I would like to see a special area for people who have a real life disability who cannot react as fast you're just an idea below

ive been in a lot of null sec groups, they are hardly guarded, and its hardly a real op as its mostly 1 guy and his alts, if I actually found a good alliance I probably would leave my 1 man corp but even the null alliance I have several characters in different areas are a few people online in corp despite being a big corp and no one in alliance chat because they are all going around mind numbingly in the supers, carriers and VNIs.

Don’t attack OP because he is a special needs, while you say this is a video game and he doesn’t NEED to play it, maybe video games are one of the few things that can be enjoyed and there is not a lot of video games that are slow pace that one can enjoy.

Just because someone is disabled, that doesn’t mean that everyone that is disabled is the same, they all have differences.

1 Like

That is just how EVE is honestly. In nullsec they have intel networks so you have warning if the enemy is still multiple jumps away. But there is never 100% security and people with and without disabilities get blown up everywhere in EVE.

You will make a lot more ISK than you will lose out there, so.you should be fine

1 Like

Topic moved to Player Features and Ideas discussion Board.

~Buldath

Good news,
This already exists. Why not join a large corp and mine,mission and rat in their nullsec heavens?

Karmafleet (and many others) is (are) recruiting, join ingame channel “KF_Public” or contact please contact @Kyiera, @Vulkyn , @Xia Jianhua, @Toni Delancor directly and explain them your problems.

@Jennifer_Austin I have a decision for you. Here what you should do.

No need special areas or special conditions. No need to ask someone to help or assist. You can act and make a difference by today. You should create your own corporation. The corporation where people like you could join. This makes them to create conditions they like and society they like. You could work together, help each other just like other people do in their corporations. This is because of what corporation exists for.

So this anomalies with NPC you could do together, roam feets and any thing else.

Create a recruit topic for your corporation. And I would like the community and CCP to support them.

It also would be nice if this corporation could have their own sov (system or two) in nullsec.

P.S.: I meat people with disabilities who joined our corporation. I can bring one memory of a guy who born with stumps instead of hands. One of his hand was long enough to use mouse and claviature he used by fingers on his leg. He also had a problems with speach. They come to this game like any one else. So it could be good if they could have conditions to play.

2 Likes

90% of a game is knowing what to do in any given situation. 9% is having the luck for those situations actually happen. 1% is actually doing it. This man shows us it’s possible. Granted he isn’t in eve but I’m sure he could considering eve is much slower paced.

No just no… go play with null bears they have intel that keeps track of ppl systems away from where youll be so youll just need to pay atention to chat
Next thing theyll be asking for ship equality and political correctness in EVE …

they do that and ill join and help them manage.

I’m afraid being able to reap rewards must carry danger. It’s integral to how the in game market works.

Eve is a full time pvp game. It’s fundamental that every area is a pvp area.

What would stop everyone going into this area, running max yield fits and insane amounts of industry at no risk and crashing the market?

there will still be danger, hes just asking for an area where he wont be curbstomped being helpless due to disability. if they make a corp and all full of people like him, not all disabilities are the same and there would be some of them fighting, just not him as his problem keeps him from multitasking. as is he is limited to empire by himself because of the issue, hell I cant even leave empire due to my connection. if the community did do such a thing they probably help with the pvp in the area along with those that could fight and 2 systems isn’t going to crash the market or have you missed what’s going on in delve?

We should allow the disabled people to play, you don’t have to be like mittens.

1 Like

Actually there is some truth to this. A dedicated “nullbear” does bring value. You can contribute in ways that are not combat related such as doing logistics work (moving stuff not repping stuff). And mining and building locally can help with self sufficiency and help maintain ADMs.

You can’t exempt yourself totally but NS can be pretty safe if you get in with a group that makes their patch of NS safer.

1 Like

This why we can’t have a dedicated area. But if players try to carve one iut that is different IMO. The latter takes effort and resources while the former doesn’t.

Seriously OP consider some NS groups. You will have to find other ways to contribute but being part of a group has benefits like helping you out if your rorqual is tackled.

1 Like

I personally would be okay with only allowing mining drones and orcas and not allowing the mining barges or anything like that to make it fair I’m not looking to crash the market I thought I have to keep my head on a swivel 24/7 because with my disability it makes it really hard I’m not even asking them to remove the idea of rats because I like to rat what am I asking them is to basically is 0.5 rat difficulty also the engineering structures could be specialized where they would only be allowed maybe 400,000 m 3 of ore storage before you would obviously have to haul it off the market I’m not saying remove the risk entirely transporting still be risky and if you really wanted to make it difficult only allow certain times a day that we would be allowed to transport off the market also if you want to get really take to go with it you would only allow compression arrays you wouldn’t allow full engineering complexes in that area we would still have to come into regular space and have a regular place set up so it would cost us more in the long run if you’re worried about the economy like I said I’m not asking for nothing for free I want to pay extra for it

I see that the usual ass-hats & crack-heads are all riled up; so…

An idea that came up on the Facebook group.

I also have issues that slow me down a bit, and I also agree that too many players see punching you in the disability as a legitimate move; so…

If there was an Easy Mode would that help?

The only way a dedicated safe space would work is if you cannot interact with the main server.

I could multi box orcas and make risk free isk. The transportation is easy and almost completely risk free with ganking nerfed so much.

I cannot support this in any form.

Some of us just don’t want to work for ass-hats. We want to fly.

The occasional barny sure, but we went to fly.

Hence my suggestion here:

The problem is that too many old players do not have a life outside of EVE, & just go too far with it.

And they won’t stop either.

And if CCP doesn’t intervene then we ( those with frailties ) will have to leave. Because it hurts to be punched in the disability by some looney Trump-head with an IQ barely breaking double figures ( for example ).

I love the idea of Easy & Hard Mode. Seeing the psycho-branch of EVE’s membership lose half their content will be bloody hysterical.

You don’t understand. Your just making knee jerk responses.

The whole point of eve is constant pvp. The market prices are dictated by supply and demand. And supply is dictated by ease and risk. Take out the risk, supply sky rockets. Prices plummet.

Who wouldn’t multi-box max yield orcas and afk mine all day when you know you’ll be left alone?

1 Like

I gave restrictions I said that it could not support anything more then maybe one orca with drones that it would not be allowed in mining barges or examiners and I even gave you some ideas about structure size restrictions and things like that

I agree there couldn’t be multiboxing that would be an unfair advantage because you’re already giving and advantage by not being able to be shot at I personally would be okay with only allowing mining drones and orcas and not allowing the mining barges or anything like that to make it fair I’m not looking to crash the market I thought I have to keep my head on a swivel 24/7 because with my disability it makes it really hard I’m not even asking them to remove the idea of rats because I like to rat what am I asking them is to basically is 0.5 rat difficulty also the engineering structures could be specialized where they would only be allowed maybe 400,000 m 3 of ore storage

before you would obviously have to haul it off the market I’m not saying remove the risk entirely transporting still be risky and if you really wanted to make it difficult only allow certain times a day that we would be allowed to transport off the market

also if you want to get really take to go with it you would only allow compression arrays you wouldn’t allow full engineering complexes in that area we would still have to come into regular space and have a regular place set up so it would cost us more in the long run

if you’re worried about the economy like I said I’m not asking for nothing for free I want to pay extra for it

And no it would not have to be on a separate server it could be like the Jovie regions there would be special Accelerated jump Gates for the people that paid for the access it’s just adding more pay to play to the game really what it comes down to :slight_smile:

So there’s only one site in the entire game at a time? Or can i put orcas in several sites?

You realise orcas mine almost as much as barges right? And can use faction mining drones? And didn’t you say you wanted high end ore in them as well?

Doesn’t matter how you restrict it really. It’s the anti-thesis of eve. The restricted sites in resource wars were hugely controversial, and they still allow ganking.

You can’t have everything. And you can’t have a special space where combat oriented PvP is restricted. Such a thing would be abused, IMO.

And your suggestion has a huge glaring problem: it can be abused. A “safe place” to rebuild your wallet? That would clearly throw the EVE ecosystem out of whack. Like any ecosystem you need balance between things like productions, destruction, generating ISK, the risk and uncertainty of doing all these things.

Nice job poisoning the well there, I think if you want to see the ass-hat you should look in the mirror.

:roll_eyes:

Wow…playing the victim, dragging in RL politics, and pre-insulting anyone who disagrees with you.

Why don’t you take your delicate little self off to some other game. You literally won’t be missed.

No, he is just being a jerk.

3 Likes