond to you because I wasn’t following it that closely I just saw your comment tonight secondly it comes down to bad I hand coordination and re and Delayed Reaction Time because of my real life disability look it up spastic cerebral palsy

there’s a hell of a lot different between me and a quadriplegic but I’m not going to get into a long list of differences because I just don’t have the time nor the character space to sit there and list it I could if you want to have that conversation

send me an email in game and I will have that monthly conversation with what the difference is between my disability and a quadriplegic is but I won’t have it here on the forms there’s some tweaks that needs to be done at the game delayed reaction time has cost me ships but at the end of the day there’s some freaks that could be done but none that CCP

could do easily and I’m starting to realize that because the code in this game is so damn old they would have to rewrite the game to put accessibility features and make them in the correct order

Your suggestion of a paid area that is free of PvP, is unworkable.

I’m a registered nurse in training, and am aware of the disabilities caused by cerebral palsy.

I propose either CCP makes an application process for “special dispensation” to players that have proven medical conditions leading to difficulty interfacing with EVE, or that you look into finding alternative peripherals/software that enable you to interface with EVE better than just a keyboard/mouse.

I feel for your situation, but no.

It is not fair to the other players to water the game down to that point. It would just end up like a handicap parking space, all the non-handicap bots would park there. Then the next request would be to police that area, leading to a permanent recurring cost.

What the everlasting ■■■■?? Not a single fullstop, or comma. Are you so unaware of yourself, that you can not even form a single structured sentence ? What the hell is going on in your mind ??

Sorry it was like 3 a.m. And I’m like totally dyslexic and totally forgot the space my s*** out I normally spaced it out to make it easier to read because I never really could figure out where to put the period or punctuations I’ve always had trouble with that I apologize

1 Like

It already exist and it’s called rookie systems

1 Like

No everyone is perfect like you are.

Some people have problems stopping and starting their sentences.

Its almost as if Jennifer_Austin has a mathematical mindset as math formulas do not have periods or comma’s either.

I would dive into a discussion about consciousness …
… but as you are ill equipped, there is no point to it.

vOv

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.