I would like to see a special area for people who have a real life disability who cannot react as fast you're just an idea below

First of all I should apologize for my poor english. I dont want insult or hurt anyone purposely. I respect and applaud people who don’t giving up and lives full live with all it’s aspects regardless of any circumstances. But there is no any special condition for disability persons in the olympic games for example. They are participate in paralympic. But do you really want to turn the greatest sandbox into set of small boxes with sand? Instead of mining all rare stuff in hi-sec wouldn’t it be better to invent your own sceme of getting it (grim and conspiracy for sure =))? What about to became a scrapmetal magnate? =) I mean EvE is a game about adaptation. At last you always can spend extra bucks to buy another mining boat since previous was ganked (I’m still talking about hi-sec where it relatively rare) instead of buying pass to the reservation.
My post have crumpled… anyway I wish OP to find his/her way in this great game.

Exactly. I don’t think very many players would fall for the bonus room. It was part of a scam run by a player now banned. It was an example of the long con. Basically the scammer would string along the target and when ready invite the target to the bonus room. To get in you literally have to cash in everything and contract it over to somebody who is part of the bonus room. I mean everything including LP yet to be cashed in. They knew all this because to get into the bonus room you had to hand over an API that showed them pretty much everything. The lure was of course big winnings.

It was totally a scam. If it had ended there it probably would still be going on…the target would rage for a bit on comms then log off and there you go. Hard lesson learned. Unfortunately it did not end there the target was then asked to do all sorts of things to try and win back his stuff and the payoff. Of course there was no way to win. They’d just keep asking the target to do stuff until he gave up. The last instance was rather…disturbing with the guy being on voice comms for around 1.5 hours and breaking down at the end.

DrysonBennington is trying to link your situation to that incident as a way of gaining the moral high ground. It is in it’s own way despicable because it casts you in a rather bad light, IMO. Dryson is also a well known troll on the forums. He has a rather dubious reputation.

As for your particular concern I get the issue. Problem is the game is not set up to allow for what you are asking. It could be abused. The game is such that the players adapt to it…not the game adapting to players (generally speaking). I actually think NS is really where you should be looking. I know it is counter intuitive, but in NS that is where players can carve out areas that are actually safer than HS. I know you want to head up your own corp and that is still possible in NS with the right alliance…

Why did you choose to play a PvP game when you know you have disabilities and that you have to fight against “normal” kids?

If it was to find out whether you can compete against them or not, then where do you see yourself right now?

Dont defend the Bonus Room ■■■■.

As to your other post on that, dont make me rip you apart for issuing such fallacies.
Do not re-iterate them.

The Bonus Room was the peak of reprehensible behavior in EVE.

1 Like

Hear hear, Lord Salvos has spoken. We shall not speak of which Lord Salvos does not approve!

OP: to those who do not suffer from such disabilities it is extremely unfair to ask that you are being treated like a special snowflake. You ask for a safe space where you can mine the best ore to the detriment of those who do not have the “excuse” of being “disabled”. Your disability does not (and should not) grant you special treatment, and offering money for said special treatment does not change that it is special treatment you are asking for.

There is a reason why there are special olympics. It would be extremely unfair to all the un-disabled athletes to compete with disabled athletes who get bonus points/a head start simply for being disabled.

It would lead to the disabled being granted more and more “favours”, because there will always be someone (who usually is not disabled) who will complain about how they have “no chance” and how it is “unfair”.

Jita local is the Special Olympics of EVE…

3 Likes

Why not play on the Chinese server and bot ?

So, basically you want a place with permanent TiDi???

The Bonus Room situation, and those involved in it, is a shut case.
CCP drew the line and so did the community.

Oh shut up.

1 Like

No, I will not.

Do not defend the Bonus Room.

Nobody is defending it…you can stop virtue signalling now.

1 Like

Yeah…

Ill stop when you stop trying to defend the abomination of EVE and community that was Bonus Room.

I wasn’t defending anything. I was calling out Dryson’s lie. The Bonus Room was quite disturbing and I find people who thought it was amusing or entertaining…people who probably need to check their moral compasses.

Seriously you need to get off your virtuous high horse raving around that flag about what an awesome person you are, you are just looking silly about a faux issue–i.e. nobody is defending the bonus room.

3 Likes

My bad @Teckos_Pech.

The repudiation of the kind of people involved in it as you wrote, is ample and my view as well.

1 Like

Calm down. It’s a game. OP also seems capable and isn’t completely disabled or mentally retarded, while you’re blaming the Internet for being what it is.

When somebody actually gets hurt by what happens in EVE then you’d have to blame those who allowed the access in the first place and not the people in it. See also the EULA regarding content and responsibilities.

We then don’t carve out an area in an ice arena so people in wheelchairs can get onto the ice, too. They’re usually fine with just watching. OP also made a suggestion to change wardec mechanics here. It’s safe to say that most of us know how this is going to end (see tragedy).

Read my first post in this thread.

No one was.

Only a brain dead person calls someone a snowflake…go back to Faux News agency. You are nothing but a mimic…a bot aspirant if you will.

A mindless robot.

OP has not responded to my suggestion that CCP could provide special dispensation for players that show proof of disability (alongside identity/account) which impairs interfacing with EVE, to use limited automation on one account.

Overall, I’m beginning to think this thread is just about buying safety.